• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

recent cuts we could possibly pick up...and should

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is QB Dennis Dixon a free agent?

Problem here is were right at the cap and I don't know how we can fit another high dollar guy in the mix.

Interesting enough I am hearing that the Titans and Kenny Britt are having issues and they may try to move him for the trade deadline. Depending on who would eat most of his salary, this could be a nice pick up for the Rams and Fisher who knows Britt and got the best out of him. He's had knee surgery, but he's still 25/26 and was a beast when healthy.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is QB Dennis Dixon a free agent?

Problem here is were right at the cap and I don't know how we can fit another high dollar guy in the mix.

Interesting enough I am hearing that the Titans and Kenny Britt are having issues and they may try to move him for the trade deadline. Depending on who would eat most of his salary, this could be a nice pick up for the Rams and Fisher who knows Britt and got the best out of him. He's had knee surgery, but he's still 25/26 and was a beast when healthy.

We have no salary cap room, so I don't know why you guys are torturing yourselves dreaming about guys with no shot of playing for the team. :)

Personally I don't think Dixon or Britt would be an upgrade anyway - we've got guys with talent in the WR corps, they are just raw and need more experience. Dixon has had little experience, has a career passer rating worse than Bradfords, and would need to come up to speed. Might be a decent backup if we dump Clemens and bring more athleticism, but our O isn't built around that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt is talented, but why bring that attitude into such a young team? He could end up a cancer on this team. He doesn't stay healthy enough for me to be very interested.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt - because Fisher coached him since he was rookie. Dennis Dixon WAS a good dual threat in this league. He backed up Big Ben and looked pretty good at times.

And we are close to the cap. Every team leaves a little bit of money to spend because of injuries.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that RB Trent Richardson was traded to the Colts for a number one pick. That is two strikes against us. We'd have to give up a number one and we have no cap space for a guy like this.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Browns are scheduling a try-out for Willis McGahee and if he passes their physical they are going to sign him. I guess we are going with the combo of Richardson, Pead, Cunningham, and Stacey.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we have no cash.

See below for why..

Lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what.. Cleveland picked up Bobby Rainey off waivers last week from Baltimore. He look ok against our preseason team. Watch out for this kid. 1 of 8 players since the FBS started to have back to back years with 1500 yard. Those others?? SJAX, d McFadden, ray rice, L Tomlinson, deangelo Williams.

He was hurt last year, but he's a ray rice clone at 5'8 212 bowling ball.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SJ76. I watched him a few times when he was with Baltimore and in teh preseason and I was a bit flabberghasted why Harbaugh let him go. He is going to be a good one. But hey we have second round pick Pead. A true stud!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what.. Cleveland picked up Bobby Rainey off waivers last week from Baltimore. He look ok against our preseason team. Watch out for this kid. 1 of 8 players since the FBS started to have back to back years with 1500 yard. Those others?? SJAX, d McFadden, ray rice, L Tomlinson, deangelo Williams.

He was hurt last year, but he's a ray rice clone at 5'8 212 bowling ball.

...and will back up McGahee.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the coaches on Cleveland know what's going to happen at RB. Willis won't be ready for a week, that's IF his physical went good. Not to mention Cleveland is playing ther 3rd string QB over Jason Campbell. But I guess you have an inside track on the Cleveland depth chart huh?

I thought it was quite interesting what Rainey did in college and the names up there along with him.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not play their 3rd string QB? They have already given up on the season and are going for draft position. Pretty gutless if you ask me but it may work out for them next year if they get a stud QB. Old Man Wheeden isn't the answer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you who want to replace Sam Bradford or want a better back-up than Clemons, Josh Freeman is seeking a trade out of Tampa. I don't know if we have the cap space to even think about this one and if Freeman would even consider back-up money but he is available. I say trade them Saffold even up-just kidding!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say trade them Saffold even up just kidding.... I actually think it is a PERFECT idea. I might even send them Saffold AND Pead... that should make it work money wise.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw in Mcleod as well.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say trade them Saffold even up just kidding.... I actually think it is a PERFECT idea. I might even send them Saffold AND Pead... that should make it work money wise.

Saffold and Pead for a floundering back-up QB ??? Can't see the viable logic in that...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold and Pead for a floundering back-up QB ??? Can't see the viable logic in that...

I am not kidding about this really. Freeman is not a bad QB at all, in fact he is better than anyone the Rams have IMO (yes, including Bradford). Freeman is going through the same thing Alex Smith experienced in San Fran. He is NOT Schiano's guy. Glennon is Schiano's guy. Freeman lost all of his confidence because his coach made it clear that he had no desire to have him as the QB of his team.
Freeman will end up exactly like Alex Smith if put in the right situation with a coach who believes in him. Personally, I think Cleveland would be a natural fit for him as Norv Turner has always done wonders with QBs. Hell, I even think Oakland might be a nice fit. If Ponder has a bad injury, Minnesota might give him a shot.
Yes, I would not mind seeing Freeman as the backup to push Bradford a bit to get agressive, but I would not give up much for him. I can see Saffold for Freeman , 2 troubled guys who need a change of scenery

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Browns traded Richardson with a view to signing Freeman as their franchise QB. I don't see Freeman as a future top 20 QB. He looks like a future $2.5M back-up. He'd be an upgrade on Clemens but I doubt Freeman would accept that sort of deal at this point. With his current deal there's no market for him. The Buccaneers won't pay a large chunk of his salary to get him to leave. Why would they? My advice to him would be to sit quietly on the bench and collect the paychecks. There are worse things in life than retiring at 30 with your health and a boat-load of cash. Not that i'm speaking from experience.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah shoot Fastforward. Everyone knows you are a closet milionaire-lol. Just kidding!!