• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers take on last place Mariners

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is not completely accurate. In 2013 when he had just 456 ABs because of his suspension he homered in 5.92% of his ABs and in 2014 it was in 5.90% ABs. So he was on par in 2013 for those results as well.

I think you might have quoted the wrong post of mine to support your point (which I think is that there were indicators Cruz would have the 2014 that he did). But honestly, it's all just conjecture at this point. Cruz didn't sign here, and everything after that is just all of us playing armchair GM.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a different note ... there's a rumor going round that Josh Hamilton has filed for divorce ...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and again you point that finger of yours for me returning serve to what you're doing to me. I don't post here all that often and if you'd sit your ass down I'd most likely be gone by now.

stop the billy bad boy act while playing the victim card. That's pathetic even for you.
I'd say it makes you look small but I know you're just playing to your strengths.

Like I said, clean it up or you won't be posting any longer. If anybody is playing billy bad ass keyboard ninja its you. Cut the act or you won't be posting here anymore.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the games themselves, which really leave a lot to be desired, what much is there to discuss? It's another lost season where you find joy where you can. That sort of state of affairs leads to bickering and discontent.

LOL! Very true Rev.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is not completely accurate. In 2013 when he had just 456 ABs because of his suspension he homered in 5.92% of his ABs and in 2014 it was in 5.90% ABs. So he was on par in 2013 for those results as well.

Too late to edit it but did not realized until I looked at the numbers but in 2009 and 2011 he homered in 6.41% and 5.65% of his ABs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bigger fan of Elvis than I his first couple of seasons but his act is wearing thin. I really think his biggest problem is his perception of status and the value he seems to put on it within the club house. His game started to suffer and certainly NOT progress about the time he saw himself as Beltre's side kick. I had hopes an offseason attitude adjustment and better comment to his craft would emerge.....it's not showing itself thus far and now he seems to see himself as OR's mentor with this arm on his head thing showing itself on the field. PLAY F-IN BASEBALL and forget the social club. Be a ball player first. This message is not being sent and it's a real shame since this team made the baseball and investment decision going into 2014. I think it's easier to count the somewhat positive things I've seen thus far in 2015 with regards to the everyday players. Our starting catcher has been what he's needed to be. That's about it.

It is what it is and I didn't expect 75 wins this season. The crime has been the decisions this front office has made over the last three seasons....health has been a part, no question but evaluations made seems the bigger problem. There are more than a view who's game hasn't developed. The evaluations seem poor and decisions worse. Somebody better figure this thing out real quick or it will be like the early 70's attending a game this summer.
the bolded is my opinion.
It's the Front Office and it's the evaluations and player development at the big league level.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since that night in 2011 the franchise has taken hit after hit. At this point they are expected. Can't do anything but sit back and laugh to keep from crying.

Man, ain't that the truth. And the truth hurts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bolded is my opinion.
It's the Front Office and it's the evaluations and player development at the big league level.

I admit, that was a very good post. Let's see more of that. :suds:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might have quoted the wrong post of mine to support your point (which I think is that there were indicators Cruz would have the 2014 that he did). But honestly, it's all just conjecture at this point. Cruz didn't sign here, and everything after that is just all of us playing armchair GM.

Oh, sorry about that. My bad. But it was something I did not know until I ran the numbers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the blame game will begin ... it was the rangers, it was the angels ... it was his WIFE!! ... lol

I will cast a vote for the wife. HA! Just a thought. Can she still be on Real Housewives of Orange County if she is not a housewife? Not a serious thought of course.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cast a vote for the wife. HA! Just a thought. Can she still be on Real Housewives of Orange County if she is not a housewife? Not a serious thought of course.
In the Evan Grant piece it mentioned she already left the show.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on one of the radio shows today that Hamilton's wife's dad, is a motivational speaker and real positive thinker. I guess, duh goes here. But anyway, whomever I was listening too felt, at least initially, she was a great and positive influence on Hamilton's life.

But money changes some people, and it does seem - from the outside looking in - she may have taken a really sad/bad turn. Or it could be, she just got wore out with baby-sitting an adult 24/7 for the last X # of years.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Neither deciding whether Hamilton's wife gets the china or what offers were made or not made to Cruz are relevant to this season. Focus. We have just filled two pages worth of data that will live forever in a cloud someplace.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on one of the radio shows today that Hamilton's wife's dad, is a motivational speaker and real positive thinker. I guess, duh goes here. But anyway, whomever I was listening too felt, at least initially, she was a great and positive influence on Hamilton's life.

But money changes some people, and it does seem - from the outside looking in - she may have taken a really sad/bad turn. Or it could be, she just got wore out with baby-sitting an adult 24/7 for the last X # of years.

Ever read his book?
Her dad was a former addict himself. In his book, he mentions his wife being positive, etc etc etc.

That said, he filed. Not her. Accuses her of cheating, etc.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither deciding whether Hamilton's wife gets the china or what offers were made or not made to Cruz are relevant to this season. Focus. We have just filled two pages worth of data that will live forever in a cloud someplace.
Thinking the same thing earlier. What difference does any of it make now?:2cents: