• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Role in Seattle for Gus Bradley?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when it's Bradley/Quinn/Richard football is the one sport where coaching makes a huge difference and the success of the defense is because the DC coached the talent up.

But, when it's Bevell our offense is only successful because Wilson has risen above the horrible coaching and made our offense successful.

So which is it? Was our defense #1 and offense #4 last because the coaches made a huge difference, or was our our defense #1 and offense #4 because the coaches suck and the players did it all on their own?

Youre a fool if you dont see wilson is a top 5 qb, the shame is our offense could be so much better with a pro caliber oc.

Go back and watch games turdvaris started. Bevell makes the dame mistakes he does today. Terrible on 3rd down, terrible in the redzone, and no ability to come from behind.

Take wilson out of this offense and its not even close.

And richard IS better than bradley, however the TE issues we had i put squarely on him. It was never that bad in years past.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it's just a matter of time before the Jags walk Gus out into the back field and make him dig his own grave. Ok, the Goodfellas reference may be a bit much... but, would the team want to create a position for Gus on staff if and when he gets fired? Or would that potentially cause too many problems with Kris Richards being the guy?

Kris Richard may very well be landing a head coaching job after this season depending on how the year progresses, and as a result there may be a spot in Seattle for Gus Bradley.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically our D was good, but under bradley we had bad 3rd down D and rarely got pressure on the QB. It changed when he left.
Because Bennett and Avril showed up. Ya think they might have helped? LOL.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre a fool if you dont see wilson is a top 5 qb, the shame is our offense could be so much better with a pro caliber oc.

Go back and watch games turdvaris started. Bevell makes the dame mistakes he does today. Terrible on 3rd down, terrible in the redzone, and no ability to come from behind.

Take wilson out of this offense and its not even close.

And richard IS better than bradley, however the TE issues we had i put squarely on him. It was never that bad in years past.

Well, at least you're consistently inconsistent.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Bennett and Avril showed up. Ya think they might have helped? LOL.

Nary a negative word for any seahawk past or present. Just admit it, bradley wasnt a good dc and has proven to be an even worse hc.

Dont want him near this team

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nary a negative word for any seahawk past or present. Just admit it, bradley wasnt a good dc and has proven to be an even worse hc.

Dont want him near this team
Ok, so it sounds like you disagree that Quinn had a huge advantage over Bradley due to adding MB and CA to the roster. I disagree completely.

I am a hard core fan so it is hard for me to get negative. I do get disappointed but I don't demand firings and decapitations. People that matter in that capacity make those decisions. Not us fans so calling out for a firing is a waste of time.
Do you really think I am happy with Sowell and Webb as starters on the OL. Hell no, but that is the hand we are dealt with.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so it sounds like you disagree that Quinn had a huge advantage over Bradley due to adding MB and CA to the roster. I disagree completely.

I am a hard core fan so it is hard for me to get negative. I do get disappointed but I don't demand firings and decapitations. People that matter in that capacity make those decisions. Not us fans so calling out for a firing is a waste of time.
Do you really think I am happy with Sowell and Webb as starters on the OL. Hell no, but that is the hand we are dealt with.

Pfft. If you're not baying at the moon, you're part of the problem man!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Bradley's 3 years as defensive coordinator under Carroll, the Seahawks were 27th, 9th and 4th in yards allowed per game. In that same span, the Seahawks were 25th, 7th, and 1st in points allowed per game. That first year was all about implementing Carroll's defensive philosophy and was a transitional year from a personnel standpoint. By the second year, Carroll's philosophy had been firmly established and there weren't many holdovers left from the Holmgren/Ruskell era. The 2012 season had its flaws (very little depth in the pass rushing department, as we've discussed), but it was a sign of what this defense, with Bradley at the helm, was capable of. I don't know what Bradley would have done with a full complement of pass rushers, but I can't imagine he'd have done any worse than he did when all he had was Clemons and an inconsistent rookie in Irvin rushing the passer.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said our numbers werent good defensively under bradley, they obviously were.

people seem to forget the huge problems we had in 2012, namely HORRIBLE third down D especially on 3rd and long. and the other problem, epidemic defensive collapses in many games INCLUDING the divisional playoff game that we lost with 30 seconds to go.

I also am a die hard fan, have not missed a home game in near 20 years. that gives me the right to complain when i can see plain as day there are problems that arent being attended to.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also am a die hard fan, have not missed a home game in near 20 years. that gives me the right to complain when i can see plain as day there are problems that arent being attended to.

No-one is saying you don't have the right to complain. We're just disagreeing with some of your conclusions.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said our numbers werent good defensively under bradley, they obviously were.

people seem to forget the huge problems we had in 2012, namely HORRIBLE third down D especially on 3rd and long. and the other problem, epidemic defensive collapses in many games INCLUDING the divisional playoff game that we lost with 30 seconds to go.

This game is the game that highlights what people have been saying about personnel. We had two pass rushers that year: Clemons and Irvin. Both guys were good, but Irvin was an inconsistent rookie and he was the last man standing once Clemons got hurt. Do you think Atlanta would have been able to get the ball down the field like they did on their last drive of that game if they had more than one pass rusher to contend with? It's no coincidence that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl the following year after reinforcing their pass rush.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting my answer simply:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've given this some thought and I think Bradley will probably be fired by mid season if Jax continues to struggle. So on that note if it happens, I would bring him back and put him in the office and help out the scouting department on the defensive side of the ball. Never hurts to have an extra pair of eyes and opinion on judging talent.