• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Shero announced as New GM: Lou to remain as Team President

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not saying it has to do with today's news. I'm just saying you can't always believe the positive spins they constantly gave us. With people wanting to leave this organization. They put that spin on him being the president and he jumps ship when another team gave him a gm offer pretty clear he wanted to still be gm.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! guess it goes to show you that he really did get fired from his role as GM here. it really goes to show you that you can't believe all the headlines you read.

nieds didn't leave for family
parise didn't leave for family
robinson didn't leave for family
i doubt kovy left for family too.

lol next we'll hear it was Lou on the grassy knoll in Dallas

But you're right about one thing at least...Parise left for a $10MM signing bonus BEFORE the lockout...as I've always said

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised he left but I am a little surprised about TO, although the Shanahan connection is probably a big part of it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, Lou just said that one of the things that caused problems within the past 5 years was finances and the financial struggles of the club. So he's basically acknowledging that he couldn't do what he wanted to do because of ownership.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, Lou just said that one of the things that caused problems within the past 5 years was finances and the financial struggles of the club. So he's basically acknowledging that he couldn't do what he wanted to do because of ownership.

That's also firmly in the excuses category. I'm not dismissing his comments out of hand, but I'm also not giving him anything resembling a pass.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
plenty of teams are doing pretty good with a limited budget. they aren't giving out contracts to michael ryder damien brunner ryan clowe etc. they are drafting well having the right staff in place to develop these players before they come up to the club. then when here they have a good coaching staff in place not a bunch of revolving door head coaches.

i'm grateful to the guy for what he did but i also think he did more then enough bad to get him "fired". i was reading on tg blog people bashing the owners for killing devils history this and that. they really need to realize

lou/stevens/marty 1 trip past the 2nd round since 2003. we aren't really losing much....besides whats the rush? why does marty need a job with the devils right away? why can't he go somewhere learn his craft and then come back to us? same with stevens?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was time for Lou to move on. Certainly appreciate what he did for this franchise and wish him well in Toronto, except for when the two teams play each other.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... new days are upon us.... did you ever think we would ever see this day Cup? What are all the Kool Aid drinking Lou lovers going to do now?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We get a third from Toronto since they signed him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a third from Toronto since they signed him.

We could possibly have 9 picks next year, 3 third rounders. You can make some moves with that many picks. If I'm not mistaken the pick is any of the next 3 years.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol the site in lou we trust is going to be renamed lol.

Rp never thought I would see the day. I guess if beek never ran out of money lou would be here conte still here and lou son would be next in line. Can't say I'm upset at how things are going.

I was listening to nhl radio yesterday a caller from nj was saying the leafs are soooo much better off now they are the winners of the day . It got me so worked up I had to call in and say something. I had e call recorded wish I could post it here lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the site in lou we trust is going to be renamed lol.

Rp never thought I would see the day. I guess if beek never ran out of money lou would be here conte still here and lou son would be next in line. Can't say I'm upset at how things are going.

I was listening to nhl radio yesterday a caller from nj was saying the leafs are soooo much better off now they are the winners of the day . It got me so worked up I had to call in and say something. I had e call recorded wish I could post it here lol

For the Leafs I think it does make sense. Everyone there is new to their positions and for years that team had no direction or personality. Lou can bring some stability and structure, he can groom the young GMs, he still knows how to negotiate and work the phones, he can build a culture there and if there is a franchise that could use some discipline it's Toronto.

At the end of the day Shanahan gets the final word so he can veto Lou on things. In 3 years Dubas probably takes over as GM for them.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they got rid of the former strength and conditioning coach brought in (surprise surprise) a former pens employee. not saying i disagree with the move but not sure i like us becoming the pens east.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not surprised, but I know what you mean.
We are not used to it because Lou has been here so long. New GM, new coach, both have had success, and will bring in their own people who they trust. Its true with any company out there in the real world.