• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situation

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at 3-7 this team is going nowhere. I didn't believe that the sole problem was at QB and it wasn't. Not that Oz hasn't made his own mistakes, but we're losing as a team - and we just aren't a very good team this year. Might as well start playing guys that are going to be here next season, or look like they have that chance to be there. I'd be OK with throwing Lynch to the wolves at this point. Let him sink or swim and find out if he's got anything.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline, as most here predicted, is terrible. Once we had a few games on film and they realized they didn't need to double our wr's, it was over.

Injuries haven't helped either.

Our QBOTF plays college ball right now.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer wasn't exactly a bust. So "ALL" is not accurate. but "MOST" is.

But different coaching staff. Hard to really judge a bust just based off of college he attends.

Unless it is the same coach with the same system.

Those other guy's were * Marginal in arm strength .

We all get lost in the talent in reading D as QB's with this talent might not sine as high as the find the wide open guy .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would agree that he had 3-5 "bad" years for today's NFL QB standard. He had some down times, but for the most part while not a star he was decent as an NFL QB.

Expectations for the #1 overall pick at QB are VERY high so I won't argue that he didn't live up to #1 overall, but I would say that compared to a lot of the #1 overall picks since and before him he wasn't too bad.

Things were going well with him for Cincy until his shoulder issue... He struggled a bit with that.. Didn't have the same arm strength. Went to the Raiders, but once he went to Arizona his strength came back some... Had a great season two years ago and then had a bad playoff. Now he is sorta an average QB who is declining with age. Shoulder surgery gave him a rough year or two, but overall when you look back at his career he was probably above average NFL QB. QB position is way down the past two decades. Hard to find many great QB's.

He Should of left that shit hole .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline, as most here predicted, is terrible. Once we had a few games on film and they realized they didn't need to double our wr's, it was over.

Injuries haven't helped either.

Our QBOTF plays college ball right now.

I will give Lynch a chance but you are probably right .

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be absolutely no reason that Lynch doesn't start from here on out. We are playing for nothing at this point, and we can't go into next year not knowing what we have with him. 6 games is a decent sample size to see if he really does have any sort of future going forward. I was all for the switch to Osweiler when Siemian was crapping the bed, but we need to get Paxton out there because he's still a mystery IMO.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch getting the start this week against the Raiders. It's all I'm excited about with this team.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lynch starting this week?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Brock to drop to 3rd string then all 3 QB this year would have been 1st string , 2nd string and 3rd string

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Brock to drop to 3rd string then all 3 QB this year would have been 1st string , 2nd string and 3rd string
The classic revolving door. And it’s happened. Trevor now moved up to second string.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch will start and no matter how bad it gets he needs to the the starter until the end of the season. If the Broncos finish 4-12 they need to push their draft capital around and pick Mayfield.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a little - little.

The question is in what quarter will Lynch launch the Raiders first 2017 season interception.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Osweiler played against the Colts it’s hard to justify giving Lynch another look. With the way the Broncos drafted Lynch it’s hard to justify not trying to give him another look as the season wraps up.

They guys in the locker room don’t believe in tanking and frankly I agree with them. I think they’d resent Lynch being given another shot. Meanwhile let’s say Oz plays as well as he did against the Colts this week vs the Redskins and Next week vs the Chiefs. A 7-9 finish isn’t out of the question, respectable considering this season was starting to rival 2010 as worst ever. At that finish the Broncos likely are out of range for a top tier draft prospect unless they trade up. They could still work a trade for Luck (I haven’t seen any traffic on this I’m just being hopeful) or pursue a FA (manning, Cousins).

But would they also consider signing Osweiler to an extension at a team friendly price? Elway did once think he could be our guy. If Oz brings this team to a 7-9 finish I think we’ll at least see some contract talks.

What say you guys?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - if Oz has matured as an effective QB - in this situation - he has a chance to prove he is the answer to the QB question. How he finishes the season will have an impact on how the Broncos approach the off season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a little - little.

The question is in what quarter will Lynch launch the Raiders first 2017 season interception.
With Mayfield, we would run an offense like NO more than SEA. Mayfield can't move like Russell and will need to see the field like Brees.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Mayfield, we would run an offense like NO more than SEA. Mayfield can't move like Russell and will need to see the field like Brees.

You know - I think Brees succeeds because of his talents more than the kind of offense they run in NO. I do think NO is smart about how to handle the talent they have.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I think Brees succeeds because of his talents more than the kind of offense they run in NO. I do think NO is smart about how to handle the talent they have.

On Offense. For the longest time their Defense was as bad as our Offense and they were most likely bailed out by their Offense like we are by our Defense. Sure we’d love to replicate heir Offense but I’m sure they’re jealous of our Defense.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see if any of these other QBs can beat Big Ben or Brady in the playoffs.

If Bortles does, OMG, Is that a good thing or bad thing for Denver? Will they revert back to their premise any average QB can win with a great D and sign Case Keenum or Alex Smith (trade) or ride with Brock or do they try to sign Cousins to a big contract. Cousins is a 2nd tier guy that will not raise all boats.

If they ride with Brock better draft their QBOTF in 2018.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over we have a much better understanding of the Broncos mid-range plans at QB. Keenum is clearly the starter on his 2 year deal. The team has 2 years remaining on Lynch’s contract, with a 5th year option. He will be a salvage project given where the team selected him. Lastly Chad Kelly will get a chance to compete for the #2 spot. Even though he’ll get a good look for the backup job I don’t see him ever getting a legit shot as the starter unless he plays himself into the #2 role and an injury promotes him.

With Keenum my biggest concern is his 2017 was a flash in the pan. I’ve read quite a bit to mitigate that concern but I will likely have my doubts on some level all summer until the season starts. With that said the bar is not high at all. The 2017 Broncos May have set new lows for QB performance. It would help if the line can improve, but he didn’t have a great line in MN last year either. The lack of draft capital going toward the line tells me they feel they have the pieces in place on the line. And I think we’re going to see a very run oriented offense. If that’s the case I think Keenum will thrive. I’d love to see something similar to the 2005 offense this year. Pair that up with this defense and it could be a very good year.

I think we have the QB to do it. Not eye popping great, but efficient.