• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB makes a difference

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

It doesn't hit him in the hands :bullshit:

You Bradford haters need to stop making excuses for the rest of the team! :gaah:

And who knows if D Rich can't make a play on the backer, he has some space. And really what the hell do you want Sam to do, take the sack? We can all see that D lineman in his face 1 second after he released the ball. If he did, y'all would be saying he had D Rich in the flats with just an LB to beat.:lol: Maybe you think he should take off to the right because it was freaking wide open, as 'someone' else here has said? The freaking edge rusher has the edge sealed, he takes the sack there too!

Face it, Sam is on a bad team, he always has been and for some reason you haters can't or wont acknowledge that but it's the truth.

I point these things out but it doesn't mean I think Sam is great, it means you haters are drinking up the haterade and want to sell BS like this.....did not hit him right in the hands, it was a tough catch because it was a poorly thrown pass:laugh3:

Stop making stuff up! We don't live in the SeeBS world any more boyz, this is the SportsHoopla era and when people here want to say things like the ball didn't hit him in the hands, AND THEY ARE WRONG!

Expect a pic like this to call the BS!

Like I've said before, Sam has plenty of negatives, hell we all do, so pick on those so I may agree with you :suds: don't make stuff up!

Ahhhhhhh Vita I love you!!! minus - gayness

Seriously love the fact that you come up with actual FACTS! awesome photo and right on the point my man!:10:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Vita, I misspoke, I knew it hit him in the hands, I was more or less saying it didn't hit him right in the hands, the pass is up above his eyes, alot if guys don't catch that ball, is it catchable, yes. Is it a poorly throw pass, yes. As far as D Rich "maybe" having some space to make a move, now I call BS on you, yes it looks like that in a picture that is frozen , but that defensive player is less than a second away from lighting him up, and he did light him up. You ask what do we want Sammie to do, uh maybe throw it away?

Yes I haven't liked him from the beginning, but I'm not a hater, I wish that he would turn it around and become our franchise QB, I am a Ram fan first and foremost. We will continue to diagree because you like Sammie and I don't. You say that we "hater's" put all the blame of Sammie, no they have not been a good team since he has been here, but the blame is going to fall on the QB that's just the way it works and always has.

You defenders of Sammie have always put the blame on his poor oline, his bad WR, his 3 different OC. Yes their OC suck, but at the same time, it's all three of the OC fault, not Sammies, yet Sammie is the only common factor.. Their oline hasn't been good, but he's had numerous different olinemen, and they have all sucked, yet Sammie is the only common factor. Their WR suck and drop passes, they've had numerous different WR, and they all have sucked, yet Sammie is the only common factor. Do you see a common factor here, no it's not Sammies fault, every online, WR, and OC that we have had has sucked, it's not Sammie!

Tannehill has Miami at 3-2, yes it's only one more win than us, but he beat a good Indy team, and Cleveland is better than the average fan thinks, and he beat Atlanta, which we didn't do. Lost to Balt in the final minutes, and he pretty much has kept them in every game. He has done this while getting sacked 24 times (Sammie13), his leading WR is Brian Hartline, while good, he is not great. His second leading WR is a Brandon Gibson, you may have heard of him! Yet last year I heard Gibson sucked with
the Rams. Tannehill gets sacked every 7.6 pass attempts, Sammie every 16.6, now add in how many times Tannehill is getting hit without actually getting sacked, don't have those stats, but I would guess it's alot.

Last year the Rams were in the top five of fewest dropped passes, yet everyone just wants to talk about how many passes our WR dropped. If you watch any game every team has a lot of passes that are dropped, it happens to everybody, so you can't use that as an excuse for Sammie.

I know you can turn and twist stats to show whatever you want, but stats are stats and they do give you a picture of how things are. Sammies WR aren't that bad, his oline is not that bad, I will give you that the game plans that the coaches give him obviously aren't very good. But for as many short passes that he does throw, he should be completing 70% of his passes and his completion pct is poor compared to most others, that actually throw the ball downfield.

