• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1 - Boston vs. Toronto

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hell.

They should have ended it Tonight!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Game 6 be postponed due to the incident today?

I tend to say no, but 9 people are dead.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was wondering the same thing - I think you still go ahead as scheduled and play tonight knowing that there will be people out there critical of the game not being postponed. If you do postpone it 24 hours, there will be people unhappy with that decision as well. It's a terrible thing that happened earlier today in Toronto and I'm sure security will be in full force at the ACC and at Maple Leaf Square.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job by whomever is responsible for the Bruins twitter account:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TORONTO — Roads are closed around the Air Canada Centre and there will be more security inside the arena for Monday’s NHL playoff game between the Maple Leafs and Bruins in response to a deadly incident involving a van and pedestrians in north Toronto.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment issued a release announcing the additional security measures hours after a van mounted a sidewalk and struck multiple people on a busy stretch of Yonge Street between Finch Avenue and Sheppard Avenue. Police say nine people died and 16 others were sent to hospital.

MLSE did not provide details on what the extra security inside the arena entailed.

Some 90 minutes before the opening faceoff, there was a heavy police presence around the rink and concrete slabs had been placed at a major intersection to block access to the sidewalk.

Fans attending games at the arena are already required to pass through a metal detector before games, and bags allowed into ACC can be no larger than 14-by-14-by-6 inches, smaller than an average backpack.

In addition to those watching the game inside the arena, a sizable crowd is expected to assemble outside in Maple Leaf Square.

The release did not say if the same measures will be in place for Wednesday’s NBA playoff game between the Toronto Raptors and the Washington Wizards.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families after this horrible incident. Canada stood by us here in Boston and we stand by Canada today, tomorrow, whenever you need us. :pray:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston should do the klassie thang and put Toronto over tonight

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. Let's assume it was a terrorist & not some tweaked out fool. By cancelling you're giving terrorists what they want most, instilling terror and altering normal behavior of folks. That just incites other a$$hats to do the same thing.