• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Big Board: 2018 (Fall Camp Edition)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I've done a big board so I thought I'd update one for the start of the fall. As I can tell it, this is who Nebraska is in on for the 2018 class going into the fall. As always things can turn on dime for Nebraska, some of these guys are long shots, some of them not so much.

Nebraska has 11 commits currently, and can technically 17 this class + 3 if they would like. So the class is over half full going into the fall. Here are the names currently at the top of the board as far as i can tell.

1. Micah Parsons (5-Star, OLB) [Harrisburg, PA] - The one time Penn State commit has been very complimentary of Nebraska and even visited on his own dime for a Friday night lights camp. Nebraska made his top 5 for schools he will visit in the fall but will have to fight tooth and nail against the likes of Alabama and Ohio State with Ohio State seeming like the main competition. Nebraska actually has a shot here, however slim. I would give Ohio State the edge currently.
  2. Justin Fields (5-Star, QB) [Kennesaw, GA] - Fields mentioned Nebraska as a possible visit destination. So far the Huskers have struck out on all their QB targets and Fields is the only one left that they feel like taking. They feel really good about the current QB situation, so they won't force a QB in this class, but they won't turn a talent like Fields away either.
  3. Jalen Hall (5-Star, WR) [Los Angelas, CA] - Hall is an interesting case, what used to be a foregone conclusion to USC has recently told some media outlets that he is not going to go to USC which opens things up. Nebraska almost closed the deal with his 5-star teammate Joseph Lewis last class and the Huskers don't have a WR like Hall on the roster currently. If Nebraska can get him in for a visit things could get really interesting.
  4. TJ Pledger (4-Star, RB) [West Hills, CA] - Pledger has LONG been a Nebraska target but the current OU commit shows now signs of moving off of his pledge to the Sooners. Nebraska will keep tabs on him this fall though, especially if Lincoln Riley's crew falls apart down the stretch.
  5. Badara Traore (4-Star, JUCO OT) [Hyde Park, MA] - Nebraska is looking for a JUCO OT to close out there OL class and they made Traore's top 5 going into the season. The next step is to get an OV. LSU was once thought to be the favorite but that no longer seems to be the case. He has already visited Auburn.
  6. Isaah Crocker (4-Star, WR) [Sacramento, CA] - Another talented WR, Crocker is interested in Oregon and Oregon State as well. Nebraska would love to add him to this class but Jalen Hall is first priority and Oregon could fill up soon which could leave Crocker with Oregon State.
  7. Tommy Bush (4-Star, WR) [Schertz, TX] - Nebraska has long been on Tommy Bush who looks like he's leaning towards staying home. He provides body size and athleticism similar to Hall. Look for Nebraska to try to get him in for a visit this fall.
  8. Houston Griffith (4-Star, CB) [Bradenton, FL] - Griffith at this time looks like an FSU lean but in recent weeks the trend has gone back and forth between Nebraska and FSU. He's teammates and good friends with current Husker commit Bookie as well. And he's no stranger to the B1G footprint as his dad is Howard Griffith of BTN and Illinois football fame.
  9. Christian Tutt (4-Star, CB) [Thomson, GA] - Tutt is a heavy lean to Nebraska right now and could in fact be a silent commit as well. I'm not sure Nebraska takes both Griffith and Tutt but with the departure of Blades from last class they definitely might take a look at it. Tutt is also favoring Alabama and Ohio State at the moment. Last time Nebraska nabbed a kid out of Georgia like this he because a starting safety rather quickly (Aaron Williams).
  10. Daniel Carson (3-Star, DE) [Idependence, MO] - Nebraska is looking to close out a good DL class with Carson. He has the measurables that 3-4 defenses everywhere want in their strong side DE (6'5" 260 lbs) and is a bit undervalued by recruiting services. Nebraska and Oklahoma are going head to head here.
Names to watch: Brian Hightower (4-Star, WR) Nikko Hall (3-Star, WR), Ronnie Perkins (4-Star, DE), Elijah Wade (4-Star, DE), Bo Calvert (4-Star, OLB), Aashari Crosswell (4-Star, S), Talanoa Hufanga (5-Star, ATH), Grahm Roberts (3-Star, RB)

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any questions regarding specific players and our chances?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that you didn't mention Babb btw, you was right to not do that. Hall would be a grand slam for Dr Route, ill hide and watch to see where Coach concentrates his time

On a side note, take a look through Bookies twitter feed, mother of God the level of stupidity is astonishing, even on top of the stupidity credits I give out in general

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Perkins an Tutt

I think Nebraska likes Carson better than Perkins as a DE in a 3-4 currently, so they're going after him more. It's either one or the other and they like their chances with Carson. Perkins likely goes to OU IMO.

