• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.4

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guessing these are reprints . . . making them worthless'
Looked legit to me. F*cking old as hell and the last card stuck to the pack. Plus there was a stan musial puzzle piece in each one and old contest stuff on the inside of the packaging.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked legit to me. F*cking old as hell and the last card stuck to the pack. Plus there was a stan musial puzzle piece in each one and old contest stuff on the inside of the packaging.
the giveaway is that they're all top players. and that's not how it works. that's not how the originals were packed. you'd have guys in there you never heard of. i'm guessing somewhere on those cards it indicates they are reprints. if you really believe they're originals then send them to PSA and get them graded because you'd get 100 times (or more) your money back.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the giveaway is that they're all top players. and that's not how it works. that's not how the originals were packed. you'd have guys in there you never heard of. i'm guessing somewhere on those cards it indicates they are reprints. if you really believe they're originals then send them to PSA and get them graded because you'd get 100 times (or more) your money back.

Oh no...I opened 14 packs...I have a much larger pile of duds...I pulled out the good ones for the pictures.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a short anecdote on baseball cards. I have a brother 7 years younger than me and I trained him to be a baseball player. He became very good and was a top outfielder/pitcher for his California HS team which won the state championship. He played college ball and ended up drafted by the New York Yankees as a pitcher. He was drafted a few rounds ahead of Don Mattingly that year - and Mattingly got a huge signing bonus. I told my brother - he better let me be his agent for the baseball card negotiations. Then - my brother told me that he had already sold his rights for the bubblegum card. He sold his bubblegum card rights in low A ball.

Turns out the bubblegum guys go to A ball towns and hit the bars - and offer to buy their bubblegum rights - for the minor leaguers. My brother sold his card rights for $5.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm not mailing them anywhere...I bought them for fun, but if there is some sort of card that is valuable I'll put it in a sleeve etc.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a short anecdote on baseball cards. I have a brother 7 years younger than me and I trained him to be a baseball player. He became very good and was a top outfielder/pitcher for his California HS team which won the state championship. He played college ball and ended up drafted by the New York Yankees as a pitcher. He was drafted a few rounds ahead of Don Mattingly that year - and Mattingly got a huge signing bonus. I told my brother - he better let me be his agent for the baseball card negotiations. Then - my brother told me that he had already sold his rights for the bubblegum card. He sold his bubblegum card rights in low A ball.

Turns out the bubblegum guys go to A ball towns and hit the bars - and offer to buy their bubblegum rights - for the minor leaguers. My brother sold his card rights for $5.

Buy the rights back and give it to him as a birthday/Christmas gift.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy the rights back and give it to him as a birthday/Christmas gift.
He didn't make it to the majors - he's worthless to me. ;)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm not mailing them anywhere...I bought them for fun, but if there is some sort of card that is valuable I'll put it in a sleeve etc.
if you feel they're real then it's easy to check the potential value. put "PSA"; the manufacturer and date (these are 1990's); and player or card number in your browser and see what their current asking price is. for instance: a 1990 donruss bo jackson psa graded 10 is listed at $97.99.
a 1990 donruss ken griffey jr diamond kings card sold for over $900 in 2021.. these are cards in perfect condition and all yours look to be in perfect condition. perfect centering, perfect corners etc. good luck.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As proof Kopech's problems are in his head. He is sent to the bullpen - because he can't start a game without walking guys in the early innings. i say to myself - how's that going to work out of the bullpen - if he pitches wild? Kopech gets his late inning bullpen call yesterday and pitches a great inning of ball. Early proof - anyway - that if Kopech isn't worried about his pitch count or getting through 5 innings - he can pitch without his brain getting in the way.

Interesting - from what is described about new pitcher Drew Thorpe - he craves that starter role. He loves to be in command of the mound and winning the cat and mouse game with the hitter. They say his fastball isn't fast enough - I say this guy just wants to be like Mark Buehrle (certainly one of my lifetime favorite White Sox).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you feel they're real then it's easy to check the potential value. put "PSA"; the manufacturer and date (these are 1990's); and player or card number in your browser and see what their current asking price is. for instance: a 1990 donruss bo jackson psa graded 10 is listed at $97.99.
a 1990 donruss ken griffey jr diamond kings card sold for over $900 in 2021.. these are cards in perfect condition and all yours look to be in perfect condition. perfect centering, perfect corners etc. good luck.
I do that very process on eBay for coin collecting. It's fun - but it also educates you to the market value and forces.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't make it to the majors - he's worthless to me. ;)
That would make it even better. Buy them for a buck and get a receipt. Great gag gift.

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a lot of effort. Think I can convince some young person to do it for me if I say that can keep 1/2 the money from selling?

Joey Belle is my favorite.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a lot of effort. Think I can convince some young person to do it for me if I say that can keep 1/2 the money from selling?

Joey Belle is my favorite.
LOL - at that too

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's game and current ST record for the Sox might be a microcosm for this upcoming season. Reds beat the Good Guys today 3-1, doing so on just 3 hits, but two of them were dingers. Sox meanwhile get 10 hits, including 4 doubles, yet end up leaving 11 men on base. My guess is we're going to lose a lot of games in similar fashion this year. At the moment we're 8-17, which over a 162 game season translates to around 52 wins. Hopefully we won't fare that poorly, but this Spring does seem to present somewhat of a harbinger of things to come.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first predicted standings for the Central that I've seen this Spring. Hint: it's not pretty, but..........

.......they actually predict a better record for our boyz than most Sox fans are, including yours truly.

Season prediction: The truth is, a lot of the best-case scenario described above could take place, and the White Sox could still end up being the worst team in MLB.

Jesus Christ. LOL.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the take on the 2024 White Sox from their official website - but no set roster announcement:

All in all, the article makes for a good read. Love that Scott Merkin, the site's writer for the Sox, boldly predicts Andrew Vaughn will be an All-Star this season, but reminds us that he had Tim Anderson winning the AL MVP last year.......how did that work out?