• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

recent cuts we could possibly pick up...and should

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the cuts are coming fast and furious.... most teams are down to 75 now (or close)
Here is a list of some guys looking for work that would be a good fit for the Rams

WR Da'Rick Rogers - I wanted this guy at draft time and now Buffalo gave up on him. He honestly would have no pressure and could just work on getting better.. Too talented not to play somewhere

OLB/DE Meshak Williams - From Kansas State, he was a tackling and sack machine at the 4-3 DE spot but I think could also translate to an OLB in the NFL. Would provide youth and depth at both spots.

S Tom Zbikowski - Veteran safety who is also a special teams beast. Our secondary could use a guy like him for depth for sure.

OL Barry Richardson - dude knows the offense and can play just about anywhere on the line... why not!

LB Aaron Curry - again, another veteran who is too good IMO not to be playing somewhere. We need veteran LB depth

OL Keith Williams - we could lead the league in Long's AND Williams'.. again depth is ALWAYS good!

DT Gilbert Pena -... again big run stuffer for depth is ALWAYS good.

Lastly, I am PO'd that the Rams did not even make an attempt (at least that we know of) to get OLB Chase Thomas off waivers when the Saints cut him. I wanted this guy VERY badly at draft time and he would be a perfect compliment to Ogletree and JL55... but now he is a RAAAAAIDAHH!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed WR Radway got cut so early. He looked as though he could play. We have too much depth at the position and I guess the drops hurt him.I hope someone outside our division takes a look. I'd take T Richardson back in a heartbeat. We need help at QB and RB too. I'd pick up QB Tolzein, at least on a week's trial. I don't know much about S Polk who was cut by the Jaguars but that's a position where we could look for help and his pre Draft report was encouraging.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its encouraging to hear we have to much depth at any position. Its something we couldnt say a few years ago.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any backup QBs on the market?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind Stanzi over Clemons...

Bottom line is look at veteran RB, OLB and S... Cedric Benson,Beanie Wells and Michael Turner still do not have jobs... as a 1 year stop gap they would upgrade the RB corps.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont pick up any of these cut players. We'll pick up some depth once the final cuts are made.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind Stanzi over Clemons...

Bottom line is look at veteran RB, OLB and S... Cedric Benson,Beanie Wells and Michael Turner still do not have jobs... as a 1 year stop gap they would upgrade the RB corps.

No tread left on those tires other than Wells, who gets injured by a light breeze. The tough cuts are after Thursday's games, which is where the true value lies.

Someone will jump all over Da'Rick Rogers; he had something like 20 teams interested in him after the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da'rick Rodgers would be the logical choice but somebody in this tandem has a disconnect when it comes to running back for theis team. What they have now could potentially become a complete nightmare.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college ball. Why do we want 'problem WR' Da'Rick Rogers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college ball. Why do we want 'problem WR' Da'Rick Rogers?

NFL body, NFL speed, NFL hands, NFL physicality....high school head. All available as an UDFA-turned cutdown victim.

I don't know that the Rams take him (they supposedly may only keep 5 WR, which are easy to guess: Givens, Austin, Pettis, Bailey, Quick), but someone will take a chance at getting him straightened out. He wasn't a big problem in Bills camp, he just seemed lackadaisical, like he was a lock to make the team. Unfortunately for him, they have a lot of depth as well (Stevie Johnson, TJ Graham, Robert Woods & Marquise Goodwin, plus Marcus Easley is finally healthy and emerging and Chris Hogan had a solid preseason and is a solid STer, as is Brad Smith), so they really didn't have a role for him.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Gilbert Pena lasted 2 days with the Patriots. He's a FA again. There must be a 300lb carbon footprint joke in there somewhere.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL body, NFL speed, NFL hands, NFL physicality....high school head. All available as an UDFA-turned cutdown victim.

I don't know that the Rams take him (they supposedly may only keep 5 WR, which are easy to guess: Givens, Austin, Pettis, Bailey, Quick), but someone will take a chance at getting him straightened out. He wasn't a big problem in Bills camp, he just seemed lackadaisical, like he was a lock to make the team. Unfortunately for him, they have a lot of depth as well (Stevie Johnson, TJ Graham, Robert Woods & Marquise Goodwin, plus Marcus Easley is finally healthy and emerging and Chris Hogan had a solid preseason and is a solid STer, as is Brad Smith), so they really didn't have a role for him.
Titus Young lite or Titus Young heavy? :yahoo:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that another 2012 5th round lineman, Cardinals Senio Kelemete, has been released. He caught 1 pass for 10 yards last year...or put another way he had 1 reception and 10 yards more than AJ Jenkins. :laugh3:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the cuts are coming fast and furious.... most teams are down to 75 now (or close)
Here is a list of some guys looking for work that would be a good fit for the Rams

WR Da'Rick Rogers - I wanted this guy at draft time and now Buffalo gave up on him. He honestly would have no pressure and could just work on getting better.. Too talented not to play somewhere

OLB/DE Meshak Williams - From Kansas State, he was a tackling and sack machine at the 4-3 DE spot but I think could also translate to an OLB in the NFL. Would provide youth and depth at both spots.

S Tom Zbikowski - Veteran safety who is also a special teams beast. Our secondary could use a guy like him for depth for sure.

OL Barry Richardson - dude knows the offense and can play just about anywhere on the line... why not!

LB Aaron Curry - again, another veteran who is too good IMO not to be playing somewhere. We need veteran LB depth

OL Keith Williams - we could lead the league in Long's AND Williams'.. again depth is ALWAYS good!

DT Gilbert Pena -... again big run stuffer for depth is ALWAYS good.

Lastly, I am PO'd that the Rams did not even make an attempt (at least that we know of) to get OLB Chase Thomas off waivers when the Saints cut him. I wanted this guy VERY badly at draft time and he would be a perfect compliment to Ogletree and JL55... but now he is a RAAAAAIDAHH!

Who do you want to cut from the Wrs for Rodgers? I think I like Givins, Austin, Bailey, Pettis and Quick better. I would think of the 5 that Pettis is the most vulnerable.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettis' job is safe no matter whether Quick truly develops or not.

Austin and Bailey are pretty much slot guys that can do multiple things. But neither is suited to play X or Z position full time. Even if Quick becomes the starter opposite Givens, the Rams would still need a WR to cover either X or Z when Givens or Quick need a breather. That's where Pettis comes in.

Also, do you guys not remember last season? When the Rams needed a 3rd down conversion, Bradford was looking for Pettis a majority of the time. Now, maybe Cook takes up some of that role this season, but you can't ignore the chemistry and trust that Bradford and Pettis had last season.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of Possible Back-up QB targets
QB Caleb Hanie
QB Dayne Crist
QB Matt Leinart
QB Matt Scott
QB Mike Kafka
QB Dennis Dixon
QB G.J. Kinne
QB Trent Edwards
QB Jordan Palmer
QB Jimmy Clausen

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Hanie on NFL Network the other night. The best of the bunch Red Chaos listed.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys have been busy cleaning up monsoon storms this past week, will read all that has been said and hopefully contribute today.:nod:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, the 5 WRs will all they will keep. I don't think the cut Quick for Rodgers, Pettis is safe. Richardson should already have been picked up, knows offense and locker room. Fisher and Snead will be active today at 6:00pm ET. I think today we might just pick up that OT, RB, OLB and S.:nod: