• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Raiders @ Lions (IS THE SILVER AND BLACK BACK?)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a resizing class you can take.

Not sure how many seats are available next semester. Or if either of us are casual enough to qualify.

So just how fucking casual does one have to be, in order to sit in on this class?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just how fucking casual does one have to be, in order to sit in on this class?

We're all registered as casuals already. The super fan left. Pretty sure the super fan figured out 11 wins from last season means not a frigging thing for following season. So he has that going for him. Whelp...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a resizing class you can take.

Not sure how many seats are available next semester. Or if either of us are casual enough to qualify.

On the off chance I ran into Shaq, didn't want to explain why I made him so small to appease Faxboy Bobby.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all registered as casuals already. The super fan left. Pretty sure the super fan figured out 11 wins from last season means not a frigging thing for following season. So he has that going for him. Whelp...

I was going to say.....

'Casual' is my Sunday best. Usually I'm 'frump' or 'hobo'.

Never 'sweats' though. I have more 'class' than that. :wash:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer, for sale or rent......

Somethin somethin fifteen cents....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wave:

Nope, I'm still here.

When you predict a 12-4 :L for 2015 season after having correctly predicted a 11-5 season in 2014, you know you're still a dumbass super fan.

Tough call there. I can't remember what record I predicted. 7-9 or 8-8 I think with the loss of Suh. Didn't expect Levy to be out all season though.

Also thought the running game would of been better with grabbing a couple O-lineman in the 1st, Abdullah in the 2nd, along with Waddle and Warford coming back from injury. I was dead wrong on that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember what record I predicted. 7-9 or 8-8 I think with the loss of Suh. Didn't expect Levy to be out all season though.

Oh, I so wanted to drop 3-4 wins off that dumbass prediction of mine once news came out on Levy and possibly 2-3 games missed by Ngata, Warford and Waddle. Calf strain, high ankle sprain and Knee surgery recovery.

I said screw it at that point. Why change when I was already wrong by the mere fact I was already concerned with the O-Line and how they would come together (they never did and won't this year). I did expect Stafford and that offense to be a helluva lot better than what it has displayed to date.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also thought the running game would of been better with grabbing a couple O-lineman in the 1st, Abdullah in the 2nd, along with Waddle and Warford coming back from injury. I was dead wrong on that.

so were a lot of us.

I still think Tomlinson can turn into a better than average player. It's his and Swanson's 1st year as full-time starters. Furthermore, Lombardi should have known to scale down the complexity of scheme from last year after having both Sims and Raiola stated how difficult it was to learn. That's when Caldwell should have stepped in and demanded the change, IMO.

BTW, I hated the Swanson pick. Sure, he was a CFB starting C since day 1 but he got his shit pushed in constantly while at Arkansas. disclaimer, I know nothing about college players and how they'd project to NFL ( proof is in my man-crush for wanting VanNoy and watching his performance in CFB over many a game).

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I hated the Swanson pick. Sure, he was a CFB starting C since day 1 but he got his shit pushed in constantly while at Arkansas. disclaimer, I know nothing about college players and how they'd project to NFL ( proof is in my man-crush for wanting VanNoy and watching his performance in CFB over many a game).

I think quite a few of us were wrong on Van Noy. We all knew he wasn't an elite athlete or anything but appeared to be a solid overall linebacker with good experience.

I didn't care for the Swanson pick either. Seemed like a reach at the time because Richburg went round 2 and Marcus Martin went right before and Mini-Millen panicked.

Tomlinson felt like just another reach to me. Some analysts like Mayock had round 2-3 grades on him. He should be a fine "starter" next year and thereafter but doesn't look like anything special at all.

Don't even want to open the can of worms on the Ebust pick. I wanted Lewan, I know a few wanted Donald. Some wanted Ha-Ha. I liked Mosely too but Levy and Tulloch were playing well so I wasn't pissed when we passed. Can't remember too many people chanting for Beckham though. Probably cause we already had Tate who had a pro bowl year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richburg went round 2

that was Gandy's pick. I loved that pick then and still would today..

Marcus Martin went right before and Mini-Millen panicked.

he was my guy I was heavily leaning to. he had 2 years at LG before the 1 year at C. It would have possibly been a two-4-one deal, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlinson felt like just another reach to me. Some analysts like Mayock had round 2-3 grades on him. He should be a fine "starter" next year and thereafter but doesn't look like anything special at all.

Hoodie could have very easily drafted him had he still been there. Once Detroit drafted Tomlinson, Hoodie drafted Malcolm Brown, who I liked a lot and wanted (right along with a half a dozen others) and he isn't doing much to date either.

Drafting Tomlinson wasn't a bad move, imo. Fans get upset when the player that the Lions drafted isn't an immediate impact player. look at GB's and N.E.'s picks over the last 4-6 years and you'll see quite a few that were slow to develop. All prospects are risks regardless and even Hoodie has had his fair share of draft prospects that take 2-3 years before they pan out or don't pan out at all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even want to open the can of worms on the Ebust pick. I wanted Lewan, I know a few wanted Donald.

not drafting Donald was an absolute dumbass move on my daddy's :pound:(Mayhew) part. He didn't pick up Fairley's 5th year option and he either knew or should have known that Suh would be difficult to re-sign. Donald should have been a NO-Brainer move only if you actually have a brain to work with. Daddy doesn't.

Lewan and his cover up for the r*pe of a student wasn't going over so well for quite a few members on here and neither was his denial of curb stomping outside of a bar.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoodie could have very easily drafted him had he still been there. Once Detroit drafted Tomlinson, Hoodie drafted Malcolm Brown, who I liked a lot and wanted (right along with a half a dozen others) and he isn't doing much to date either.

Malcolm Brown was such an easy pick to me. Picking that late. Suh just bolted. Fairley bolted. That line needed an infusion of young talent.

Brown was being hyped as a first round lock almost the entire college season while if you look back at Tomlinson's rotoworld's back dated blurbs. He was considered a day 3 pick. Then a middle round pick late in the season. All the way to first round? It's not like the dude went to the combine and tore it up. He tested as a below average athlete.

Not to pick a fight but there is no way you can say you knew that hoodie would pick Tomlinson. Did you have access to NE draft boards?