• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the news broke about Maxwell resigning I was super happy. He's always been a great player in our defensive scheme but not so much anywhere else. I'm hoping for some big things out of him this season along with Thomas and Chancellor (if he can come back healthy of course)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is as classy as it gets... Here are his latest comments when asked about Sherman/Bennett's departures and the , "message being stale" comments from Sherman/Bennett...

Pete Carroll said:
“Regardless of what they say, I’m not gonna be that petty about it,” Carroll told Brock and Salk. “They’re battling in their own right right now and they’re trying to figure out how to make it come together in this new setting that they’re in, and it’s difficult on them. It’s a challenge for them too. They’re trying to find their way. As always, our kids make mistakes and they falter and they don’t quite pull it off like you like and then you guide them and you help them. Somewhere down the road everything will be fine. I’m not worried about it.”

Carroll didn’t let the players off the hook for why they felt things had grown stale with the Seahawks, however.

“They have a responsibility to stay fresh, as well. They have a responsibility to see it new. They have a responsibility to keep making this a challenge for themselves. … I’m a teacher, I gotta help these guys learn, I gotta do whatever it takes to get that done and get the communication right. So we’re constantly tweaking, we’re constantly evolving – they need to do the same. The freshness can come from both directions, or see you later. If it isn’t the right place, go. ‘You have to go? You’re out of here.’ That’s a point I don’t mind making – it was time for these guys to move on.

“… Competition never gets old. There’s no stale-ness in that.”

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm liking the refreshed feel of the team. Fewer loud personalities, more humility. Less politics, more football. Instead of cameras showing players protesting in the workplace, they'll be trained on an inspirational story that will uplift kids with disabilities everywhere. Instead of programming youngsters to think a certain way, they'll be shown they can overcome physical limitations and achieve their dreams. I'm in.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is as classy as it gets... Here are his latest comments when asked about Sherman/Bennett's departures and the , "message being stale" comments from Sherman/Bennett...

It's things like this that make me stand by him as our head coach. He's not gonna let what those 2 classless players say with their new teams get in the way of what our ultimate goal is.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm liking the refreshed feel of the team. Fewer loud personalities, more humility. Less politics, more football. Instead of cameras showing players protesting in the workplace, they'll be trained on an inspirational story that will uplift kids with disabilities everywhere. Instead of programming youngsters to think a certain way, they'll be shown they can overcome physical limitations and achieve their dreams. I'm in.

While we may miss guys like Sherman and Bennett on our defense, we'll have a much more positive vibe in the locker room and like I mentioned before in a different thread, it'll lead to more wins and hopefully another championship at season's end.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we may miss guys like Sherman and Bennett on our defense, we'll have a much more positive vibe in the locker room and like I mentioned before in a different thread, it'll lead to more wins and hopefully another championship at season's end.
I will absolutely miss what Sherm brought on gameday. I'll miss chearing for him. I would have been perfectly happy with having him back in '18, but probably not at the salary he was scheduled to make and he also would have needed to be on board with buying in again as this team is on the verge of turning over to a younger core. As it turned out, all parties may be better off the way it is now. The news of his release was a bummer moment though. Unlike Bennett, which I was quite happy when I heard he was gone.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will absolutely miss what Sherm brought on gameday. I'll miss chearing for him. I would have been perfectly happy with having him back in '18, but probably not at the salary he was scheduled to make and he also would have needed to be on board with buying in again as this team is on the verge of turning over to a younger core. As it turned out, all parties may be better off the way it is now. The news of his release was a bummer moment though. Unlike Bennett, which I was quite happy when I heard he was gone.

I like who we have in our secondary now behind Thomas Maxwell and hopefully Kam comes back healthy. The young guys we have should be just fine back there. We're gonna be using alot of mixed coverages amongst our front 7 to keep offenses at bay which will allow them to roam over the middle of the secondary.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like who we have in our secondary now behind Thomas Maxwell and hopefully Kam comes back healthy. The young guys we have should be just fine back there. We're gonna be using alot of mixed coverages amongst our front 7 to keep offenses at bay which will allow them to roam over the middle of the secondary.
I don't think we are in bad shape at all. Just hard to lose a HOF level player, though I suppose there's a chance Sherm has a tough time coming back from his Achilles tear. I think he'll be able to do it though. ET & McDougald is a good pair on the back end, and Griffin, Maxwell, and Coleman is a solid CB trio. Secondary will be fine. Youngsters behind them waiting for a chance to show what they can do.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are in bad shape at all. Just hard to lose a HOF level player, though I suppose there's a chance Sherm has a tough time coming back from his Achilles tear. I think he'll be able to do it though. ET & McDougald is a good pair on the back end, and Griffin, Maxwell, and Coleman is a solid CB trio. Secondary will be fine. Youngsters behind them waiting for a chance to show what they can do.

