• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders have signed Dan Williams and Curtis Loften

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signings in my opinion. Will have to see the contracts as obviously a huge contract can negate a good signing some but both good veterans. Loften had a very down year this past year grading out as one of the worst ILB's in football but I would say some of that is the talent that was around him just being so chaotic. I expect a bit of a bounce back year. Won't wow anybody but will do his job.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks cd.. Williams is a BIG space eating NT that played on one of the best Ds in football.. 27 years old!!
I love it!! Lofton is another solid LB that had a down year like cd said.. But there is a reason why good players have down years.. And its not age, i think he's only 28?? Oh we also got some badazz BLOCKING TE Lee Smith from Bills!! Keep it going Reggie!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the Raiders have made one big time signing with Rodney Hudson and a bunch of good depth signings it looks like. Dan Williams is a good space eater. He does have an issue with conditioning and only played about 40% of all defensive snaps last year. Essentially he is a cheaper version of Knighton as I guess Knighton was none too impressed with the offer the Raiders made to him. I think he is realizing his market is not as big as he thought. He is wanting $8 million a year and the Raiders gave him an offer of $6 million a year.

Loften is a guy that adds good depth to the linebacker core. He is terrible in coverage but a good run stuffer. Looks like the Raiders are gearing up to stop the run with these two moves. I could see them though still add competition at the MLB position as Loften is more of a top gap type. Williams on the other hand is a guy that could be starting for the next 3-4 years.

Malcom Smith is the one intriguing signing that I am interested to see what the Raiders do with him. He has had a few shining moments in his career but has lacked consistency. If the Raiders can get him to consistently play up to his athleticism he could be a huge steal. If not then again another decent depth signing to back up Sio Moore.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the Raiders have made one big time signing with Rodney Hudson and a bunch of good depth signings it looks like. Dan Williams is a good space eater. He does have an issue with conditioning and only played about 40% of all defensive snaps last year. Essentially he is a cheaper version of Knighton as I guess Knighton was none too impressed with the offer the Raiders made to him. I think he is realizing his market is not as big as he thought. He is wanting $8 million a year and the Raiders gave him an offer of $6 million a year.

Loften is a guy that adds good depth to the linebacker core. He is terrible in coverage but a good run stuffer. Looks like the Raiders are gearing up to stop the run with these two moves. I could see them though still add competition at the MLB position as Loften is more of a top gap type. Williams on the other hand is a guy that could be starting for the next 3-4 years.

Malcom Smith is the one intriguing signing that I am interested to see what the Raiders do with him. He has had a few shining moments in his career but has lacked consistency. If the Raiders can get him to consistently play up to his athleticism he could be a huge steal. If not then again another decent depth signing to back up Sio Moore.
PFT had Williams rated the 3rd best DT in FA.. Good pick up.. Him and Jelly should free up our LBs as well as stop the run.. Remember Jelly was a rookie beast, All Rookie Team!! Lofton is really good, just had a down year, that happens.. Smith could really be a beast!! Let's see what JDR, KNJ do with these new toys.. So i see the Raiders and Cowboys are in a battle over Murray eh?? Make JJ pay up the nose if he wants him!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't back down off Murray Reggie!! MAKE THEM PAY if they want him!! Big Money!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT had Williams rated the 3rd best DT in FA.. Good pick up.. Him and Jelly should free up our LBs as well as stop the run.. Remember Jelly was a rookie beast, All Rookie Team!! Lofton is really good, just had a down year, that happens.. Smith could really be a beast!! Let's see what JDR, KNJ do with these new toys.. So i see the Raiders and Cowboys are in a battle over Murray eh?? Make JJ pay up the nose if he wants him!!

Like I said I like the moves. Williams is a guy I wouldn't have minded the Broncos look at for the NT position. He is a great run stopper. Doesn't offer much for the pass rush and is a bit limited on snaps so you need a 2nd NT of quality to make it all work but still good player. I also like how the Linebacker core is coming together of some really good depth guys. Obviously you have the top end talent of Mack but some other nice role players. Loften is more of a 2-down run stopper but those are good to have on the team. Smith is pretty decent in coverage so kind of a nice combo with a good run stopper and a good coverage guy.

It definitely would be interesting to see The Murray's at the RB position. I think it would be good for Murray to go to a team where there is a good 2nd RB as he put a lot of mileage on last year and usually backs that carry it as much as him get injured the next season. Don't know where the article is will have to do some digging but after so many touches the chances of getting injured the next season almost triple. So again having a guy he can split carries with will limit some of that happening.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is a run stopper but not exactly the same caliber as Suh or Knighton. He's a backup option. The Lofton signing surprised me since we have a lot of LB's.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is rated higher by alot of people over Knighton.. Day 1 starter.. Loften day 1 starter MLB.. Hudson day1 starter.. We got this..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is rated higher by alot of people over Knighton.. Day 1 starter.. Loften day 1 starter MLB.. Hudson day1 starter.. We got this..

