• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situation

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend on FB last night pondering why the Broncos aren’t willing to make the switch from Siemian to Oz. I thought about that as well and came up with this possible explanation.

Lynch is still waiting in the wings. I’m not sure what his timeline for return is but my understanding is he’s throwing at practice now. I can’t help but think they’re waiting until he’s ready and not making the switch to Oz because it’s a bad look if they swipe a couple wins with Oz then go back to growing pains and ugly losses with Lynch.

Ideally Lynch will get 7 starts this year. Looking ahead he will likely be inheriting a 3-6 team at that point. That is actually a good situation for him because without tanking the season the team can expect him to play with everything on the line. What else is there to lose? That would give the team at least some evaluation before going into a QB rich draft.

If Lynch gets 7 Siemianesque starts then the team can look at a draft pick or maybe even look at bringing in Kirk Cousins.

I’ve been a supporter of Siemian mostly because I want OUR QB to succeed. Last night the offense as a unit made a lot of mistakes, but Siemian made more than his fair share. He is just not improving or even holding steady. The line is slightly better this year and the run game is significantly improved, yet Siemian can’t seem to get it right.

Time to really start looking at what’s in the team’s future at the position.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the worst NFL QB situation since Spergon Wynn started for the Browns.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend on FB last night pondering why the Broncos aren’t willing to make the switch from Siemian to Oz. I thought about that as well and came up with this possible explanation.

Lynch is still waiting in the wings. I’m not sure what his timeline for return is but my understanding is he’s throwing at practice now. I can’t help but think they’re waiting until he’s ready and not making the switch to Oz because it’s a bad look if they swipe a couple wins with Oz then go back to growing pains and ugly losses with Lynch.

Ideally Lynch will get 7 starts this year. Looking ahead he will likely be inheriting a 3-6 team at that point. That is actually a good situation for him because without tanking the season the team can expect him to play with everything on the line. What else is there to lose? That would give the team at least some evaluation before going into a QB rich draft.

If Lynch gets 7 Siemianesque starts then the team can look at a draft pick or maybe even look at bringing in Kirk Cousins.

I’ve been a supporter of Siemian mostly because I want OUR QB to succeed. Last night the offense as a unit made a lot of mistakes, but Siemian made more than his fair share. He is just not improving or even holding steady. The line is slightly better this year and the run game is significantly improved, yet Siemian can’t seem to get it right.

Time to really start looking at what’s in the team’s future at the position.

Been saying this as well

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep agree

Can NFL flex our night games coming up

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch will be getting his shot soon. There is a reason why VJ keeps saying Siemian is our guy, because Lynch was hurt... Now that Lynch has a shot to be healthy enough to play this week his tone was different after the game when asked about Siemian.

I don't recall a game where so many players and coaches (VJ) were emotionally pissed off by a QB's play as we saw last night.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch will be getting his shot soon. There is a reason why VJ keeps saying Siemian is our guy, because Lynch was hurt... Now that Lynch has a shot to be healthy enough to play this week his tone was different after the game when asked about Siemian.

I don't recall a game where so many players and coaches (VJ) were emotionally pissed off by a QB's play as we saw last night.

I sure hope so I see him starting Cincy game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report today is that Lynch will not start this week, but didn't rule out Osweiler. Didn't give the source.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just needs an oline, and he'll be right as rain.

We all need to just trust what Vance is doing, we'll be fine.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear that the Broncos QB of the future is not on this roster. Sigh....

I may head up to Boulder this weekend and have a word with Sam Darnold while USC is in town. Can't hurt.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold is really struggling too.

I want Mason Rudolph! He's the only one I trust right now. Darnold has great upside though, but I am wondering if he should stay a year. Almost sounds to me like if the Browns pick #1 Darnold may just stay at USC.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold lost a ton of security blankets last year and is realizing it aint that easy. Id rather wait a year on him.

Rudolph is who i want.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All USC QB's are busts I don't want any of them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't exactly accurate, but like any team they have had their fair share.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is truth in this!

Sooner or later, one of them is going to pan out. Darnold? Who knows...

Carson Palmer wasn't exactly a bust. So "ALL" is not accurate. but "MOST" is.

But different coaching staff. Hard to really judge a bust just based off of college he attends.

Unless it is the same coach with the same system.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold lost a ton of security blankets last year and is realizing it aint that easy. Id rather wait a year on him.

Rudolph is who i want.

Not sure I agree with him losing a "TON" of security blankets from last year. I might even argue he has better ones around him now. He really only lost JuJu Smith-Schuster who was hurt most of last year. He still has the same, RB, plus Stephen Carr (who has missed the last few games) plus Ace'Cedric Ware, Deontay Burnett a year older, Tyler Vaughns coming on. Steven Mitchell returned..

Some of his weapons haven't stayed healthy but I might argue the weapons around him this year are better.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer wasn't exactly a bust. So "ALL" is not accurate. but "MOST" is.

But different coaching staff. Hard to really judge a bust just based off of college he attends.

Unless it is the same coach with the same system.

Carson had a good 3-5 years where he was just plain bad so while not a bust he definitely wasn't up to the standard of being the #1 overall pick. If not for a rebound with Arizona(up until this year) his career would've been over and be remembered very badly for the way he ended in Cincy and Oakland.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with him losing a "TON" of security blankets from last year. I might even argue he has better ones around him now. He really only lost JuJu Smith-Schuster who was hurt most of last year. He still has the same, RB, plus Stephen Carr (who has missed the last few games) plus Ace'Cedric Ware, Deontay Burnett a year older, Tyler Vaughns coming on. Steven Mitchell returned..

Some of his weapons haven't stayed healthy but I might argue the weapons around him this year are better.

biggest issue is oline

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson had a good 3-5 years where he was just plain bad so while not a bust he definitely wasn't up to the standard of being the #1 overall pick. If not for a rebound with Arizona(up until this year) his career would've been over and be remembered very badly for the way he ended in Cincy and Oakland.

Not sure I would agree that he had 3-5 "bad" years for today's NFL QB standard. He had some down times, but for the most part while not a star he was decent as an NFL QB.

Expectations for the #1 overall pick at QB are VERY high so I won't argue that he didn't live up to #1 overall, but I would say that compared to a lot of the #1 overall picks since and before him he wasn't too bad.

Things were going well with him for Cincy until his shoulder issue... He struggled a bit with that.. Didn't have the same arm strength. Went to the Raiders, but once he went to Arizona his strength came back some... Had a great season two years ago and then had a bad playoff. Now he is sorta an average QB who is declining with age. Shoulder surgery gave him a rough year or two, but overall when you look back at his career he was probably above average NFL QB. QB position is way down the past two decades. Hard to find many great QB's.