• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see Bryant in the AFC rather than somewhere like Green Bay or Arizona if the other teams in the NFC East don't want him.

Bryant doesn't scare me... I don't even think he's a top 15-20 WR... There are so many Wr's that I would rather have..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant doesn't scare me... I don't even think he's a top 15-20 WR... There are so many Wr's that I would rather have..

With a proper QB (Dak is a scrub) I absolutely think Dez is a top 10 WR. I'd be mortified if he goes to San Fran, Arizona, or LA. Ideally he'd come here but we have zero cap. When Bryant had a GOOD QB throwing to him (Romo) he was a top 5 WR.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a proper QB (Dak is a scrub) I absolutely think Dez is a top 10 WR. I'd be mortified if he goes to San Fran, Arizona, or LA. Ideally he'd come here but we have zero cap. When Bryant had a GOOD QB throwing to him (Romo) he was a top 5 WR.

He's going to be 30... He has lost a step... He's not what he once was...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think you're off a bit on Dez. He was good a few years ago, but that was a few years ago. He's also a complete hot-head. It seems like this organization is trying to unload the big, volatile personalities and not bring in more. I would love it if a division rival pays him handsomely.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the heels of moving on from 2 longtime core players, JS said during the pre-draft presser that they have "cleaned up" their draft prep process and now have fewer names on their board than in years past. Now, I know this is the lying season, and they have to get up there and say something, but putting that stuff aside for a moment, I think the translation of this is they plan to stay away from prospects with questionable intangibles and look at higher character guys instead.

With a franchise QB just getting into his prime, it makes a lot of sense to me to make some "safer" picks and fewer home run swings. Going for guys with that big ceiling was great when we didn't have a franchise QB, and that approach netted us RW as well as some other players who are borderline+ HOFers, but it also comes with substantial risk. And now that we have that QB to build around, we are probably a couple years overdue on going for the higher percentage shot in the draft to keep the supporting cast stable around Russell, even if that brings in guys with a perceived lower ceiling. I think we need to make fewer gambles so we don't end up with an OL situation that we've had since SB49. Seems like we have made an art form of squandering our 1st round pick, and from each of the past few drafts we are averaging only about 1-2 players who really amount to much; the '13 class is all gone now that Luke W left, '14 is just Britt, '15 is Frank Clark and Lockett (not bad but after that zero), '16 is a flop outside of Jarran Reed, and the jury is out on '17 (though it looks like it could be the best class since '12). I believe they actually started moving to a higher character approach last year, outside of the Malik McDowell gamble that obviously didn't pay off.

I'll admit some of this could very well be confirmation bias, but I think we would be a lot better off right now on the OL had we taken a safer approach there going 3+ years back, as opposed to reaching on Carpenter & Ifedi and trying to convert D-linemen, TEs, and power forwards into starting OL. I know the reason we heard was that college just isn't producing good OL talent any longer, but I don't buy it. Other teams seem to be figuring it out, while we've been focusing on what the draft wasn't giving us vs what it was. Too many swings for the fences with too many whiffs. I welcome more of a Ruskell-like approach to drafting, even though he was certainly a failure as a GM.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the heels of moving on from 2 longtime core players, JS said during the pre-draft presser that they have "cleaned up" their draft prep process and now have fewer names on their board than in years past. Now, I know this is the lying season, and they have to get up there and say something, but putting that stuff aside for a moment, I think the translation of this is they plan to stay away from prospects with questionable intangibles and look at higher character guys instead.
It's only 1 pick, but taking Rashaad Penny firms up the above for me. Penny is an uber-productive, high character prospect. No questions at all about his character or durability. Guice, Chubb, and Michel all have knee issues to varying degrees. Guice is a character concern. If those 3 were pulled down or taken off our "cleaned up" draft board, then it makes complete sense that Penny was the pick if we were looking RB anywhere in the first 3 rounds.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only 1 pick, but taking Rashaad Penny firms up the above for me. Penny is an uber-productive, high character prospect. No questions at all about his character or durability. Guice, Chubb, and Michel all have knee issues to varying degrees. Guice is a character concern. If those 3 were pulled down or taken off our "cleaned up" draft board, then it makes complete sense that Penny was the pick if we were looking RB anywhere in the first 3 rounds.

Completely agree... I was not big on Guice like others for the reason you mentioned... Penny is the sure thing after Barkley, imo...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree... I was not big on Guice like others for the reason you mentioned... Penny is the sure thing after Barkley, imo...
I cannot say much about Guice -- never really heard of him (just because I don't watch tons of CFB) until the chatter started up in here. The more I read and see of Penny, the less question marks I have about the pick. I got a good view of him in the Armed Services Bowl as well when he trampled my alma mater (but we still won!).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, down in the desert, the Cards not only dished out big bucks for brittle Bradford, but they also traded up last night for Jay Cutler 2.0. The only thing that could make it better is if they sign Dez for $15M a year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad Max returns again!

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, down in the desert, the Cards not only dished out big bucks for brittle Bradford, but they also traded up last night for Jay Cutler 2.0. The only thing that could make it better is if they sign Dez for $15M a year.

No idea if Rosen succeeds or not, but I was hoping the Cards would end up with Allen. That guy looks like the top candidate for bustville in this draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea if Rosen succeeds or not, but I was hoping the Cards would end up with Allen. That guy looks like the top candidate for bustville in this draft.
If history is a good predictor of how this QB class works out, then 2 of the top 4 will be flaming busts whose investment will set their franchise back 3-5 years. 1 will be Trent Dilfer. 1 will be a pro bowl level player.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If history is a good predictor of how this QB class works out, then 2 of the top 4 will be flaming busts whose investment will set their franchise back 3-5 years. 1 will be Trent Dilfer. 1 will be a pro bowl level player.

And i think bust will be Rosen. He seems all about one person and that is Josh Rosen.

Fighting with coaches( I think i heard that implied in the NFL network draft coverage) and saying that there were 9 mistake picks......

If u were a opposing gm. Id say this guy has alot of red flags

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i think bust will be Rosen. He seems all about one person and that is Josh Rosen.

Fighting with coaches( I think i heard that implied in the NFL network draft coverage) and saying that there were 9 mistake picks......

If u were a opposing gm. Id say this guy has alot of red flags

You can't hold the 9 mistake picks against him. Many prospects say that. Peyton Manning told Bill Polian before the draft that if the Colts passed on him he'd come back and kick their asses every year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is an arrogant punk, i heard on kjr that he literally has no friends and i cant say it surprises me. He could crash and burn like ryan leif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is an arrogant punk, i heard on kjr that he literally has no friends and i cant say it surprises me. He could crash and burn like ryan leif

Can someone check the temperature in hell.

Me and Snuggy agree on something

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't hold the 9 mistake picks against him. Many prospects say that. Peyton Manning told Bill Polian before the draft that if the Colts passed on him he'd come back and kick their asses every year.
Now it's only down to 3 teams making a mistake, according to his latest statements. He just needs to stop talking because he isn't making it better by clarification. The first rule when you've dug yourself into a hole is to stop digging.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since when do arrogant punk athletes not have friends?

Stop the world, I want to get off.