• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Update 11/22/13

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know about Elam but have some other recruiting news to share.

- ND going hard at RB Bo Scarbrough. He is an Alabama commit. So if he does change his mind that would be a big steal. ND is really the only other team he is listening to. Odds: 1% (I don't think we have a shot)

-WR Issiah McKenzie- ND has a great shot with him but its more on him. Needs to get his score and grades up. If so he will pick ND. Odds: 99% if he gets his grades up

-S John Ju Ju Smith- 5 star safety that would be a Big pick up for ND. Great news we are in his final 2. Its between USC and ND. Good news he loves the Irish coaching staff. Bad news his childhood Fav team is USC. It will come down to who USC hires as the new coach and if connects with them. Odds: 50/50.

DE Solomon Thomas- 5 star player that still has ND in the mix. ND is fighting with Stanford (fav at this point), Bama Ohio St and Arkansas(where his sister is at). Odds: 20%

LB- Andrew Williams- 4 star LB who is high on ND. ND is in his Final 2. ND has a great shot at him. The good news he is coming to the Banquet. That is big. Odds: 65%

S- Payton Hendrix- ND has a great shot at this 4 star recruit. He is teammates with current Irish commit Nick Watkins. Its between USC and ND. I like ND chances. Odds: 70%

WR- Allen Lazzard- He is still committed to Iowa. he has a lot of family ties with that school but he loves ND and understands ND can offer him more. He might shock everyone and pick ND. Odds 30%

TE- Tyler Luatua- 4 star TE that I think might be the best TE in the country has closed down recruiting. He just canceled Wisconsin and will decide between ND and Bama. Odds: 70%

LB- Nick sykes- ND is in great shape here. He is looking at Mich St and Penn St but ND is the team to beat. He almost committed on the spot last week. Odds: 90%

A- Charles Nelson- ND is looking for a big time Athlete in this class and they are looking at Nelson. They offered him last week and looks like ND is the team to beat here. Odds: 80%

LB- Kolin Hill- They offered him last week and from what Im hearing ND is the team to beat. He will be coming for the Banquet. Odds; 85%

LB- Nyles Morgan- ND is going hard after him. Top 3 schools are Ol Miss, Vanderbilt and ND. If ND can get him back on campus their chances go up. Good news his father wants him to go to ND. Odds: 50%

DE- Jhonathon Williams- He is a Missouri Commit but each day he is falling more and more for ND. ND likes his chances here. He is a DE that runs a 4.9. This is speed ND needs on D. Odds: 35%

2015 News

QB- Blake Barnett- B. Kelly wants him bad. Kelly and staff fell in love with this kid. He is one of the Top Jrs they really want. ND looks like the Fav to steal one from Cali. Odds: 90%

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if we still end up with Elam, but he's definitely a must get this cycle. There's probably little to no chance of us landing Scarborough. I am pretty sure Saban & Co just need to send him our box scores and see how imporatant the running game is to ND.

Less concerned about the WR as thats one area we're pretty deep at, even with the loss of Jones. Ju Ju Smith would be a great addition. Luatua I heard is almost definitely going to pick ND.

Nyles Morgan is another they are going to press hard. He proably needs to fill out more to play there, but we need MLB's, badly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if we still end up with Elam, but he's definitely a must get this cycle. There's probably little to no chance of us landing Scarborough. I am pretty sure Saban & Co just need to send him our box scores and see how imporatant the running game is to ND.

Less concerned about the WR as thats one area we're pretty deep at, even with the loss of Jones. Ju Ju Smith would be a great addition. Luatua I heard is almost definitely going to pick ND.

Nyles Morgan is another they are going to press hard. He proably needs to fill out more to play there, but we need MLB's, badly.

I agree with you about Bo but it is nice that the only other school he is talking to besides Bama is ND. Elam I think is all ND. I don't see ND losing this one. He knows we are losing Nix, he knows he can step right in and play, and he knows how important that position is to NDs D. I would be shocked if he didn't pick ND. Again it is the SEC and Bama so who knows.

Yes I think Lautua is all Irish.

Yes we need MLBs.

Ju Ju would be a great get. I think with say Ju JU, Elam, Lautaua and Morgan this class jumps into the Top 8, maybe top 6 if we land those kids.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah McKenzie has already committed but hopefully he gets his grades up, he might be the top athlete in this class for Notre Dame, his size is the only thing keeping him from being a more highly touted prospect.