Who are these lots of people because I haven't seen any. Williams is a good player but when you only play 38% of the defensive snaps and are limited to being a run stopper I just don't see how anybody ranks him over Knighton at this point. They are definitely similar but overall I think Knighton has shown he gives a little more all around game plus is the better run stopper of the two.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these lots of people because I haven't seen any. Williams is a good player but when you only play 38% of the defensive snaps and are limited to being a run stopper I just don't see how anybody ranks him over Knighton at this point. They are definitely similar but overall I think Knighton has shown he gives a little more all around game plus is the better run stopper of the two.
Don't doubt me cd, just roll with me.. Williams is a beast run stopper that is why he is here, that is his job in Oakland.. Stop the RUN.. On 3rd down we bring in Antonio Smith to rush the passer.. We got this cd..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, Murray signs with Philly eh?? Cool, Hopefully Reggie helped drive his PRICE up!!
So i see Some Raidernation members want to trade for AP?? If the Raiders were to sign a TOXIC player like AP, i would much rather get Greg Hardy!! And its not even close.. That guy is a monster!! That guy could help put our D over the top..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't doubt me cd, just roll with me.. Williams is a beast run stopper that is why he is here, that is his job in Oakland.. Stop the RUN.. On 3rd down we bring in Antonio Smith to rush the passer.. We got this cd..

Again Williams is a good player. I'm not trying to say anything different. He is a bit limited in what he can do but what he can do he does very well and like I said that is stopping the run and you need some of those big boys clogging up the middle. If the Raiders defense though gets caught with him out there say Peyton decides to go hurry up on him well then essentially Peyton can just step up in the pocket every time knowing there will be little pressure up the middle in that situation.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Williams is a good player. I'm not trying to say anything different. He is a bit limited in what he can do but what he can do he does very well and like I said that is stopping the run and you need some of those big boys clogging up the middle. If the Raiders defense though gets caught with him out there say Peyton decides to go hurry up on him well then essentially Peyton can just step up in the pocket every time knowing there will be little pressure up the middle in that situation.
When PM is clicking you need 4 DEs to stop the guy.. But i think you guys are going RUN heavy, PM finally says let's run the ball.. Enter Williams baby..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When PM is clicking you need 4 DEs to stop the guy.. But i think you guys are going RUN heavy, PM finally says let's run the ball.. Enter Williams baby..

There is a good chance we go a lot more run heavy but when you have Peyton as your quarterback you still got to let the big dog eat. Throw in the Broncos still have one of the best WR cores in the entire NFL so not using that advantage would be stupid. You are right though in Williams will definitely help with that. The AFC West has been known for our running abilities so with the Broncos and the Chiefs have pro bowl running backs it makes sense to get guys to stop those players.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Raiders sign Nate Allen eh?? I am VERY happy with this signing!! VERY!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good chance we go a lot more run heavy but when you have Peyton as your quarterback you still got to let the big dog eat. Throw in the Broncos still have one of the best WR cores in the entire NFL so not using that advantage would be stupid. You are right though in Williams will definitely help with that. The AFC West has been known for our running abilities so with the Broncos and the Chiefs have pro bowl running backs it makes sense to get guys to stop those players.
I understand PM needs to feed.. But you guys can power RUN as well, so we need to stop that run game and force PM into 3rd and long.. And as you said, KC can pound the rock, and the Bolts are also known to run as well.. STOP the RUN!! Run the Ball..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Oh we got ourselves a Quarterback Controversy brewing in Oakland. Christian Ponder is in town and obviously he played under Musgrave at Minnesota.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Oh we got ourselves a Quarterback Controversy brewing in Oakland. Christian Ponder is in town and obviously he played under Musgrave at Minnesota.
That was a pretty lame post CD.. I'm shocked by it.. I mean really?? Ponder is a young vet that could help mentor our young franchise QB..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just messing around Idaho. You and I both know there is no quarterback controversy. Carr is the starter for the next few years barring injury. Ponder though is a nice depth signing that knows Musgrave's offense so it makes sense to have him as the back up.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just messing around Idaho. You and I both know there is no quarterback controversy. Carr is the starter for the next few years barring injury. Ponder though is a nice depth signing that knows Musgrave's offense so it makes sense to have him as the back up.
Ya I'm not tripping.. The Raiders and the Nation have high HOPES for Carr.. It's his team he is the leader and a huge part going forward..