• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Gregory Appreciation Thread

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the biggest free agent bust Denver has ever signed, but he’s up there.

Also very odd to just outright release him and not try to find a trade partner unless we tried and no one wanted him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one of those players I keep mentioning about the losing culture and being ok with it.

Technically, wish we had just played out this year with him but I don't really care either.

I should have never wasted my time getting his jersey when we first signed him. ;)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the biggest free agent bust Denver has ever signed, but he’s up there.

Also very odd to just outright release him and not try to find a trade partner unless we tried and no one wanted him.
The cap hit is going to be pretty bad on this I think.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap hit is going to be pretty bad on this I think.

That is what I am thinking too. Not sure how it is set up. Maybe it gets a little better after this year so maybe this year doesn't matter so much because we were banking on it anyway? Not sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if he will go back to Dallas.

JC Jackson traded back to the Patriots today.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper and Bonitto are playing well.. Browning should be back in a few weeks. From a player standpoint this isn't a big deal to me, Gregory wasn't giving us much... Financially it sucks but sometimes you just have to bit the bullet. I am not really bothered by how it impacts our cap this year but rather the years going forward. Would be interested to see how that works.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean on the bright side it’s good that we have such confidence in Bonito that we can release Gregory despite his large cap hit.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper and Bonitto are playing well.. Browning should be back in a few weeks. From a player standpoint this isn't a big deal to me, Gregory wasn't giving us much... Financially it sucks but sometimes you just have to bit the bullet. I am not really bothered by how it impacts our cap this year but rather the years going forward. Would be interested to see how that works.
I probably don’t understand the cap nearly as much as I thought I did, but isn’t dead cap something you just pay a shit ton for that year and then you’re free from the contract?

I remember people talking about how bad it would be to release Wilson the year we did, but how it would only hurt for one year but maybe that was a different scenario.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Browning to stay healthy, Bonitto and Cooper to play consistent we are going to be good from a player standpoint. Bonitto has been our most consistent pass rusher. All 3 have offered more then Gregory.

Thomas Incoom should have a role now until Browning gets back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel like Gregory is one of the key players when talking about flipping this culture around. I know he wasn't here as long as some of the others but I feel his time here was not going to be past this year anyway.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean on the bright side it’s good that we have such confidence in Bonito that we can release Gregory despite his large cap hit.
I don’t think confidence has anything to do with it. Gregory sucks, plain and simple. He was a big signing guy and contributed nothing to the team. Probably a good statement to send to the rest of the freeloaders on our team to get their together.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think confidence has anything to do with it. Gregory sucks, plain and simple. He was a big signing guy and contributed nothing to the team. Probably a good statement to send to the rest of the freeloaders on our team to get their together.
I mean it’s a lot easier to release a guy when the person who replaced him is top 10 in the league in sacks. If Bonitto was a bust Gregory would’ve never been replaced and then asked for his release.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First thing I thought about with Bassey and Gregory being cut (and I know Gregory requested his) but a call to other members of the D. Bassey is a guy who has been here a few years now and had a good PS but was a HUGE reason why our D struggled the first 3 weeks. Gregory wasn't doing anything, lost his starting job. Wake up call to others? I think so.

If it weren't for Gregory's cap hit he would have been an easy call on the "Wake up" message to others once he requested his release it probably made it easier. The only reason we would have kept him was due to the cap hit. We do have the luxury that our best pass rushers are still on rookie contracts.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory wasn't getting any pressure and wasn't setting the edge either so really brought nothing to the table. I don't think Bonito is very good in run D yet, but at least he is getting some pressure or capitalizing on the other teams mistakes, non of which Gregory was doing. We should have never signed Gregory, but hey it is what it is at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not that bad going forward.

This goes back to when I was saying he was nearly a slam dunk release after this year barring a huge turn around for him. So it really doesn't cost us much this year because he is doing us no good. It's a cap hit this year but might as well get rid of his lifeless football ass knowing next year it will free up money.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before anyone says anything, the other two people we could’ve had that year are Chandler Jones, who something is clearly wrong with and Von Miller, who has missed about as many games as Gregory the past year and a half.

So essentially, we could’ve paid Gregory to suck, Jones to be unreliable, or Von to never play.