• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots To Release Alfonzo Dennard

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its accurate:

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations (washingtonpost.com)

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.
On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's Management Council in January 2003, the league announced.

:lol:

I'm not saying they are innocent in the situation. What most people think actually happened is well just not true. They didn't actually try to get around the Cap. They still paid full cap money just like every other team in the league. The issue was they did not pay it on time. The owner was strapped for cash so some of the big bonus money was paid a few months later instead of at the time it was due.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they are innocent in the situation. What most people think actually happened is well just not true. They didn't actually try to get around the Cap. They still paid full cap money just like every other team in the league. The issue was they did not pay it on time. The owner was strapped for cash so some of the big bonus money was paid a few months later instead of at the time it was due.
intentional or not, they circumvented the cap, were fined nearly 2 million and lost multiple picks in multiple drafts...on 2 combined occasions!

no elway

no TD

no rings

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually....it's FOUR Super Bowls. They beat the Rams, Eagles, Panthers and then Seahawks this year.

easy easy, this is the same guy who still claims Carroll has two Super Bowl wins

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
intentional or not, they circumvented the cap, were fined nearly 2 million and lost multiple picks in multiple drafts...on 2 combined occasions!

no elway

no TD

no rings

No video no rings...We could go at this all day of whose cheating was worse. I have no problem admitting that my team played some in the gray area to help win the Super Bowls. Our owner isn't the richest guy so yes at that time after helping pay for a new stadium he was struggling to pay all the salaries. He delayed payment while he was waiting for some money to come in. If he was Kraft with all his money it isn't even an issue. He delayed some game checks. It didn't give his team any kind of advantage.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No video no rings...We could go at this all day of whose cheating was worse. I have no problem admitting that my team played some in the gray area to help win the Super Bowls. Our owner isn't the richest guy so yes at that time after helping pay for a new stadium he was struggling to pay all the salaries. He delayed payment while he was waiting for some money to come in. If he was Kraft with all his money it isn't even an issue. He delayed some game checks. It didn't give his team any kind of advantage.
did they use video in february?

so, we CANT go at this "all day" it seems.

suck it 4 times :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they use video in february?

so, we CANT go at this "all day" it seems.

suck it 4 times :)

I'm starting to think you are a 15 year old kid. I coach high school golf and this is about the behavior I would expect from those kids. And yeah can't do this all day as I have a job I have to actually do. Providing for my family is a little more important than arguing with a kid whose balls have yet to drop.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think you are a 15 year old kid. I coach high school golf and this is about the behavior I would expect from those kids. And yeah can't do this all day as I have a job I have to actually do. Providing for my family is a little more important than arguing with a kid whose balls have yet to drop.
so, they DIDNT use video in feb for their 4th SB since 2001?

gotcha.

and im sorry you coach highschool golf.

im a 39 year old mechanical engineer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, they DIDNT use video in feb for their 4th SB since 2001?

gotcha.

and im sorry you coach highschool golf.

I have no clue if they used video or not. It does seem though that every Super Bowl they win seems to have controversy around it such as deflategate going on right now. The old if you aint cheatin you aint winnin saying comes to mind here.

And while yes the coaching has its ups and downs it is a nice excuse to get out of the office and go play a round of golf for free.

I guess you are just a child at heart then.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue if they used video or not. It does seem though that every Super Bowl they win seems to have controversy around it such as deflategate going on right now. The old if you aint cheatin you aint winnin saying comes to mind here.

And while yes the coaching has its ups and downs it is a nice excuse to get out of the office and go play a round of golf for free.

I guess you are just a child at heart then.
hey, if i could get paid to play golf i would.

i just laugh at the knee jerk "cheaters!" cries when other teams (hi denver!) have done as much or more.

shit, people forget the jets did the same thing to NE (filming signals from an illegal location) twice that same season!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sound less mature than this 29 year old mechanical engineer, though, given our profession that is not surprising.

Carry on Strongo; we all need our daily pats news. I am excited to hear which scrub gets cut next.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, if i could get paid to play golf i would.

i just laugh at the knee jerk "cheaters!" cries when other teams (hi denver!) have done as much or more.

shit, people forget the jets did the same thing to NE (filming signals from an illegal location) twice that same season!

When did I say anything about another team cheating? Your jumping down my throat on something that I never said. I understand that in this league every team is looking for that leg up. To think your team isn't doing something in the gray area is just nonsense. Throw in every team at some point or another has had a player using PED's so again no team is innocent in the league these days.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound less mature than this 29 year old mechanical engineer, though, given our profession that is not surprising.

Carry on Strongo; we all need our daily pats news. I am excited to hear which scrub gets cut next.
im in medical devices, what are you in?

i will give you broncos updates if youd like. have they done anything noteworthy since 1998?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it is definitely fun to get paid to golf. Plus our golf course has a deal set up that I can come play even outside of practice for free as they view it as me working on my coaching skills. So essentially I get free golf almost the entire year plus then get paid by the school. Really not a bad gig at all. Only issue is having to put up with some immature high schoolers that think going and riding the llamas in the pasture next to the golf course seems like a good idea and the farmer not quite thinking it as funny as the kids.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sheesh...A Patriots fan getting after another team for cheating allegations is ridiculous. First off research that whole thing and then get back to me. Don't just spew nonsense on something you have no clue on.
see above @cdumler7

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in medical devices, what are you in?

i will give you broncos updates if youd like. have they done anything noteworthy since 1998?

Lots of division titles, AFC Champions, HOF players inducted, some of the most playoff appearances of any team in the league. They have done plenty. Only thing they have been missing as of late is the Super Bowl Title.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
View attachment 15251
upload_2015-5-5_18-33-33-jpeg.15251

Bet that thumb still wreaks of Monica.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of division titles, AFC Champions, HOF players inducted, some of the most playoff appearances of any team in the league. They have done plenty. Only thing they have been missing as of late is the Super Bowl Title.
it took you dragging the corpse of manning to denver to make that happen, and he still got peytoned at the end of the day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't start talking about the cheating until you decided to make it an issue. Of course I am going to defend my team just like you do yours. Again you started this not me. Then you accuse me crying about you guys cheating to win yours.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took you dragging the corpse of manning to denver to make that happen, and he still got peytoned at the end of the day.

Well this is where I leave the conversation. If you think the Broncos have only had success since Manning came to Denver then obviously this is not a conversation worth being in. The stupidity of this post is just too much.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is where I leave the conversation. If you think the Broncos have only had success since Manning came to Denver then obviously this is not a conversation worth being in. The stupidity of this post is just too much.
they havent won a SB since i was a sr in college

before cell phones were in every hand