• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen it this bad. It's not just bad luck when the entire team's approach is so bad. Our idiot manager doesn't help either.

Well Ron Washington cant do anything about it really. They will come out of it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Ron Washington cant do anything about it really. They will come out of it.

Certainly Ron Washington can. He can lead for one. He can not be "one of the guys". He can hold players and coaches accountable for their mistakes in judgement and commitment. He can fill out a lineup card that puts the best group of players on the field based on something other than commitment to a .208-hitting #5OF veteran who will not be on the roster next year.

There are a lot of things a real manager does. Simply ask yourself the question I do: "What would Buck do?"

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The offense is always up and down for all teams throught the season. Thats just how it is. I remember these cpld spells in 2010-2011. Lets just wait till ian and mitch come back.

If it all depends on Kinsler and Moreland returning and hitting as hot as they were they went out ... then the bunch we got now aren't worth keeping. Wash continues to put players into positions which do not provide the best chance of success. He plays favorites.

This team has with its failures on offense had an extreme negative effect on both Tepesch and Grimm for two of what are regardless of what else has happened in 2013 ... two very amazing rookie SPs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. TEX has the SPs they need. Don't need old or broken castoffs.

Broken castoffs? David Price was the CY Young winner last year and should be great for years still. Also Cliff Lee may be kinda old but he is a big game pitcher! These guys are not second thoughts. They would fill in the #2 spot in the rotation and we would have a second #1 along with Yu.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Broken castoffs? David Price was the CY Young winner last year and should be great for years still. Also Cliff Lee may be kinda old but he is a big game pitcher! These guys are not second thoughts. They would fill in the #2 spot in the rotation and we would have a second #1 along with Yu.

I'll stick with my opinion. TEX doesn't need another SP especially old or broken ones. They need hitters.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am stuck with the Blue Jay announcers tonite. They said the Rangers are batting 241 over the last 17 games and are 10th in the Al in runs scored during that period. Not the same team their accustom to seeing.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick with my opinion. TEX doesn't need another SP especially old or broken ones. They need hitters.

Far from being broken pitchers. Justin Verlander and clayton kershaw must be broken too just like david Price?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. DET and LAD thinking about trading them? If not ... then no reason to care.

Yeah but what you said is far fetched because youre talking about pitchers that are great when they are healthy and are one of the best.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was thinking of deals that wouldnt cost profar and the rest of the farm......deals we could get while keeping profar

we have already talked about the price/stanton deals

without him included in any deal it would be a waste trade. you're talking 3rd, 4th or 5th level trade options and if that's all we can get than we might as well ride out the rest of the season and take our lumps

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without him included in any deal it would be a waste trade. you're talking 3rd, 4th or 5th level trade options and if that's all we can get than we might as well ride out the rest of the season and take our lumps

Wait what? We have a lot of depth to get a very good player in a deal without profar. But honestly profar doesnt have a place really even though he maybe could play the outfield. But you dont get as much value there

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making trades to get rid of people that "don't have a place" has gotten us into too many problems before

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Nate Schierholtz?