• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well years coaching defenses and some experience as HC. Sort of up there in age but I guess he should be useful helping getting things organized for Mac.
Doubt he was on anyone's radar as a hire.
Definitely didn't see that coming... Wonder what that means... Is he going to be a DC? Support as a HC during games since Mac will be calling the plays on defense?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well years coaching defenses and some experience as HC. Sort of up there in age but I guess he should be useful helping getting things organized for Mac.
Doubt he was on anyone's radar as a hire.
I read he was MacDonald's mentor so bringing him on seems like a good match. Probably help out scouting defensive talent and other stuff is my guess.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read he was MacDonald's mentor so bringing him on seems like a good match. Probably help out scouting defensive talent and other stuff is my guess.

It screams to me: "Hey, I believe in myself and this organization, I want to build something special here. I know I can do it but in order to achieve that I need xyz (that is not a sign of weakness or lack of assuredness) to continue my growth and development and leverage all the experience available to help me succeed. Let's do this right, and let's get moving right away."

I think that's why John/Jody Allen wanted him. It was a clear vision, a clear path to the best success plan possible, and that's what you're looking for in a head coach.

Now as for the offense who knows... but if the offense put up nearly top 10 in YPA with an entirely injured OL, an injured starting QB (playing at least 1/3 of the season), and a backfield banged up.. I'm sure without Tecmo Bowl playbook and a bottom 3 3rd down % defense, they can do better.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely didn't see that coming... Wonder what that means... Is he going to be a DC? Support as a HC during games since Mac will be calling the plays on defense?
I hearing assistant head coach…

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he’s going to be a coaching associate. Whatever that is.

Apparently, he and MacDonald are very close. Looks like Fraser was his mentor. Fraser also had four job offers and chose to Seahawks due to their relationship. Sounds like Fraser could eventually take over for the playcalling.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leslie Frazier appears to be Mike Macdonald's woobie. And that's ok.... need to take every reasonable measure to make this work because if not, then you shouldn't have fired the previous guy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I THINK MacDonald told John/Jody - "That's great if Pete wants to stay on as an advisor. But I'll bring in my own advisor, and I'd like that person to be Frazier." A polite way of saying he'll listen to Pete (and why wouldn't he - Pete has assembled some great secondary groups, you'd be arrogant not to) but end of day - "I know who I personally need to guide me towards making this team compete for a Super Bowl." That kind of confidence and decision making is the reason you get hired into positions like HC or an exec, etc.

Again, you're interviewing for a head coaching job. Questions like: "How are you going to build your staff, the roster, what are you prepared to do starting basically in the next week?" are going to be front and center. I think that's why Ben Johnson went right back to Detroit was he didn't have the answer. I think the OC and DC is already set. It's just a matter of announcing it, making it official, and getting the paperwork done.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a good possibility ben johnson doesnt want to be a head coach and is perfectly happy designing the offense and calling plays

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks requested to interview mike Kafka for OC but giants said no. So it seems he wasn't a serious HC candidate

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks requested to interview mike Kafka for OC but giants said no. So it seems he wasn't a serious HC candidate
IDK seems to indicate the Seahawks have interest in him. His situation in New York is awkward at best. Had play calling duties taken away couple of times. HC screaming at him on the sidelines. Seahawks probably thought there was a 50/50 chance the Giants would allow him to leave. I like some of the other names mentioned for OC anyhow.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK seems to indicate the Seahawks have interest in him. His situation in New York is awkward at best. Had play calling duties taken away couple of times. HC screaming at him on the sidelines. Seahawks probably thought there was a 50/50 chance the Giants would allow him to leave. I like some of the other names mentioned for OC anyhow.

They just be looking to see if they can get compensation for him to leave.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a good possibility ben johnson doesnt want to be a head coach and is perfectly happy designing the offense and calling plays
Rumor is he wanted more cash than what Washington wanted to pay.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is he wanted more cash than what Washington wanted to pay.
i read that as, he made a ridiculous counter offer he knew they would turn down because he didnt really want the job. havent we all done that at some point? occasionally it works.