• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random trade thought...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours have it the 76ers are trying to trade Okafor.

How about trade him for Lou Williams?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours have it the 76ers are trying to trade Okafor.

How about trade him for Lou Williams?

They won't go for that. The Lakers would have to give up their #2. I don't the Lakers have much interest in him anymore. They passed up the chance to draft him. I think they understand that they need a center that can play defense. I'm hoping someone like Hammons is available at #32. Could be a good fit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't go for that. The Lakers would have to give up their #2. I don't the Lakers have much interest in him anymore. They passed up the chance to draft him. I think they understand that they need a center that can play defense. I'm hoping someone like Hammons is available at #32. Could be a good fit.

I don't think it would take as much as the #2 pick to get Okafor. They need guards and they need experience. Lou for Okafor trade is a lot fairer than you might think.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this trade....

Assuming Phil Jackson likes Simmons and he falls to the Lakers at #2, Simmons for Porzingas. This gives NY a potential superstar to build around. This gives LA the ideal center to fit with the current roster and the new coach. With Porzingas' ability to spread the floor and play defense, he would fit perfectly alongside Randle.

PG: Russell
SG: Clarkson
SF: Durant (I can dream right?)
PF: Randle
C: Porzingas

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this trade....

Assuming Phil Jackson likes Simmons and he falls to the Lakers at #2, Simmons for Porzingas. This gives NY a potential superstar to build around. This gives LA the ideal center to fit with the current roster and the new coach. With Porzingas' ability to spread the floor and play defense, he would fit perfectly alongside Randle.

SF: Durant (I can dream right?)
C: Porzingas

I don't see a Porzingis trade happening, even for Simmons and I think Durant stays in OKC. However, assuming the Simmons/Porzingis trade were to happen, how's this look?

SF: DeRozan
C: Porzingis

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a Porzingis trade happening, even for Simmons and I think Durant stays in OKC. However, assuming the Simmons/Porzingis trade were to happen, how's this look?

I thought something looked wrong with my spelling. Porzingis likely wouldn't be a big enough draw for Durant. He does seem to like him though calling him a unicorn after one of their regular season games. I'd like to see a better defender at the 3 than DeRozan with that lineup.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers want to get into the max contract realm, don't waste a lot of time with Durant. Just do their best to sign Whiteside!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers want to get into the max contract realm, don't waste a lot of time with Durant. Just do their best to sign Whiteside!

I agree. Obviously, they have to make a run at Durant because ya never know, especially if the Thunder don't win a title this year.

Fortunately, because of the amount of cap space they will have to work with, they can still focus a lot of time, energy and money on Whiteside while still pursuing Durant and waiting on his decision.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would take as much as the #2 pick to get Okafor. They need guards and they need experience. Lou for Okafor trade is a lot fairer than you might think.

If they're stupid enough to do that trade then great!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers aren't going any where any way - so it's not like they need a center to win the 30 games they will be looking for. Forgive me for being realistic, but I say hang on to all of your picks and wait - Cousins is going tire of Sacramento sooner or later and want out of that cow town

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers aren't going any where any way - so it's not like they need a center to win the 30 games they will be looking for. Forgive me for being realistic, but I say hang on to all of your picks and wait - Cousins is going tire of Sacramento sooner or later and want out of that cow town

:L
Wtf are you talking about? There are a lot of directions the Lakers can go. Some that will have them staying the course and some that could turn them around quickly. Depends on who they can attract in FA and what they are offered for the pick.

They are going to have $65 million is cap space and that #2 pick is a great trade asset if they get the right return.

It's literally going to be the most wide open off season the Lakers have had in the 20 years since they got Shaq and Kobe in the same off season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
Wtf are you talking about? There are a lot of directions the Lakers can go. Some that will have them staying the course and some that could turn them around quickly. Depends on who they can attract in FA and what they are offered for the pick.

They are going to have $65 million is cap space and that #2 pick is a great trade asset if they get the right return.

It's literally going to be the most wide open off season the Lakers have had in the 20 years since they got Shaq and Kobe in the same off season.
That's kind of my point - I would wait and see what they can get in free agency - Even if they don't get that center they want. I agree that we need a good center to win more games and get to the finals - but I don't think It's priority. I think keeping and developing our talent for one more year will give us a lot more to bargain with. We don't need to give our second pick for Porzingas. imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said the Lakers aren't going anywhere - I was talking as in the playoffs - so the need to develop a championship center immediately is not needed. It is something that can wait. Now if they get some nice free agents and suddenly they need that center to be in the playoffs - then hell yes you trade, but not until you got something of quality signed first

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point - I would wait and see what they can get in free agency - Even if they don't get that center they want. I agree that we need a good center to win more games and get to the finals - but I don't think It's priority. I think keeping and developing our talent for one more year will give us a lot more to bargain with. We don't need to give our second pick for Porzingas. imo

Again, what you do with the pick depends on what is offered. Porzingis for Simmons is just an example that someone used. Mitch will listen to all offers and if one makes sense, he'll probably jump on it.

They can also make the pick, see what happens in FA and then see what offers they get for Simmons/Ingram. Similar to what the Cavs did 2 years ago when they drafted Wiggins and then traded him for Love.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said the Lakers aren't going anywhere - I was talking as in the playoffs - so the need to develop a championship center immediately is not needed. It is something that can wait. Now if they get some nice free agents and suddenly they need that center to be in the playoffs - then hell yes you trade, but not until you got something of quality signed first

We don't know if the playoffs will be a possibility or not. With the money the Lakers have to spend in FA, they can turn it around very quickly. The Cavs went from the lottery to the finals in 1 off season. I'm not saying that will happen for the Lakers. But it shows how dramatically things can change from getting the right FA and having tradeable assets.

Regardless of what happens, I expect they will be improved next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that - I just think it's too early to be making trades. You make trades after you have signed some one to brag about. The Lakers will have much to brag about next year with or without acquisitions. We will want a nice center but we don't need him yet

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what you do with the pick depends on what is offered. Porzingis for Simmons is just an example that someone used. Mitch will listen to all offers and if one makes sense, he'll probably jump on it.

They can also make the pick, see what happens in FA and then see what offers they get for Simmons/Ingram. Similar to what the Cavs did 2 years ago when they drafted Wiggins and then traded him for Love.
I understand that - but I would still wait until after the first few weeks of free agency and see what we can sign. I think right now is too early to determine that kind of trade. I think the Lakers have other priorities.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that - but I would still wait until after the first few weeks of free agency and see what we can sign. I think right now is too early to determine that kind of trade. I think the Lakers have other priorities.

:L They have no choice but to wait a few weeks. They literally can't do anything right now except field some phone calls and I don't even know if they're allowed to do that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L They have no choice but to wait a few weeks. They literally can't do anything right now except field some phone calls and I don't even know if they're allowed to do that.
Well this thread is talking about the trade now - So that's what I am going by - Right now I'm thinking I'd rather wait and see what happens.