You're absolutely right. I can't wait until the regular season kicks off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a coach it is always tough to balance all the personalities in a locker room. Back in 2013 it worked well as the team was competing for Super Bowls and were that young and hungry group. They had an us against the world mentality. With big contracts and some things not breaking their way though those type of personalities can be hard to keep under control and not bring down the locker room. Sometimes it really is in the best interest of the team to get those voices out of the locker room before they really rub off on the young guys you are trying to develop.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a coach it is always tough to balance all the personalities in a locker room. Back in 2013 it worked well as the team was competing for Super Bowls and were that young and hungry group. They had an us against the world mentality. With big contracts and some things not breaking their way though those type of personalities can be hard to keep under control and not bring down the locker room. Sometimes it really is in the best interest of the team to get those voices out of the locker room before they really rub off on the young guys you are trying to develop.

And that's what was starting to happen. As much as it pains me to say it I'm glad Sherman and Bennett are gone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what was starting to happen. As much as it pains me to say it I'm glad Sherman and Bennett are gone.

This is the hard part in football in you need talented players but at the same time talent will only keep them on the team for so long. Talent wise I don't think this Seahawks team is as good as the last few years. A lot of young players would have to play out of their minds to be a better team. At the same time moving forward this could help them to now build the new young core of the team moving forward and try to compete for Super Bowls again.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the hard part in football in you need talented players but at the same time talent will only keep them on the team for so long. Talent wise I don't think this Seahawks team is as good as the last few years. A lot of young players would have to play out of their minds to be a better team. At the same time moving forward this could help them to now build the new young core of the team moving forward and try to compete for Super Bowls again.

I like the mix of veterans and new blood on the team. The veteran leadership in the locker room will certainly help out the younger guys on the roster.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide receiver Brandon Marshall is taking his first visit with a team since being released by the Giants last month.

Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com reports that Marshall is visiting with the Seahawks. Marshall was released by the Giants after one season with the team in a move that saved them over $5 million in cap space.

Marshall only played five games in his one year with the Giants as an ankle injury landed him on injured reserve. He caught 18 passes for 154 yards in those appearances. Marshall, who turned 34 in March, has 959 catches for 12,215 yards and 75 touchdowns for his career.

The Seahawks lost Paul Richardson in free agency this offseason, which leaves them with Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Jaron Brown, Marcus Johnson, Amara Darboh and Tanner McEvoy at wideout.

Me personally I think he'd be a great signing as long as it's a team-friendly deal for at least 1 year maybe 2 depending on how he plays.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is the big receiver that we really don't have, but I wonder what he has left. His 2015 season with the Jets was one of his best, but that's the only 1k yard season in the last 4. It's at least worth kicking the tires, and if we think he's able to produce anywhere near his career avg on a team-friendly deal then I would say the risk is pretty small. He was a bit of a dingaling earlier in his career, but I think he's matured since then.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide receiver Brandon Marshall is taking his first visit with a team since being released by the Giants last month.

Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com reports that Marshall is visiting with the Seahawks. Marshall was released by the Giants after one season with the team in a move that saved them over $5 million in cap space.

Marshall only played five games in his one year with the Giants as an ankle injury landed him on injured reserve. He caught 18 passes for 154 yards in those appearances. Marshall, who turned 34 in March, has 959 catches for 12,215 yards and 75 touchdowns for his career.

The Seahawks lost Paul Richardson in free agency this offseason, which leaves them with Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Jaron Brown, Marcus Johnson, Amara Darboh and Tanner McEvoy at wideout.

Me personally I think he'd be a great signing as long as it's a team-friendly deal for at least 1 year maybe 2 depending on how he plays.

I like his play on the field but i question about hus locker room presence.

I don't want a harvin situation

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his play on the field but i question about hus locker room presence.

I don't want a harvin situation

He seems to have matured over the past couple seasons. I say we at least bring him in for a season and see how he does.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always for competition, so bring him in and see what he's got left. Maybe he doesn’t bring more than Darboh and you just cut Marshall and move on. I don’t expect much if they bring him in, but he could still have something to give.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they 'bring him in.' I doubt it'll even be the football people evaluating him. it'll be the doctor(s) looking at his knee(s).