• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Sign AP

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a young and upcoming team...now we are old as hell with AS and AP.

I assume that you are joking. In any case - 30 is old for a RB & in most cases that back will start to become ineffective at that age. However 34 is not old for a QB. The top 5 QBs stat wise in the NFL last season are now 41, 36, 30, 39 & 36 & all of those guys are expected to be effective for at least another season or two. That doesn't even include Rodgers who is 34.

This is an era where QBs are protected to a major degree unlike in the past. Smith has also been very durable in the recent past - missing hardly any games in the last 5 seasons due to injury. You could possibly have valid pts regarding Smith & certain aspects of his game, but honestly I am not buying this whole age argument in an era where QBs continue to be highly effective in their late 30s. Sure having a great 3rd or 4th year QB would be nice, but I don't think that it is then end of the world having a 34 yr old QB.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a very Snyder like move no matter how many people they work. Sell some tickets. Having said that I hope it works out but I am not going to bet the farm.

this entire offseason has been about selling tickets and keeping interest

unfortunately 31 other teams offseason goal was to build a SB team now or one that can compete for one in a year or 2

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this entire offseason has been about selling tickets and keeping interest

unfortunately 31 other teams offseason goal was to build a SB team now or one that can compete for one in a year or 2

Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia

In some way yes, but in other way no. They had a very good draft & it was not necessarily for sexy positions. They also made solid, low key moves like retaining Zach Brown (to counter the argument some make that the Skins never retain their own guys). This is much better than in the past where the Skins never valued draft picks & would trade them on a regular basis.

Take a at the Skins draft picks before 2010 - might be the worst track record in the NFL. Their drafting of late has been much better (not perfect - but better & at least they retain picks for the most part).

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia

In some way yes, but in other way no. They had a very good draft & it was not necessarily for sexy positions. They also made solid, low key moves like retaining Zach Brown (to counter the argument some make that the Skins never retain their own guys). This is much better than in the past where the Skins never valued draft picks & would trade them on a regular basis.

Take a at the Skins draft picks before 2010 - might be the worst track record in the NFL. Their drafting of late has been much better (not perfect - but better & at least they retain picks for the most part).

I think they had a good draft this year for sure.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that you are joking. In any case - 30 is old for a RB & in most cases that back will start to become ineffective at that age. However 34 is not old for a QB. The top 5 QBs stat wise in the NFL last season are now 41, 36, 30, 39 & 36 & all of those guys are expected to be effective for at least another season or two. That doesn't even include Rodgers who is 34.

This is an era where QBs are protected to a major degree unlike in the past. Smith has also been very durable in the recent past - missing hardly any games in the last 5 seasons due to injury. You could possibly have valid pts regarding Smith & certain aspects of his game, but honestly I am not buying this whole age argument in an era where QBs continue to be highly effective in their late 30s. Sure having a great 3rd or 4th year QB would be nice, but I don't think that it is then end of the world having a 34 yr old QB.

Not really joking. 34 is old for a QB, especially starting on a new team. It isn’t ancient but it is old.

Yep...Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Phillip Rivers...all HOFers. They have all been at the top their entire career. Alex Smith, not so much.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really joking. 34 is old for a QB, especially starting on a new team. It isn’t ancient but it is old.

Yep...Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Phillip Rivers...all HOFers. They have all been at the top their entire career. Alex Smith, not so much.
Smith will do just fine in DC gk, 34 or not. He is no McNubb...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. My expectations of AS are 3500 yards, 19 TDs, 10 interceptions. We will see.
Very modest expectation for AS I would say...
Rather, 3,850 yards, 23 TD's, 7 int or better...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been complaining about old has been being signed for years.

I just don't get why it matters. Don't get me wrong i don't think he'll really add much, but he's a stopgap rb who wont be here next year if he even makes it through the season. Who cares if a player like that is old?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why it matters. Don't get me wrong i don't think he'll really add much, but he's a stopgap rb who wont be here next year if he even makes it through the season. Who cares if a player like that is old?

there is literally no way he can be any worse than rob kelley

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP just needs to be effective. His name alone will draw attention to the run game now. Without him and Guice, no attention paid much really to the run game and why should it. "If" AP can show some signs of his old self, it should only help the offense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP just needs to be effective. His name alone will draw attention to the run game now. Without him and Guice, no attention paid much really to the run game and why should it. "If" AP can show some signs of his old self, it should only help the offense.

But he hasnt been effective in years and nobody is stacking the box to stop a name.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think he could be. Not that i expect it but things can always get worse. And AP hasnt been good in 3 years.

if thats the case AP doesnt belong in the league either. Rob Kelley sure as heck doesnt