• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

screw you Tucson ASU on the rise!

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASPOO coach Todd Graham predicting a victory over UCLA the other day.

In other news, ASPOO fans even more sure Taylor Kelly will be a "Devil for Life".

suck the johnson, Johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fork's on his game with these comebacks, I'll tell you what! :L

He's an absolute embarrassment to all true ASU fans out there. His comments are straight up childish and without thought. Way to represent Asu there Spork! :lol:

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you understood, so I will break it down for you:

ASU is still behind AZ in the rankings. So even with your dramatic improvements and high-flying abilities, you are still not ranked above AZ. So you want credit for that? You guys talk so much shit about how ASU is better than AZ, but you're not. So then you boast that you are in the top 5 of "up-and-coming", but again, you are still behind AZ. Ultimately, go tell your story to the schools that you leapfrogged, because YOU ARE STILL BEHIND US IN RANKINGS.

All I heard was "Hey, we still fucking suck, but we used to suck a lot more than we do now. Now, we don't suck as much, but we still are not as good as you."

And we're supposed to give you credit for that? Well fucking bravo for not sucking as much as you did, even though you still are behind AZ. Maybe now you won't misspell the fucking billboards you put up saying how awesome your school is. :noidea:
read the article, we are ahead of uofa dumbass

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, you really do need a breakdown.

Last one, for the challenged one.

Alright man, listen. These rankings are based on "up and coming". The way it's measured is to take current ranking from the year prior and subtract current rankings. The difference is tallied and the schools are ranked by the difference. It's essentially a "most improved" ranking.

Example, if San Jose State (let's say) was ranked #220, and now they are #200, that is a improvement of 20 spots. If no other school has risen up the rankings by more that 20 spots, then SJS is the most up and coming school. Got it?

ASU has had the second most improvement in their university ranking, next to Cent Fl. But even from where they were in the rankings to where they are this year, it still doesn't put them above AZ. U of A is ranked #121 and ASU is #129. It's really close. BUT THAT IS BECAUSE OF THE IMPROVEMENT IN ASU'S RANKING. They were much further back (enough for them to have improved enough to be #2 on the up and coming rankings). But even with all of the "up and coming" improvements, they are still ranked behind AZ.

I don't know how else to explain this. Even with the rise in the rankings ASU is still behind AZ overall. Overall, AZ is the better school. It took the second best improvements of any school in the country, for ASU to even get to within 8 spots of AZ. You see? Good job on the "up and coming", ASU is still behind AZ in the rankings of Best Universities in the US. AZ>ASU

rover

a player not restricted to a particular position
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ever-tried-ever-failed-no-matter-try-again-fail-again-fail-better.jpg

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you really do need a breakdown.

Last one, for the challenged one.

Alright man, listen. These rankings are based on "up and coming". The way it's measured is to take current ranking from the year prior and subtract current rankings. The difference is tallied and the schools are ranked by the difference. It's essentially a "most improved" ranking.

Example, if San Jose State (let's say) was ranked #220, and now they are #200, that is a improvement of 20 spots. If no other school has risen up the rankings by more that 20 spots, then SJS is the most up and coming school. Got it?

ASU has had the second most improvement in their university ranking, next to Cent Fl. But even from where they were in the rankings to where they are this year, it still doesn't put them above AZ. U of A is ranked #121 and ASU is #129. It's really close. BUT THAT IS BECAUSE OF THE IMPROVEMENT IN ASU'S RANKING. They were much further back (enough for them to have improved enough to be #2 on the up and coming rankings). But even with all of the "up and coming" improvements, they are still ranked behind AZ.

I don't know how else to explain this. Even with the rise in the rankings ASU is still behind AZ overall. Overall, AZ is the better school. It took the second best improvements of any school in the country, for ASU to even get to within 8 spots of AZ. You see? Good job on the "up and coming", ASU is still behind AZ in the rankings of Best Universities in the US. AZ>ASU

ASU > UOF eh'

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU exposed even earlier than last year. Wow, what an embarrassment. For a team that said words like "National Championship" and "Rose Bowl" with a straight face, that was quite a showing getting pasted by 35.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU exposed even earlier than last year. Wow, what an embarrassment. For a team that said words like "National Championship" and "Rose Bowl" with a straight face, that was quite a showing getting pasted by 35.

Remember when Spork Devil was in here bragging about being a pre-season top 25??? And how much relevance it would have? Hahaha back down to reality Sporky

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Spork Devil was in here bragging about being a pre-season top 25??? And how much relevance it would have? Hahaha back down to reality Sporky

We are coming to Tucson to bus stomp you bitches-Again.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will mean even more with ASU's Rose Bowl and National Championship hopes on the line. Oh wait.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will mean even more with ASU's Rose Bowl and National Championship hopes on the line. Oh wait.

At least we have smelt roses TWICE:lol:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how ASU had "higher aspirations" than just beating U of A. Now all we hear about is how they are going to stomp us.

In one big way, Arizona has already won. ASPoo cannot achieve a bigger signature win than beating the #2 ranked team in the Nation (on the road, no less). The only way would be if U of A was ranked there when they played. What a conflict!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how ASU had "higher aspirations" than just beating U of A. Now all we hear about is how they are going to stomp us.

In one big way, Arizona has already won. ASPoo cannot achieve a bigger signature win than beating the #2 ranked team in the Nation (on the road, no less). The only way would be if U of A was ranked there when they played. What a conflict!

Right??? All this talk about how ASU was ranked preseason and AZ barely receiving votes. How's it looking now? Oops, looks like AZ will be ranked higher than ASU for sure. And ASU is still staring down the barrel at SC and Stanford. How are we ranked above a football school????????????????

Hahahahaha, talking all that shit!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I hear "Yes, U of A has the better basketball program, but ASU has the better football program" I'm like huh???

While I admit it's up for debate in the recent past, such statements are delusional. U of A still owns overall Territorial Cup record (ASPoo students will try to minimize this, but then talk about what a big game it will be this season and be the basis of all their remaining trash talk).

What ASPoo will have to realize is that U of A just owns you. Period.