Tutt is an interesting case, there are some rumblings that he is a silent commit to Nebraska currently but the big name programs are sniffing around. I really like our chances with him but we'll see.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No questions from me. This is still the too early to tell time.

If Micah Parsons commits and SIGNS on the dotted line, OMG.

I think every recruit should always take their 5 OVs since it is an all expense paid trip plus it helps to make sure the decision is the correct one. The exception, if the school you have dreamed about since your were four years old offers, you accept.

First off, if I was a recruit I would show I was really interested in being a Hawaii Rainbow Warrior plus four other schools I really liked.

After reading up on Fields, academics is important to Mom, but football competition is super important to Fields. The B1G will need to show they are a true football conference this year and Nebraska will have to be 9-1 entering the Penn State game, then BEAT Penn State. My official napkin writing prediction, Fields chooses Penn State if Penn State beats Ohio State. If Ohio State beats Penn State(I think Ohio State wins) then Fields chooses the SEC school Georgia or Florida.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that you didn't mention Babb btw, you was right to not do that. Hall would be a grand slam for Dr Route, ill hide and watch to see where Coach concentrates his time

On a side note, take a look through Bookies twitter feed, mother of God the level of stupidity is astonishing, even on top of the stupidity credits I give out in general
It's not a foregone conclusion, but his injury could help us with Babb. OSU has had very little problem cutting good players with injury concerns in the past. I think that's a risk we would be smart to take given the potential payoff.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any fire to bookie and being a Florida commit?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a foregone conclusion, but his injury could help us with Babb. OSU has had very little problem cutting good players with injury concerns in the past. I think that's a risk we would be smart to take given the potential payoff.
Do tell, I'm just reading the kid, I can't stand Urbans used Cars but they aren't dropping him unless the position fills up with higher rated guys like Brown and Hall, osu didn't back off Lindsey last year or their top target Grimes who also had an HS injury. I'd take Hall over Babb all day
Like I said I'll be interested to see where coach Williams puts his time into

The Parsons kid is a long shot and I find it troubling we don't have a more realistic option for OLB, a critical position in the 3-4 that I'm not convinced we have anyone even right now that can play it

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, he has some good friends going there but Donte Williams has known him since he was a little kid, Tyjon Lindsey is his cousin and is going to play a lot this year. Nebraska has a good relationship with him, keep in mind he was a silent commit to Nebraska for about a year prior to announcing his commitment this Summer. He likes the attention that the Florida fans give him but he's not going to end up there unless something drastic happens IMO.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
Florida fans and recruits are trolling Nebraska fans and it's working as intended, there's already fake accounts posting garbage and it's only a matter of time before slurs start getting thrown out there imo

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell, I'm just reading the kid, I can't stand Urbans used Cars but they aren't dropping him unless the position fills up with higher rated guys like Brown and Hall, osu didn't back off Lindsey last year or their top target Grimes who also had an HS injury. I'd take Hall over Babb all day

The Parsons kid is a long shot and I find it troubling we don't have a more realistic option for OLB, a critical position in the 3-4 that I'm not convinced we have anyone even right now that can play it

It will be interesting to see how recruiting of that position changes as there's more tape of Nebraska running Diaco's 3-4.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how recruiting of that position changes as there's more tape of Nebraska running Diaco's 3-4.
I'm dusting off my foil hat being second week of fall camp and we're still "trying out" guys at OLB

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookie and Parsons on the list

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is Babb's second injury in 2 years and Urban just pulled the offer from that 4 star OL from Colorado that tore his ACL last year. I'm not saying it will happen but it wouldn't be shocking.