• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Rodgers have been that much better than Ben on the postseason?
So when the Cardinals played the Steelers in the Super Bowl, their strategy was to try and make Ben win it because he stunk so much against the Seahawks.

Im convinced people who think they're on the same level are trolling. Big Ben was a good QB and had a great career. The highest Big Ben ever got in the NFL top 100 is the 18th best player in the NFL. He didnt have the same level of respect from the players at all.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the Cardinals played the Steelers in the Super Bowl, their strategy was to try and make Ben win it because he stunk so much against the Seahawks.

Im convinced people who think they're on the same level are trolling. Big Ben was a good QB and had a great career. The highest Big Ben ever got in the NFL top 100 is the 18th best player in the NFL. He didnt have the same level of respect from the players at all.

Okay, that speaks to the perception around the league of Ben, but it doesn’t speak to what Ben actually accomplished on the field.

What Ben was able to do on Sundays stacks up very comparably to Aaron. What makes Rodgers that much better?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that speaks to the perception around the league of Ben, but it doesn’t speak to what Ben actually accomplished on the field.

What Ben was able to do on Sundays stacks up very comparably to Aaron. What makes Rodgers that much better?
Its very tricky to measure accomplishments. There are definitely some clutch elements to Big Ben's game. That said, historically Aaron Rodgers was much better at taking care of the football and scoring. Comparing TD to INT ratio is very telling. Maybe you could argue that the TD% doesnt matter much because the Steelers can just run it in but Big Ben was almost twice as likely to throw an INT on each attempt relative to Rodgers.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was better then Roethlisberger. He was also paid more than Roethlisberger, so there was less money to spend on the defense. Come from behind wins are generally more prevalent when a good offense/good QB under-performs or is overly conservative in the 1st 3 quarters. That wasn't Rodgers' style.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought he wasn't already retired :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was better then Roethlisberger. He was also paid more than Roethlisberger, so there was less money to spend on the defense. Come from behind wins are generally more prevalent when a good offense/good QB under-performs or is overly conservative in the 1st 3 quarters. That wasn't Rodgers' style.
I do think its fair to suggest that Rodgers underachieved. I know the Steelers had massive issues with New England once their defense got older. (Didn't stop the Steelers from embarrassing the Chiefs with their offense in that era). I might be talking about of my butt here a bit but once the Packers oline faced a dline that was better the value of Rodgers almost instantly vanished. When you have an MVP level QB, he needs to be able to play with an average OL or an average D. Obviously if you are missing both then you aren't winning squat with or without a top QB.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of feeling old,

the first player on that list, Mack, went to high school about a mile from where I live, and we attended the same University.

Mack was born more than 10 years after I graduated from college. They didn't even have a football team when I was there.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good thing if the review doesn't take forever.
If I understand what they're doing, it should be essentially instant.
The computer will tell them whether or not the yard marker was reached.

This is long, long, overdue. Using a chain between two sticks is literally stone age.