• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban proposes 14 new rules for college football

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama posters are leading Husker fans 5-2 in my ignore list!

462a80631d1a3c09aad24302ce38b781b95e01b41094c5eda434fb16498dd611.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not what I want to believe. Its just what makes the most sense.

Sure it does. I mean obviously a coach and team that has lost a total of 4 games in the past 4 years and 50% of the national championships since the rule changed that allows the current form needs such things.

Hell, without it, we might become like....Ohio St.

:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only to someone that wants to see it that way. I agreed with his assertion its hard for the refs to be in the right place if the offense is trying to lineup quickly. Now they can use an eighth ref, which is good. I see his points on number of plays and an obvious possible correlation to more injuries being possible. I alsos agree with his " speed of the game" comments, but I also dont like the huhn offense, doesnt mean I am scared of it. See its not the only motive that makes sense if you turn off the bias or hate blinders and look objectively.

I said its the motive that makes the most sense.

Has nothing to do with bias or hate.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban comes across like a whiny bitch. And most Bama fans and SEC :nutswing:understood when Stoops said the SEC is "overrated" that it was his opinion and was entitled to it.. Amiright?

Basically what your saying is Saban can have an opinion and not get blasted for how retarded it is but Stoops is an idiot for being 100% correct last year with his opinion. I get it now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban comes across like a whiny bitch. And most Bama fans and SEC :nutswing:understood when Stoops said the SEC is "overrated" that it was his opinion and was entitled to it.. Amiright?

Basically what your saying is Saban can have an opinion and not get blasted for how retarded it is but Stoops is an idiot for being 100% correct last year with his opinion. I get it now.

You won a game, and that somehow means Stoops was right?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got it!:10:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he was right that Missouri and A&M didn't miss a beat in the SEC

Missouri plays in the East, which was way down more than usual last year. Even when they are up, they've been considered well below the west.

A&M beat Alabama in 2012 and that is about it. Same year they destroyed Oklahoma in the bowl game. They still lost to LSU and Florida in 2012, and last year finished 4th in the west.

:noidea:

And I think the SEC as a whole was way down last year. Not near as good as it has been in previous years.

I like Oklahoma and they are a great team. But Stoops was just trying to gain a little respect for the Big12. Oklahoma beating Alabama went much further for gaining that respect than A&M and Missouri has IMO.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said its the motive that makes the most sense.

Has nothing to do with bias or hate.

It does if that is all you see as motive. I named you several reasons(all stated by Saban himself) but yet all YOU want to see is what best suits your argument, this lends itself to bias or hate. We as objective people cannot help that you cannot see the forest for the trees, but we read what the man said and thats what is being touted as his motives.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my fellow Bama fans. We know that Bama has been the dominant team the last five years. Obviously there is a lot of envy going on from other teams' fans. IMO, there is no need to argue with them in every aspect as to what Saban, or Bama decides to do. We'll never win the argument, so, why not laugh with them, with the knowledge that we ARE the dominate team, no matter what they say, or think. Whether this rule is implemented or not, Bama will be in contention for the championship, for years to come.

Let the wins and championships speak for themselves. Roll Tide!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, is Saban really doing this for safety??

He doesn't give a shit about that, it's about himself. I mean what do you people expect. I don't care, but he won't win with this rule proposal, but all he can do is try right??

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane, as a Bama fan, I'll try to give you my take.

It is common sense that more plays equals more opportunities to get hurt.

This was a year when rule changes had to be about player safety.

With that said, yes, I believe Saban had ulterior motives, designed to favor his style of play. When he first started talking about it, he questioned whether this was where we want college football to migrate to, or not.

You can bet your last dollar, that he is developing a defense to slow this style of play down.

A good coach will do everything in their power to win games, including possible rule changes to attain that goal. I commend Saban for that.

You can call it whining if you want. I consider it to be an open discussion of whether we the fans, players, and coaches, want an "arena football", or "old school football" approach to the game.

