• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not seen the best of this guy yet! All talk of getting that guy from the NYG's is premature. I think that this year we really get to see what he can do.
i tend to agree . i expect a good jump from him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple Sty. Is it possible Rypien had some head trauma, sure. Is it possible some his poor choices were just poor choices? Yes. I can't help but feel that everything that happens to an ex-NFL player is all because of head trauma. Especially one that played 16 games only twice and 10 games only two times besides that.
First of all fighting causes more trauma then any sport. Look at Ali. He never complained, he didn't blame anyone or anything. Personal opinion, I am entitled to it. :suds:

I really don't have a disagreement with you, except when there's use of the word "all." I just don't see that happening anywhere in sports, where a player or participant says "ALL" of my poor choices were because of.....

This often happens, when social media participants use that word to make a point that simply is not part of the story. It is effective, because so many aren't prepared to deal read a story and accept it for what it is. Unfortunately, they need more excitement, a bit more pop, or something to rally around in their quest to post something. In that world, nothing invites commentary, more than a negative.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have a disagreement with you, except when there's use of the word "all." I just don't see that happening anywhere in sports, where a player or participant says "ALL" of my poor choices were because of.....

This often happens, when social media participants use that word to make a point that simply is not part of the story. It is effective, because so many aren't prepared to deal read a story and accept it for what it is. Unfortunately, they need more excitement, a bit more pop, or something to rally around in their quest to post something. In that world, nothing invites commentary, more than a negative.

No argument. I didn't really mean the word "ALL" to be all encompassing. Clearly I do not know Rypien's medical status but I do think head trauma is becoming and excuse in some cases to explain way too many things.

I heard a doctor who was part of the team that said 90 (percent or whatever) football players had CTE. He said we are not sure what it means. We do not know how many average Joe's have CTE. I think it will take time to figure out exactly what it does or doesn't cause. Meanwhile I am for attempting to reduce head trauma. I also think if you know going in that there is a danger than shuck the F up later in life. You made a decision.

Many years ago I had Guard II orders to re-enlist. I was getting my choice of duty station, my choice of school, meritorious advancement and I extended for a month so the bonus would double. My Dad had a couple of talks with me about looking forward to me coming home etc. etc. I went with the family feelings. I can tell you now the best thing would have been to re-enlist. Who's fault. The Dad injury or my poor decision. Yep, my poor decision. :noidea:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple Sty. Is it possible Rypien had some head trauma, sure. Is it possible some his poor choices were just poor choices? Yes. I can't help but feel that everything that happens to an ex-NFL player is all because of head trauma. Especially one that played 16 games only twice and 10 games only two times besides that.
First of all fighting causes more trauma then any sport. Look at Ali. He never complained, he didn't blame anyone or anything. Personal opinion, I am entitled to it. :suds:
What?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a follow up post before your question. All that said I know everyone is not going to agree with what I said but I just think head trauma caused Rypien to go get hookers and some of that other stuff. I have paid for a hooker or two in my life and I didn't blame it on the fact that I went through the windshield of a car or got hit in the had with a driver or even a nightstick. I thought it was because my lil fella wanted a little sumthin' sumthin'. :pound:

I made a couple of poor financial decisions but as my father used to say "boy your eyes are bigger than your stomach." :lol:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawdy, pretty awful, but hilarious at the same time

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This twitter thread has some amazing film of Sean Taylor. Click on the links and enjoy

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Reed can do everything Kelce can do when healthy. I hope that can happen.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, the passing game revolves around Reed when healthy. Smith would throw contested passes to Kelce, knowing he'd come down with the ball. Reed has a similar knack and should benefit from such passes as well.

Butbutbut... people have said it like it's a true fact that Smith never does that. Who should I believe?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta consider the source here but it would certainly be a relief (and Bruce deserves it) for most Skins fans

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Bruce is too valuable elsewhere. We need him full-time on reunion party planning. He can co-chair that with Angela Martin.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh...:rolleyes2: not gonna look forward to media that week

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNles its the 4th game, I might actually have to make a trip home to go to a preseason game. :pound:

I wish him the best but I do NOT want to hear about him incessantly.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally see the NFL doing this for preseason game 3:lol:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta consider the source here but it would certainly be a relief (and Bruce deserves it) for most Skins fans

I happened to be running all over southern MD looking for someone to take some blood from me when he did this report. Although there may be some truth to it never forget the Rooster (Russell) has a vendetta with Allen after being fired from the previous radio station.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too cute