• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers take on last place Mariners

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of odd to me that all everyone wants to discuss is Nelson Cruz. I posted some very good news about an upper level prospect who has seemingly turned a corner and about another one in the lower levels who has come out of the gate smoking and yet no one commented on it. Nick Williams and possibly even Luke Tendler will be much more important to this team in the future than Cruz would have been for one year here. Williams could be here as early as late this year with the way he has changed his approach.

I certainly don't mind disagreements and even arguments, but sometimes it sees like we like to argue about the Rangers more than we like to discuss them and their future.

Started because people weren't happy and then it lead to us being chastised for not blaming Jon Daniels enough.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of odd to me that all everyone wants to discuss is Nelson Cruz. I posted some very good news about an upper level prospect who has seemingly turned a corner and about another one in the lower levels who has come out of the gate smoking and yet no one commented on it. Nick Williams and possibly even Luke Tendler will be much more important to this team in the future than Cruz would have been for one year here. Williams could be here as early as late this year with the way he has changed his approach.

I certainly don't mind disagreements and even arguments, but sometimes it seems like we like to argue about the Rangers more than we like to discuss them and their future.

My only argument is that you're presenting your POV as fact with no more evidence than those with the opposing view point have. I have zero doubt that there was no offer extended after Choo was signed. Giving him the number 17 spoke loud and clear his intentions at that point.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that a boy romero...point that finger and call foul.

NOW that's typical

Like I said. All you do is shit all over the board. You contribute nothing of value. Sorry you have no response to me calling you on your BS.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only argument is that you're presenting your POV as fact with no more evidence than those with the opposing view point have. I have zero doubt that there was no offer extended after Choo was signed. Giving him the number 17 spoke loud and clear his intentions at that point.
Well, I based my POV on facts as I read them at the time and I backed it up with a story about JD saying pretty much what I had been claiming all along, that we didn't offer Cruz anything once his price went down.

But, my last post wasn't so much about everyone getting along and not arguing. It was about how we seem to much more inclined to argue than to discuss something much more important.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I based my POV on facts as I read them at the time and I backed it up with a story about JD saying pretty much what I had been claiming all along, that we didn't offer Cruz anything once his price went down.

But, my last post wasn't so much about everyone getting along and not arguing. It was about how we seem to much more inclined to argue than to discuss something much more important.

Well maybe we should all agree to put the "we should've signed Cruz" posts to rest. They're really getting tiresome and only lead to disagreements.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. All you do is shit all over the board. You contribute nothing of value. Sorry you have no response to me calling you on your BS.
more of your selective reading is all I can say. Only thing typical was you slamming every post I made today cause it goes against your opinion. You don't have to respond when I post but make no mistake, I won't roll over to your insults. Your choice.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started because people weren't happy and then it lead to us being chastised for not blaming Jon Daniels enough.
I didn't chastise anyone. I only said there are some fans who never place any significant blame on JD's shoulders. But then again, my post wasn't trying to place blame on the arguing. I have nothing wrong with arguments when they are kept civil. I was saying in my last post that there seems to be other more important things to discuss and yet some still would prefer to argue about a player who was only going to be here one year when we were miserable.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than the games themselves, which really leave a lot to be desired, what much is there to discuss? It's another lost season where you find joy where you can. That sort of state of affairs leads to bickering and discontent.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't chastise anyone. I only said there are some fans who never place any significant blame on JD's shoulders. But then again, my post wasn't trying to place blame on the arguing. I have nothing wrong with arguments when they are kept civil. I was saying in my last post that there seems to be other more important things to discuss and yet some still would prefer to argue about a player who was only going to be here one year when we were miserable.

No one claimed you did.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more of your selective reading is all I can say. Only thing typical was you slamming every post I made today cause it goes against your opinion. You don't have to respond when I post but make no mistake, I won't roll over to your insults. Your choice.

Wrong. I slammed your posts because I think they contribute absolutely nothing to the board, and all you do here is stir shit up. You're a shitty poster who contributes nothing here. That's why I slam your posts.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one claimed you did.
Okay, fair enough then. I thought you implied that I did, but I was wrong to do so. Thanks for clearing that up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the games themselves, which really leave a lot to be desired, what much is there to discuss? It's another lost season where you find joy where you can. That sort of state of affairs leads to bickering and discontent.
I guess I look at it differently then. I look to see what our minor leaguers are doing on a regular basis and when I read about guys like Williams making significant strides it gets me excited for the future. I have been looking towards 2017 for awhile though so maybe I have already resigned myself to this year not being a good one.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at it differently then. I look to see what our minor leaguers are doing on a regular basis and when I read about guys like Williams making significant strides it gets me excited for the future. I have been looking towards 2017 for awhile though so maybe I have already resigned myself to this year not being a good one.

I agree that the minors are worth talking about, but that talk gets lost when an argument is brewing. There are 7 potential major league caliber players that should make appearances on or before 2017. That is a very exciting thing for the future. If all 7 could contribute in meaningful ways then Texas has a bright future.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. I slammed your posts because I think they contribute absolutely nothing to the board, and all you do here is stir shit up. You're a shitty poster who contributes nothing here. That's why I slam your posts.
that is your opinion and you're wrong.

It's always good to make oneself king of what is worthy and it's no shock you've done that here.

read the second post today...wastin had no issue and thought the point was valid.
BUT YOU SAY NO VALUE...as if that makes it a fact, LOL at you little buddy.

Hopefully your fantasy team remains in contention this year. Your quitting and whining about the rules after the fact were also expected.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is your opinion and you're wrong.

It's always good to make oneself king of what is worthy and it's no shock you've done that here.

read the second post today...wastin had no issue and thought the point was valid.
BUT YOU SAY NO VALUE...as if that makes it a fact, LOL at you little buddy.

Hopefully your fantasy team remains in contention this year. Your quitting and whining about the rules after the fact were also expected.

Like I said. Nothing but personal attacks. You are a worthless poster. Keep up that shit and you won't be posting long.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tied his career high with 159 games played (only done once before, and over 30 games higher than his next highest total).

Set a new career high in the follow categories: plate appearances, at-bats, runs, hits, home runs, RBI, walks, and total bases.

Statistically speaking, Cruz's 2014 blew his track record out of the fucking water.

Actually that is not completely accurate. In 2013 when he had just 456 ABs because of his suspension he homered in 5.92% of his ABs and in 2014 it was in 5.90% ABs. So he was on par in 2013 for those results as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have ignored the part where I said it would have been a great deal for us if Cruz had come in here and hit 25-30 HRs. His season may have blown his track record out of the water, but what difference does that make. I was willing to sign him based on the track record. I didn't wait to see what he did last year and then decide it was a mistake to not go after him. None of what I have said about it being a mistake has anything to do with his numbers he put up in 2014.

I always liked Cruz and wanted to keep him. And that is not my complaint from yesterday. Even when he took a lot of grief for the game 6 fiasco I layed off of that because there were so many other things that attributed to what happened in that game as well. If not for Cruz we probably do not make it past the Tigers. He was a good teammate and did a lot for the successful teams we had here and I thought his deficiency to go straight back towards the wall were far outnumbered by his bat, arm and play in RF otherwise.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. Nothing but personal attacks. You are a worthless poster. Keep up that shit and you won't be posting long.
and again you point that finger of yours for me returning serve to what you're doing to me. I don't post here all that often and if you'd sit your ass down I'd most likely be gone by now.

stop the billy bad boy act while playing the victim card. That's pathetic even for you.
I'd say it makes you look small but I know you're just playing to your strengths.