• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Firings, Hirings, Predictions?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet Belichick ends up in Atlanta. Also, McCarthy staying on in Dallas as per some reports.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there will be a lot of talk about the Cowboys keeping McCarthy but in the regular season, he's been actually pretty good. 3 straight 12 win seasons ain't exactly awful and he did actually help make Dak better this year calling plays. I don't care much for the guy but it could be a lot worse. His clock management and the teams lack of discipline is an issue for sure but I doubt there was really any chance they would have hired Belichick no matter what.
The play-off issues in Dallas go a little deeper than just HC imo. The whole team puckers up tighter than a snare drum due to the spotlight and the pressure. They've been doing that for a very long time. Jerry is a great owner in so many ways. He puts together good rosters, he loves his players and treats them well, he has made the brand and the league more profitable than ever. But it seems the weight of the Star and his shadow overwhelm his team in the big moments. They play scared and tight and lose games when it matters because of it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there will be a lot of talk about the Cowboys keeping McCarthy but in the regular season, he's been actually pretty good. 3 straight 12 win seasons ain't exactly awful and he did actually help make Dak better this year calling plays. I don't care much for the guy but it could be a lot worse. His clock management and the teams lack of discipline is an issue for sure but I doubt there was really any chance they would have hired Belichick no matter what
I agree. It's hard to fire a guy that has had 3 straight 12-win seasons and just guided your QB to his best year ever. OTOH, the guy can't seem to win in the playoffs.

Still, is it smart to leave McCarthy on the last year of his deal? Is a lame duck HC gonna have enough authority with the players to get things done?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's hard to fire a guy that has had 3 straight 12-win seasons and just guided your QB to his best year ever. OTOH, the guy can't seem to win in the playoffs.

Still, is it smart to leave McCarthy on the last year of his deal? Is a lame duck HC gonna have enough authority with the players to get things done?

The idea that a lame duck coach has less control of a locker room was invented by a guy angling for a payday.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there will be a lot of talk about the Cowboys keeping McCarthy but in the regular season, he's been actually pretty good. 3 straight 12 win seasons ain't exactly awful and he did actually help make Dak better this year calling plays. I don't care much for the guy but it could be a lot worse. His clock management and the teams lack of discipline is an issue for sure but I doubt there was really any chance they would have hired Belichick no matter what.
The play-off issues in Dallas go a little deeper than just HC imo. The whole team puckers up tighter than a snare drum due to the spotlight and the pressure. They've been doing that for a very long time. Jerry is a great owner in so many ways. He puts together good rosters, he loves his players and treats them well, he has made the brand and the league more profitable than ever. But it seems the weight of the Star and his shadow overwhelm his team in the big moments. They play scared and tight and lose games when it matters because of it.
Only the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs (37) have more regular-season wins than Dallas since 2021. McCarthy's regular season record as the Cowboys head coach is 42-25 (62.7% win percentage), giving him the highest career win percentage of any coach in team history.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long leash Jerry Jones has given to McCarthy and Garret has been a disaster for the Cowboys. 14 years, 3 wins, 6 losses in the playoffs. Jonesa must be mellowing in his old age. Even Garrett wasn't fired, his contract expired. But a younger Jerry Jones had no problem moving on from Campo, Gainey, and Phillips.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is an idiot,
Meh. In-state rivalry. Eagle fans never have anything complimentary to say about the Steelers. Pittsburgh is a midwest town with its own identity. Philly is just a suburb of NYC.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. In-state rivalry. Eagle fans never have anything complimentary to say about the Steelers. Pittsburgh is a midwest town with its own identity. Philly is just a suburb of NYC.
I went to school in Pittsburgh. You don't know shit about Philly. Tomlin is a dumb mother fucker no matter where he goes.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to school in Pittsburgh. You don't know shit about Philly. Tomlin is a dumb mother fucker no matter where he goes.
Well, I'm sure you know shit about Philly. Horse shit. What's the mature flavor this year?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs (37) have more regular-season wins than Dallas since 2021. McCarthy's regular season record as the Cowboys head coach is 42-25 (62.7% win percentage), giving him the highest career win percentage of any coach in team history.

I’d rather be a wildcard team, making it all the way to the Super Bowl than a division winner that can’t even get out of the first round. Any fucking day of the week.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather be a wildcard team, making it all the way to the Super Bowl than a division winner that can’t even get out of the first round. Any fucking day of the week.
I believe the point is that MM being in the top 10 for most playoff wins and a SB wins, that the Cowboys could do worse at HC, not saying he is the answer.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the point is that MM being in the top 10 for most playoff wins and a SB wins, that the Cowboys could do worse at HC, not saying he is the answer.

Well, he obviously used up all his playoff mojo before he came to Dallas.

And weren’t you just in favour of getting rid of one of the guys at the top of the heap this year?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he obviously used up all his playoff mojo before he came to Dallas.

And weren’t you just in favour of getting rid of one of the guys at the top of the heap this year?
Me no. I never commented or cared about what the Cowboys did or other teams for that matter. I am glad that Kraft finally put Old Yeller out of his misery here and moved on. You're a Pats fan too, and watching possibly the greatest Dynasty ever turn into a dumpster fire was very painful to watch. Especially for season ticket holder friends that paid to see them go 1-8 at home last season, and couldn't even give away tickets last half part of season. I can't stand the Jets, and they scored a whopping 3 points against them and, same amount with the first loss to the Cowboys in a over a 1/4 of a century in a thrashing