• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Sebastian Janikowski as apparently our new kicker... wasn't he out of football last year?

Ugh, we should've just resigned Hauschka. Walsh literally cost us a playoff spot (IMO) last year. We definitely lost against the Skins because of kicking and I think we could've snagged another one with someone more competent. Janikowski is 40, hopefully he still has something left in the tank.

Regardless, not re-signing Hauschka was IMO one of the bigger blunders from this FO/staff.
But let's not forget what choker Haush was his last year here. He missed the chip shot against AZ in OT and then also missed the XP against AZ at home that would have put us ahead at the end of the game. We would have had a 1st round bye with those 2 wins. He missed like 6 or 7 XPs that year, most in the entire NFL. He also wanted more money than we were willing to spend, especially for a guy coming off a season that wasn't very good. Bringing him back would have been not much different than re-signing Blair Walsh now but for more money. How awesome would that be?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jano signing. He's 40 and all, but I don't think that means much for a kicker. Plenty of guys kept kicking in the NFL up to nearly 50, and doing it well. Look at Vinatieri.

I guess there will be some sort of competition with the guy we signed from Jax a couple months back, but I would be surprised if Seabass doesn't come out on top.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jano signing. He's 40 and all, but I don't think that means much for a kicker. Plenty of guys kept kicking in the NFL up to nearly 50, and doing it well. Look at Vinatieri.

I guess there will be some sort of competition with the guy we signed from Jax a couple months back, but I would be surprised if Seabass doesn't come out on top.
Yeah I'm hopeful it works out. He is old, but like you said kickers can play for much longer then other positions.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm hopeful it works out. He is old, but like you said kickers can play for much longer then other positions.
His career stats don't really blow you away -- only an 80% guy -- but I think some of that is they let him kick a lot of long attempts that most teams usually don't try. He's also only missed 6 XPs in his whole career, which I believe Haush matched in just one season here. Kicking off a crappy surface in Oakland could have been a factor as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this but i take a K in UDFA or 5th-7th

With the limited draft picks we have available this year? I don't want to use on a kicker personally... UDFA? Certainly...

SJ is who I wanted in FA when the season ended so I'm glad we signed him... He still has a strong leg and is a consistent kicker... Definitely an upgrade over what we had...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Seabass in a wheelchair over walsh any day of the week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems very interested in staying in the NFC East at the moment. If he's pissed about getting released and wants to stick it to Jones for years, there's no better way of doing that than going to a division rival.

Sounds like no one in the NFCE wants Dez. He'll have to look elsewhere.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see Bryant in the AFC rather than somewhere like Green Bay or Arizona if the other teams in the NFC East don't want him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see Bryant in the AFC rather than somewhere like Green Bay or Arizona if the other teams in the NFC East don't want him.
I guess I have a different idea. I would love to see him in Arizona or SF, making $15M a year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I have a different idea. I would love to see him in Arizona or SF, making $15M a year.

He's talented to be a good #1 receiver in the league and he would presumably have one of the best receivers to ever play the position at his disposal if he went to Arizona. This could very well be Fitzgerald's last season in the NFL, but I don't doubt that he'll make himself available to the Cardinals organization in an advisory/mentoring role if asked. I don't care how much money they could pay Bryant, I don't want him in the division learning from one of the best for the foreseeable future.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talented to be a good #1 receiver in the league and he would presumably have one of the best receivers to ever play the position at his disposal if he went to Arizona. This could very well be Fitzgerald's last season in the NFL, but I don't doubt that he'll make himself available to the Cardinals organization in an advisory/mentoring role if asked. I don't care how much money they could pay Bryant, I don't want him in the division learning from one of the best for the foreseeable future.
Fitz may be good for Dez, but my angle on it is: I think Dez is a cancer and not as good as he used to be. For that, I would love to see a div rival overpay to bring him in.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Seabass is old as shit and coming off an injury. He's also kicked in Oakland his entire career and is going to be dealing with more weather related issues in Seattle. Gotta see what he's got let before I judge too much I guess, but I hope they bring another guy in to compete with him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Seabass is old as shit and coming off an injury. He's also kicked in Oakland his entire career and is going to be dealing with more weather related issues in Seattle. Gotta see what he's got let before I judge too much I guess, but I hope they bring another guy in to compete with him.
I don't think he's one of the 3 oldest kickers in the NFL. Matt Bryant, Adam Vinatieri, and Phil Dawson are all older. They're all pretty, good too. I think the only downside of an older kicker is possibly kickoff distance, but I'm not sure that's a problem for the Polish Cannon.

Josh Myers was already signed a couple months ago, so there's the "competition."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's one of the 3 oldest kickers in the NFL. Matt Bryant, Adam Vinatieri, and Phil Dawson are all older. They're all pretty, good too. I think the only downside of an older kicker is possibly kickoff distance, but I'm not sure that's a problem for the Polish Cannon.

Josh Myers was already signed a couple months ago, so there's the "competition."

True, completely forgot about Myers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you don't know a deal is going to happen until just before it happens, but only a handful of days until round 1 and apparently not a lot of movement on potential ET trade talk. Then you have JS's comments from the other day at his annual fundraiser (about ET's agent telling him there is no intent to hold out), and it may be starting to look like he'll be on the team in '18. Which I'm fine with. Between trading him, re-signing him, and letting him play it out (and maybe walk but a comp pick coming our way), the only way I think we lose is if we trade him off for peanuts, which I cannot see happening. Outside of that, I think we win all the way around.