• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots To Release Alfonzo Dennard

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the question that I answered that to? He said nobody cared about Denver and I responded with obviously somebody does if they have been getting the best tv ratings in the NFL. Throw in they have sold out every game since 1970 being the 3rd longest streak in the NFL only behind Green Bay and Washington. So while yes they haven't won a Super Bowl in a few years (still have more than the Seahawks though) they have been one of the most relevant teams in the league for years and one of the most competitive having one of the top 3 records in the last 20 years of any teams in the league.

Stop patting yourself on the back over nonsense like strong TV ratings and being "competitive" over a 20(!) year period. The Broncos are only relevant because of Manning. Coincidentally, Manning is also the reason why they won't win any Super Bowls. It's a double-edged sword.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop patting yourself on the back over nonsense like strong TV ratings and being "competitive" over a 20(!) year period. The Broncos are only relevant because of Manning. Coincidentally, Manning is also the reason why they won't win any Super Bowls. It's a double-edged sword.

Wow you win one Super Bowl and get a big head about yourself. The Broncos did plenty before Manning got to town. They have been to plenty of Super Bowls, put together what many consider one of the best teams in NFL history in 1998, and almost every single year have been competing for the playoffs clear up to the last week if they didn't make it in. Since 1995 they have only had 3 losing seasons. Unless Manning has some crazy Super power I don't know about other than the last 3 years not sure how he helped us have non-losing seasons in 14 of 17 seasons before him.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you are talking facts and making too much sense. You cut that shit out. This is the internet, where willful ignorance is encouraged.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, you are talking facts and making too much sense. You cut that shit out. This is the internet, where willful ignorance is encouraged.

Haha I apologize I will dumb down my posts so some can better understand.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you win one Super Bowl and get a big head about yourself. The Broncos did plenty before Manning got to town. They have been to plenty of Super Bowls, put together what many consider one of the best teams in NFL history in 1998, and almost every single year have been competing for the playoffs clear up to the last week if they didn't make it in. Since 1995 they have only had 3 losing seasons. Unless Manning has some crazy Super power I don't know about other than the last 3 years not sure how he helped us have non-losing seasons in 14 of 17 seasons before him.

Actually, I didn't have a big head after one Super Bowl. But after 4 of them??? Can you really blame me? Maybe you will win another SB one day, as well.

upload_2015-5-5_16-6-12.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I didn't have a big head after one Super Bowl. But after 4 of them??? Can you really blame me? Maybe you will win another SB one day, as well.

View attachment 15250

Well in my lifetime I have seen the Broncos in 3 of them and seen them win 2. And not sure what you mean by 4? the Seahawks have been to 3 in their franchises history and won 1. Broncos on the other hand have been to the 4th most in NFL history only behind Dallas, Pittsburgh, and New England

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in my lifetime I have seen the Broncos in 3 of them and seen them win 2. And not sure what you mean by 4? the Seahawks have been to 3 in their franchises history and won 1. Broncos on the other hand have been to the 4th most in NFL history only behind Dallas, Pittsburgh, and New England

Not sure what I mean by 4? FOUR...as in four Super Bowl wins for Brady/Belichick. I didn't think there was much room for interpretation in that post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what I mean by 4? FOUR...as in four Super Bowl wins for Brady/Belichick. I didn't think there was much room for interpretation in that post.

I apologize I saw Sherman in your Avi and thought you were a Seahawks fan. You don't have the Patriots listed so was just going by what I briefly saw in the picture.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos faced the Seahags in the SB and the game was over about 30 second in. Patriots faced the Seahags in the SB and beat them.

The Broncos have been irrelevant since Terrell Davis retired. Tough break for you.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did SportsHoopla change the general NFL board into the Patriots Board?
Now that sure sounds familiar. I remember folks saying that about the Seahawks fans. Truth is a lot fans of teams not on the up swing, huddle on their team board, rarely stepping out and when they do, it's to critize. Shoot the off season is a tough time for NFL fans, without the Pats fans posting threads and such, it would really be a wasteland on the general board.
As for Rocko he has been posting threads about every thing. I think he's done a great job of helping keep things entertaining here.
Some might question why some this thread is worthy, I'd say it is. After losing Reeves and Browner, losing another CB is worth talking about. If you feel differently, just ignore it and go to a thread you do like, or better yet, start your own thread, on a topic more of interest to you.
Tired of hearing from Pats fans? Kick your fellow team fan in gear and start posting threads and such. Just my:2cents:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that sure sounds familiar. I remember folks saying that about the Seahawks fans. Truth is a lot fans of teams not on the up swing, huddle on their team board, rarely stepping out and when they do, it's to critize. Shoot the off season is a tough time for NFL fans, without the Pats fans posting threads and such, it would really be a wasteland on the general board.
As for Rocko he has been posting threads about every thing. I think he's done a great job of helping keep things entertaining here.
Some might question why some this thread is worthy, I'd say it is. After losing Reeves and Browner, losing another CB is worth talking about. If you feel differently, just ignore it and go to a thread you do like, or better yet, start your own thread, on a topic more of interest to you.
Tired of hearing from Pats fans? Kick your fellow team fan in gear and start posting threads and such. Just my:2cents:
Right on Harold. These boards are dominated by Pats and Hawk fans. Clumber and a few others are always here as well.
The Dennard story was one of the early breaking stories this morning on a slow day. So I could also understand the posting.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to reconfigure there secondary. He's still on probation, and he can't stay healthy. He's always playing hurt or not even on the field. He's got pro bowl written all over him if he can stay healthy, the problem is we have like 8 corners going into camp now, nothing says they won't bring him back to work him out. Typical Patriots move.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and those 2, you wouldnt have seen had the broncos not thumbed their nose at the nfl and grossly circumvented the salary cap to sign elway, smith and TD.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and those 2, you wouldnt have seen had the broncos not thumbed their nose at the nfl and grossly circumvented the salary cap to sign elway, smith and TD.

Oh sheesh...A Patriots fan getting after another team for cheating allegations is ridiculous. First off research that whole thing and then get back to me. Don't just spew nonsense on something you have no clue on.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sheesh...A Patriots fan getting after another team for cheating allegations is ridiculous. First off research that whole thing and then get back to me. Don't just spew nonsense on something you have no clue on.
its accurate:

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap Violations (washingtonpost.com)

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.
On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's Management Council in January 2003, the league announced.

:lol:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel free to ask me more about football...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3