• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok guys i think this has gotten way off base...................

we are talking about trades that we could pull off without giving up profar.......

think packages for olt,arms.......this was also posted with the thought harrison might not be back(romeo/??? someone said he might not make it)

if we had colby/harrison/yu/dutch i dont think we need to deal.....imo

but keep it to "cheap" deals to sure up the staff/OF help

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok guys i think this has gotten way off base...................

we are talking about trades that we could pull off without giving up profar.......

think packages for olt,arms.......this was also posted with the thought harrison might not be back(romeo/??? someone said he might not make it)

if we had colby/harrison/yu/dutch i dont think we need to deal.....imo

but keep it to "cheap" deals to sure up the staff/OF help

Yeah but most likely we are not going to have all 4 in the rotation

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If royals dont think they can contend i would try for Alex Gordon hes a real solid player upgrade over murphy. Or maybe.... A James Shields and Alex Gordon package. I wonder what it would take.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If royals dont think they can contend i would try for Alex Gordon hes a real solid player upgrade over murphy. Or maybe.... A James Shields and Alex Gordon package. I wonder what it would take.

Very interesting names but good ones. I have always liked Shields. He has a nice 2.72 ER but is only 2-6. He has had little support in his games pitched. Gordon having a lefty bat could spike up his HR total hitting in RBIA.
I am not sure what it would take but for starters the Royals do not have alot in ther middle IF and in the minors especially at 2B. Perhaps they would be interested in a L.Sardinas, R.Odor or L.Garcia. Couple of their top prospects are struggling right now.
Overall it could cost us quite a bit especially if Shields is in the deal

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting names but good ones. I have always liked Shields. He has a nice 2.72 ER but is only 2-6. He has had little support in his games pitched. Gordon having a lefty bat could spike up his HR total hitting in RBIA.
I am not sure what it would take but for starters the Royals do not have alot in ther middle IF and in the minors especially at 2B. Perhaps they would be interested in a L.Sardinas, R.Odor or L.Garcia. Couple of their top prospects are struggling right now.
Overall it could cost us quite a bit especially if Shields is in the deal

Yeah, ive always thought of Shields as a great #2 and ok #1 guy. Hes always a guy that will go 7-8 innings of 2 ER ball with decent amount of ks. I would love him behind Darvish. Also alex gordon is a good solid all around ballplayer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Texas Should keep an eye on cuddyer.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, seeing as how they gave up their top prospect in Myers for Shields.... they'll want Profar. You're essentially asking for their best position player and their best pitcher.

And saying that Gordon is a solid player upgrade over Murphy....is an understatement.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, seeing as how they gave up their top prospect in Myers for Shields.... they'll want Profar. You're essentially asking for their best position player and their best pitcher.

And saying that Gordon is a solid player upgrade over Murphy....is an understatement.

Am i crazy for proposing a Profar for alex gordon and James shields trade?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i crazy for proposing a Profar for alex gordon and James shields trade?

Not crazy, but problem is its going to take more than Profar in a Gordon/Shields scenario, its a system killer in essence

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers looking hard for a closer and willing to put Castellanos on the market. If Soria is close to coming by at the deadline, think Nathan could get the talks going for him? I really like the kid who's a COF and has some power. Doubt nathan would even get the talks started, so would Scheppers be worth it to lock down a young COF? I think Scheppers could be a closer.

I'd say make the offer. Then I'd move Ogando into setup and wait for Soria. I'm thinking Feliz is destined to go back into the closer role in the future as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers looking hard for a closer and willing to put Castellanos on the market. If Soria is close to coming by at the deadline, think Nathan could get the talks going for him? I really like the kid who's a COF and has some power. Doubt nathan would even get the talks started, so would Scheppers be worth it to lock down a young COF? I think Scheppers could be a closer.

I'd say make the offer. Then I'd move Ogando into setup and wait for Soria. I'm thinking Feliz is destined to go back into the closer role in the future as well.

Interesting but I'm pretty sure the Tigers know that Castellanos can fetch more than just a closer in return... maybe in a much bigger trade with more players, maybe so

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think there is a rule someplace that says you never ever ever ever trade back of the bullpen pitching for a COF prospect. Ever. Never.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a rule someplace that says you never ever ever ever trade back of the bullpen pitching for a COF prospect. Ever. Never.

maybe not straight up, but Cruz worked out ok :)

Didn't we get Murphy that way too, from BOS?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
During the game tonite one of the ESPN guys I think it was Buster Olney said the Rangers have been looking at Alex Rios as a possible acquisition before the deadline. He is batting 276 with 11 HR's and 35 RBI's. Interesting name with pretty good numbers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game tonite one of the ESPN guys I think it was Buster Olney said the Rangers have been looking at Alex Rios as a possible acquisition before the deadline. He is batting 276 with 11 HR's and 35 RBI's. Interesting name with pretty good numbers

He wouldn't be a huge bat, but he'd be an upgrade over Murphy. His .335 OBP is okay, but not great, and he's striking out over twice as much as he walks. His wRC+ is 112, so again an upgrade over Murphy but not a piece that puts us over the top by any means. Would depend on what they wanted.