• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A college football coach told The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman that Michael Penix has the “elite arm talent” in the 2024 quarterback class.
...dude has a cannon, can make every throw..yada yada..cliche, after cliche, after cliche.. The people around him didn’t even faze him.” The coach added that Penix’s ability to manipulate defenses is “high-level stuff.”

So, Mr. Anonymous college football coach, care to explain how that's the case when he faced exactly ONE top 30 defense the entire year and looked like absolute crap in doing so?? He was certainly phased by the people around him (pass rushers), and he manipulated virtually NO ONE. Barely above %50 completions, 2 to 1 INT to TD's, and exactly one completion longer than 16 yards.

I would be VERY cautious about this kid. There's a big reason why he isn't in the discussion with the other top 3-4 guys, and it ain't just his medicals. he has built a very impressive stat sheet against some of the very worst Div. 1 defenses out there, and has wilted the very few times he played against anyone that provided a little defensive pushback.

The quality of opponents is a charge made against anyone outside the SEC it seems like. Doesn't Texas with Murphy and Sweat count as a good defense? Caleb Williams playing in the same conference is going #1 with similar opponents, so the quality of the opponents isn't why Penix isn't top rated up with the top 3. Penix is downgraded because he's doesn't make things happen with his legs and then the injuries which were pretty serious while the top three can not only throw the ball but can run it and been healthy in college.

All I can tell you is that if you watched the Washington/Texas game in the college football playoff Penix looked like the best quarterback in the nation in that game. He made some absolutely crazy accurate throws. However, against Michigan he looked mediocre at best missing a lot of throws that he should have made, so what does that mean for his draft stock. I have no idea and I'm glad I don't have to make a decision on him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can tell you is that if you watched the Washington/Texas game in the college football playoff Penix looked like the best quarterback in the nation in that game. He made some absolutely crazy accurate throws. However, against Michigan he looked mediocre at best missing a lot of throws that he should have made, so what does that mean for his draft stock. I have no idea and I'm glad I don't have to make a decision on him.

everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

Michigan got to him, Texas couldn't.

I'd guess that's a big red flag for nfl teams if you're qb can't play well after taking some hits in a game

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he fight that dude yet?
Jake Paul? I do believe that's in July??

I hope he gets that one good shot in that just rattles his teeth all the way to his lower spine. Doesn't have to win or knock him out, but i wanna see that guy take a real shot form a real boxer. Just hope 'Iron Mike' isn't 'Rusted out Mike'

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Paul? I do believe that's in July??

I hope he gets that one good shot in that just rattles his teeth all the way to his lower spine. Doesn't have to win or knock him out, but i wanna see that guy take a real shot form a real boxer. Just hope 'Iron Mike' isn't 'Rusted out Mike'
From what I know about Jake Paul, he is an amazing asshole.

That said, Iron Mike is what, 59 years old?

Ok, yeah. Get a good shot in for us oldtimers, Mike!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't these dudes do the draft like we do?

Bears take Caleb Williams, Commanders OTC

Ain't nothing gonna change between now and draft day, let's go
I really, really hope the Bears trade that pick, or take Caleb and trade him. Bad fit IMO, so it's bad for the league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A college football coach told The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman that Michael Penix has the “elite arm talent” in the 2024 quarterback class.
...dude has a cannon, can make every throw..yada yada..cliche, after cliche, after cliche.. The people around him didn’t even faze him.” The coach added that Penix’s ability to manipulate defenses is “high-level stuff.”

So, Mr. Anonymous college football coach, care to explain how that's the case when he faced exactly ONE top 30 defense the entire year and looked like absolute crap in doing so?? He was certainly phased by the people around him (pass rushers), and he manipulated virtually NO ONE. Barely above %50 completions, 2 to 1 INT to TD's, and exactly one completion longer than 16 yards.

I would be VERY cautious about this kid. There's a big reason why he isn't in the discussion with the other top 3-4 guys, and it ain't just his medicals. he has built a very impressive stat sheet against some of the very worst Div. 1 defenses out there, and has wilted the very few times he played against anyone that provided a little defensive pushback.
I have a really tough time with Washington prospects. Its fairly similar to Tennessee last year with Hooker, Hyatt and Tillman except I do think the Washington prospects are better.

Washington ran a lot of stacks with three talented receivers. The defenses they ran against did not have the talent to deal with it. In a way, its schemed up like Purdy. It looks great in the scheme but how does it fair outside of the scheme?

There does seem to be a lot of drops on film and Penix throwing with anticipation to nobody because the receiver (often Polk) didn't get anywhere near the spot. Maybe I need to watch more film but that doesnt scream manipulation. Thats just assuming your guy will win and throwing it up there. Odunze is a stud. That I can tell. Penix to me often seems like he is just throwing to spots and trusting his receivers. I personally think he is QB6. Not totally writing him off but I think he is riskier than the other QBs.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass. ......
WFAA reports an arrest warrant has been issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice for his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash in Dallas in late March.
Rice faces six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault from the arrest warrant. He previously admitted to driving the Lamborghini involved in the multi-vehicle crash that took place on March 30th in Dallas

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass. ......
WFAA reports an arrest warrant has been issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice for his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash in Dallas in late March.
Rice faces six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault from the arrest warrant. He previously admitted to driving the Lamborghini involved in the multi-vehicle crash that took place on March 30th in Dallas
Aggravated assault?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggravated assault Texas-
"Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse"

The degree, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, typically depends on the severity of the injury.
Anyway you slice the final outcome, I'll be without his services for awhile next season in Bandit's league - the length of time is subjective at this point but surely it'll be in the 3-6 week range, perhaps more -- bummer for me. ... hopefully he learns his lesson and Andy is patient.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway you slice the final outcome, I'll be without his services for awhile next season in Bandit's league - the length of time is subjective at this point but surely it'll be in the 3-6 week range, perhaps more -- bummer for me. ... hopefully he learns his lesson and Andy is patient.
As another owner of Rashee, I think Goodell should bring the hammer down now that he's admitted his involvement and suspend him for 17 weeks. Starting this week, so he really learns his lesson.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As another owner of Rashee, I think Goodell should bring the hammer down now that he's admitted his involvement and suspend him for 17 weeks. Starting this week, so he really learns his lesson.
5d7dfeaf-530b-406d-af9c-7942c2a13525_text.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that the vast majority of 'reputable' mock draft people seem to be projecting X. Worthy exclusively to KC, some even predicting a trade up to select him before some other, more 'surefire' 1st round talents.

So is everyone just forgetting the whole Mecole Hardman pick? Do we really think Andy Reid didn't learn anything from that? maybe X. Worthy is more than just pure blistering speed, but if he were significantly more than just speed, he'd be being discussed with Harrison and Nabors.

I think this is much more of a case of analysts hoping to 'manifest' want they think they'd like to see, not what might have any roots what realistically might happen

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that the vast majority of 'reputable' mock draft people seem to be projecting X. Worthy exclusively to KC, some even predicting a trade up to select him before some other, more 'surefire' 1st round talents.

So is everyone just forgetting the whole Mecole Hardman pick? Do we really think Andy Reid didn't learn anything from that? maybe X. Worthy is more than just pure blistering speed, but if he were significantly more than just speed, he'd be being discussed with Harrison and Nabors.

I think this is much more of a case of analysts hoping to 'manifest' want they think they'd like to see, not what might have any roots what realistically might happen

I'd guess chiefs go OL at pick 32 then move up in the 2nd if there's a WR they like

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been doing some catching up on current team situations.

All I can say is Bobby Slowik must be walking around with a perpetual boner.