• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Lamar gets hurt. Regular season Lsmar is a good player that carries the Ravens.

The earliest game he has missed was 11/21. The rest were 12/11 or later (5 of the 14 in January). 14 games out of 106.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The earliest game he has missed was 11/21. The rest were 12/11 or later (5 of the 14 in January). 14 games out of 106.
This season he could get hurt in the preseason, game 3, game 6. Injuries don't go by timelines just bad luck

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season he could get hurt in the preseason, game 3, game 6. Injuries don't go by timelines just bad luck

So could Mahomes

That isn't the NFLs concern with scheduling this game, it's just marketing.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So could Mahomes

That isn't the NFLs concern with scheduling this game, it's just marketing.
Thus my original point, it could be a mlre meaningless game later in the season

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Lamar gets hurt. Regular season Lsmar is a good player that carries the Ravens.

Ravens are not gonna be as good without MacDonald... that guy got a ton out of pretty average defensive players. Ravens are a first round playoff exit IMO. Lamar will beat up on the crappy teams during the regular season to get enough wins next year to make it, but then do nothing like he typically does in the playoffs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are not gonna be as good without MacDonald... that guy got a ton out of pretty average defensive players. Ravens are a first round playoff exit IMO. Lamar will beat up on the crappy teams during the regular season to get enough wins next year to make it, but then do nothing like he typically does in the playoffs.
I think the Ravens defense will be weaker as well - their pass rush looks iffy and their front 7 looks kind of thin. The Ravens are in a very tough division - the Browns are very talented, I think the Bengals will have a bounce back year with a healthy Burrow and the Steelers are always competitive. Their offense should be good provided Lamar stays healthy, but their defense will need some guys to step up their game to the next level.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens defense will be weaker as well - their pass rush looks iffy and their front 7 looks kind of thin. The Ravens are in a very tough division - the Browns are very talented, I think the Bengals will have a bounce back year with a healthy Burrow and the Steelers are always competitive. Their offense should be good provided Lamar stays healthy, but their defense will need some guys to step up their game to the next level.

Yah, lot of big ifs with the Ravens. And Lamar nearing 28... dunno how much longer he'll be able to do it. I thought he'd fall off way faster than he did so I will eat crow on that one.

Shifting to the NFC for a minute, I'm very curious to see what your Falcons are gonna do. You guys had one of the most baffling drafts I've seen in recent years but sometimes that actually works out... time will tell. I wonder if Ridder is being shopped for 2025 picks at this point lol.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, lot of big ifs with the Ravens. And Lamar nearing 28... dunno how much longer he'll be able to do it. I thought he'd fall off way faster than he did so I will eat crow on that one.

Shifting to the NFC for a minute, I'm very curious to see what your Falcons are gonna do. You guys had one of the most baffling drafts I've seen in recent years but sometimes that actually works out... time will tell. I wonder if Ridder is being shopped for 2025 picks at this point lol.
Ridder was traded to the Cards in exchange for Rondale Moore, so I’m not sure what you mean about him being shopped for draft picks?
This is the most excited I’ve been about the Falcons in several years - getting Cousins gives us stability at QB, our offense should be strong. The pass rush is still kind of a question mark - we’ll need more production from guys like Ebiketie and Harrison and hopefully rookie Bralen Trice will contribute to the edge rush. The secondary and LB units look pretty good. I think we should be the favorites to win the NFC South, and we are definitely a playoff caliber team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridder was traded to the Cards in exchange for Rondale Moore, so I’m not sure what you mean about him being shopped for draft picks?
This is the most excited I’ve been about the Falcons in several years - getting Cousins gives us stability at QB, our offense should be strong. The pass rush is still kind of a question mark - we’ll need more production from guys like Ebiketie and Harrison and hopefully rookie Bralen Trice will contribute to the edge rush. The secondary and LB units look pretty good. I think we should be the favorites to win the NFC South, and we are definitely a playoff caliber team.

Oh he was already traded? lol, okay - I completely missed that or more likely forgot about it lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Xeliou66 also - to your point I think Atlanta is absolutely the favorite to win the division.... If they lose out to someone else I think that's a major disappointment. Good WR, TE, RB, OL, QB.. and average defense which is enough this day and age. I think that's why a lot of people were surprised you guys took Penix instead of Latu or Murphy to immediately bolster the defense.

I will be taking a bit of an interest in the Falcons this year though because you guys took so many Pac12 players.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Xeliou66 also - to your point I think Atlanta is absolutely the favorite to win the division.... If they lose out to someone else I think that's a major disappointment. Good WR, TE, RB, OL, QB.. and average defense which is enough this day and age. I think that's why a lot of people were surprised you guys took Penix instead of Latu or Murphy to immediately bolster the defense.

I will be taking a bit of an interest in the Falcons this year though because you guys took so many Pac12 players.
Yeah the Penix pick was surprising because the Falcons have a QB and their pass rush could use some help, but I understand the logic of taking Penix to be the franchise QB of the future, Cousins is aging and the Falcons may not be picking very high in future drafts.
The Falcons should have a very good offense if everyone stays healthy, and the defense is decent enough. We have the most complete team in the NFC South on paper.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Penix pick was surprising because the Falcons have a QB and their pass rush could use some help, but I understand the logic of taking Penix to be the franchise QB of the future, Cousins is aging and the Falcons may not be picking very high in future drafts.
The Falcons should have a very good offense if everyone stays healthy, and the defense is decent enough. We have the most complete team in the NFC South on paper.

They added plenty of DL help the next 3 picks; they made sure to emphasize that after getting their QB of the future.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love when I hear OL are working out in these offseason programs. I think it really helps them. Some of the benefit may just be as simple as keeping guys in shape in the offseason, but it still makes me happy to hear it. Big Duke seems to just be a step above.