I could really care less, as I know whichever way it goes, my team will be in the mix.

Roll MF Tide!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri plays in the East, which was way down more than usual last year. Even when they are up, they've been considered well below the west.

A&M beat Alabama in 2012 and that is about it. Same year they destroyed Oklahoma in the bowl game. They still lost to LSU and Florida in 2012, and last year finished 4th in the west.

:noidea:

And I think the SEC as a whole was way down last year. Not near as good as it has been in previous years.

I like Oklahoma and they are a great team. But Stoops was just trying to gain a little respect for the Big12. Oklahoma beating Alabama went much further for gaining that respect than A&M and Missouri has IMO.

I hear what your saying and I agree the SEC was down last year but the aggies and tigers were avg Big 12 teams and went to another conference and did better than 99.9% people thought they would. That's what Stoops was saying and he got blasted for it. Thank god the Sooners beat Bam or he would've taken a shit ton of grief for stating his opinion. Now Nick states his opinion and time will tell if he can beat up tempo teams with size over speed. I just don't buy the safety BS because you ask any doctor what's safer for a 20 yr old kid to be 295lbs or 350lbs I think they'll say the lighter weight is "safer"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what your saying and I agree the SEC was down last year but the aggies and tigers were avg Big 12 teams and went to another conference and did better than 99.9% people thought they would. That's what Stoops was saying and he got blasted for it. Thank god the Sooners beat Bam or he would've taken a shit ton of grief for stating his opinion. Now Nick states his opinion and time will tell if he can beat up tempo teams with size over speed. I just don't buy the safety BS because you ask any doctor what's safer for a 20 yr old kid to be 295lbs or 350lbs I think they'll say the lighter weight is "safer"

We've beaten up tempo teams already. Shut out Ole Miss last year for example. We've had 4 losses in the past 4 years. (final rankings) #2 LSU, #5 Texas A&M, #2 Auburn and #6 Oklahoma. When you are playing that level of competition, losses are going to happen. But it does seem like we need to get better against spread teams.

Personally I don't think people have a problem with the hurry up or no huddle part. It's the not allowing the defense a chance to substitute that is the real issue. I'd been in favor of a rule change in the opposite direction - taking the play clock down to 10 seconds as soon as the offense lines up to force them to go into actual hurry up when they no huddle. I get annoyed when I see a team go to the line, then take 20+ seconds to call a play because the entire team is looking at the sideline like cats chasing a red laser light.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, is Saban really doing this for safety??

He doesn't give a shit about that, it's about himself. I mean what do you people expect. I don't care, but he won't win with this rule proposal, but all he can do is try right??

One person knows but we have hundreds of exerts and psychics on this thread! You appear to be one of them. :whistle:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've beaten up tempo teams already. Shut out Ole Miss last year for example. We've had 4 losses in the past 4 years. (final rankings) #2 LSU, #5 Texas A&M, #2 Auburn and #6 Oklahoma. When you are playing that level of competition, losses are going to happen. But it does seem like we need to get better against spread teams.

Personally I don't think people have a problem with the hurry up or no huddle part. It's the not allowing the defense a chance to substitute that is the real issue. I'd been in favor of a rule change in the opposite direction - taking the play clock down to 10 seconds as soon as the offense lines up to force them to go into actual hurry up when they no huddle. I get annoyed when I see a team go to the line, then take 20+ seconds to call a play because the entire team is looking at the sideline like cats chasing a red laser light.

While that can be annoying it is also legal, hell teams line up all the time on 4th down and sometimes just stand there to get a penalty for better kicking advantage, or they'll get to the line and shift around, call a fake count or whatever trying to draw the defense offside to pick up a cheap first down. But without a huddle or substitution it is the only way to get the play in from the OC, of course they could go "old school" and let the QB call the plays again. Nah, that'll never happen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person knows but we have hundreds of exerts and psychics on this thread! You appear to be one of them. :whistle:

Do you ever post something other than catty deflection?