• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Raiders @ Lions (IS THE SILVER AND BLACK BACK?)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember too many people chanting for Beckham though.

Gandy was spot on with his assessment that OBJ in Detroit would have been nothing more than a 3rd option outside of the down time CJ had and his gimpy decoy of 2 games. IMO, just because a player does x somewhere else doesn't mean he'd do the very exact same thing with the Lions, all JMHO. If you want proof of that go back and look at FA players who had great years, for 2-3 years, went somewhere else and the scheme didn't fit or that player wasn't what GM's thought they were. The same can be said for draft prospects as well. Some strike gold right out of the box while in a different system and many believe that same would have applied if player x was a Lion.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan and his cover up for the r*pe of a student wasn't going over so well for quite a few members on here and neither was his denial of curb stomping outside of a bar.

There is a big problem with feminism and r*pe culture in Canada and USA colleges nowadays. If you delve into the new wave of feminists in the western world. They are trying to say even if a girl consents but then doesn't after, it's considered r*pe. Or if a girl has a couple drinks and then has consenting sex, it could be considered r*pe cause she wasn't "thinking clearly".

The curb stomping? No way to get around that lol.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brown was such an easy pick to me. Picking that late. Suh just bolted. Fairley bolted. That line needed an infusion of young talent.

meh.. no disrespect to you Thunder but M. Brown was ranked in the 40's in both CBS and NFL.com and Espn even in late December 2014. I agree that he should have been the pick but shiny new toy GM had a ever-lasting penchant to improve that Offense any damn chance he could.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy was spot on with his assessment that OBJ in Detroit would have been nothing more than a 3rd option outside of the down time CJ had and his gimpy decoy of 2 games. IMO, just because a player does x somewhere else doesn't mean he'd do the very exact same thing with the Lions, all JMHO. If you want proof of that go back and look at FA players who had great years, for 2-3 years, went somewhere else and the scheme didn't fit or that player wasn't what GM's thought they were. The same can be said for draft prospects as well. Some strike gold right out of the box while in a different system and many believe that same would have applied if player x was a Lion.

I agree but the fact is OBJ is still a world class athlete with one of the best set of mitts in the NFL. A smart organization drafts him and plays 3 wide sets. Coaches who scheme to their players strengths, who would of thunk it?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you look back at Tomlinson's rotoworld's back dated blurbs. He was considered a day 3 pick. Then a middle round pick late in the season

the worst that I had seen Tomlinson ranked, even by early-mid November was 79th, by CBS. NFL.com had him in last 5 of Top 50 at that point

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh.. no disrespect to you Thunder but M. Brown was ranked in the 40's in both CBS and NFL.com and Espn even in late December 2014. I agree that he should have been the pick but shiny new toy GM had a ever-lasting penchant to improve that Offense any damn chance he could.

I remember Mayock saying Brown was a 1st round pick "ALL DAY". Not saying Mayock is God or anything but he's the best the media has to offer.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst that I had seen Tomlinson ranked, even by early-mid November was 79th, by CBS. NFL.com had him in last 5 of Top 50 at that point

I understand. It's just hard for me to fathom taking a OG in the first when there are so many talented college LT's that could kick inside and be very good guards.

That and the fact that the defense lost both starting DT's, MLB that was on the wrong side of 30 and coming off major knee surgery and a 36 year old #2 CB.

Mini-Millen had zero vision of the future. He is like "Oh we had a good D last year, it should still be good next year".

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pick a fight but there is no way you can say you knew that hoodie would pick Tomlinson

not saying I knew Hoodie would pick him and didn't take it as you picking a fight but he has been know to use his late 1st round picks on O-Line. There were half a dozen reports/rumors that linked Tomlinson to N.E., that is all I was attempting to use or state. I posted them for Dr. Evil-er as he was of the same thought process. many of us in here use media analysts reports or mocks as evidence to the contrary. that's all I was attempting to do.

Look, I agree that Malcolm should have been the choice. I couldn't separate him or La'el Collins as my wanted guy. I got to the point where it was a couples weeks from the draft and figured neither would be available at #23. Then the week before the draft the news on La'el broke. I got off both of those players simply thinking they wouldn't be there.

I also am not one of those guys who thinks that a LB, LG, C, S can easily be had in 4th or 5th round. It all varies from year to year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder, you're making me tired. I've been on an excused absence and strength in fingers in waning fast.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also am not one of those guys who thinks that a LB, LG, C, S can easily be had in 4th or 5th round. It all varies from year to year.

Absolutely. If you look at NE offensive line. I haven't hear of any of those dudes. Still 10-0. Receivers and RB's are all below average. Hoodie actually spent a lot of high draft picks on defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A smart organization drafts him

you did say a smart organization, right ?

when has the Lions been a smart organization ?

just giving you something to think about mixed with some ribbing

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches who scheme to their players strengths, who would of thunk it?

another snafu in the Lions coaching department.

I would love to see that come to Detroit, any day now.

not being a smartass on my part either.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can YOU PLEASE slow the fuck down COT DAMMIT. I'm old, slow and dumb. Let me catch up.

Fuck it, type away. I'm going to smoke.

but do keep it flowing....... slooooooower... I am a GUMP

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Mayock saying Brown was a 1st round pick "ALL DAY

I don't have a problem with that. Their top 50 is mostly comprised by Gil Brandt. I'm known as Blue Brandt by one up in here...:pound::pound::pound: ... mistakenly known

memory of players names or their rankings at such a time only

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Mayock is God or anything but he's the best the media has to offer.

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah was a Scout under Ozzie and in Cleveland also, I believe.

I got no problem with Mayock. I take all those analysts thoughts and decipher what has been said to the best of my knowledge. that's all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard for me to fathom taking a OG in the first when there are so many talented college LT's that could kick inside and be very good guards.

Steeler's drafted DeCastro at #24, in 2012, right after Detroit was taking Reiff. I still think and believe until this day that Reiff would have been off as a RG replacing Peterman and could have excelled at that position than to see him at LT or even RT. That's just me and I'm not Gandy who's better at reading O-Lineman. Seriously, when he reviews game tape, he points out a LOT that is missed by others.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoodie actually spent a lot of high draft picks on defense

He also spent high picks on Solder and Marcus Cannon and I forgot the LG name who he sent packing in a trade to Tampa Bay last year who was pro-bowl for years. His name eludes my memory at the moment.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. If you look at NE offensive line. I haven't hear of any of those dudes. Still 10-0. Receivers and RB's are all below average. Hoodie actually spent a lot of high draft picks on defense.

Thunder, you're making me tired. I've been on an excused absence and strength in fingers in waning fast.

Damn YOU THUNDER... you make all these posts then you up and leave right when I was getting into a groove after a smoke break.....

:finger2: :finger2: :finger2:

:pissed:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also spent high picks on Solder and Marcus Cannon and I forgot the LG name who he sent packing in a trade to Tampa Bay last year who was pro-bowl for years. His name eludes my memory at the moment.

Logan Mankins.

Good reads by the way from both of you.