Again I commend you for sticking up for him, you have your opinion of him, I have mine, they are just totally different and that's Ok. As I have said, I hope Sammie goes on a tear and lights it up the rest of the year, I'm just not seeing it, and haven't going on 4 years now

gotta point something out.........you said it was a poorly thrown pass?????????? It hit him in both hands at eye level how is that a bad pass? Was the pass hard? Yes, did it need to be? yes, Why? because a LB was coming off the edge. Drich should of made that LB miss. Any self respecting scat-back RB should make one LB miss. I don't care what anyone says that pick six was allllll Driches fault.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Vita, I misspoke, I knew it hit him in the hands, I was more or less saying it didn't hit him right in the hands, the pass is up above his eyes, alot if guys don't catch that ball, is it catchable, yes. Conjecture on your part Smead and
wtf.gif
You're saying it hit him in the hand but not 'right in the hands'
doh.gif
, Is it a poorly throw pass, yes. As far as D Rich "maybe" having some space to make a move, now I call BS on you, yes it looks like that in a picture that is frozen, but that defensive player is less than a second away from lighting him up, and he did light him up. He has more space than running between the tackles with an LB in the same position, which happens often when he runs it between the tackles. You ask what do we want Sammie to do, uh maybe throw it away? Sure, however he had his RB in the flat with only an LB to beat, IMO that play works for a gainer about 33% of the time (Uh when it's caught!!) and you want him to throw it away, that works ZERO % of the time! If that's truly the case I don't want to hear any gripes about his completion percentage since you want to give a pass on WR drops this year because LAST year WR corp was not that bad IYO.

Yes I haven't liked him from the beginning, but I'm not a hater, I wish that he would turn it around and become our franchise QB, I am a Ram fan first and foremost. We will continue to diagree because you like Sammie and I don't. You say that we "hater's" put all the blame of Sammie, no they have not been a good team since he has been here, but the blame is going to fall on the QB that's just the way it works and always has.It's not about liking him or not liking him. I've liked guys I want off the team and vise versa. I just think a lot of you detractors have these unrealistic expectation considering the team his is on.

You defenders of Sammie have always put the blame on his poor oline, his bad WR, his 3 different OC. Yes their OC suck, but at the same time, it's all three of the OC fault, not Sammies, yet Sammie is the only common factor.. Their oline hasn't been good, but he's had numerous different olinemen, and they have all sucked, yet Sammie is the only common factor. Their WR suck and drop passes, they've had numerous different WR, and they all have sucked, yet Sammie is the only common factor. Do you see a common factor here, no it's not Sammies fault, every online, WR, and OC that we have had has sucked, it's not Sammie!The best teams keep their core groups together, if we were a good team, we would have more 'common factors here' and that is an inherent problem in itself, but let's not let the fact get in the way here.

Tannehill has Miami at 3-2, So TANNEHILL has them at 3-2 :lol:. The guy with 6 TD's and 5 Int's, come on man, open your eyes, it's not all about the QB's! yes it's only one more win than us, but he (Again 'HE' beat Indy
giggle.gif
)
beat a good Indy team, and Cleveland is better than the average fan thinks Cleveland wasn't 'better' when they played the Fins! They scored 10 points at home! Let me tell ya about Cleveland's 10 points in 10 drives. It goes like this.....

Int, Int, 3 & Out, Int, TD, 3 & Out, 3& Out, FG, Punt, TO on downs. Wow just look at me twisting stats! :lol: And that's to a lousy Dolphin defense!!
and he beat Atlanta, which we didn't do. Tannehil vs Atl 236 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT; Bradford vs Atl 352 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT; Ryan vs Mia 231 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT; now Ryan vs Rams 374 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, yep that's all on Sam and that's me twisting stats again LOL!
Lost to Balt in the final minutes, and he pretty much has kept them in every game. He has done this while getting sacked 24 times (Sammie13), his leading WR is Brian Hartline, while good, he is not great. His second leading WR is a Brandon Gibson, you may have heard of him! Yet last year I heard Gibson sucked with
the Rams. So how do you measure leading WR's? I could argue both Clay and Wallace are just as good, and I never said Gibson sucked, I said he was a knuckle head being with the Rams in his third year and still he lines up wrong killing drives & being flagged for it, running the wrong routes and then grinning about it sech.Tannehill gets sacked every 7.6 pass attempts, Sammie every 16.6, now add in how many times Tannehill is getting hit without actually getting sacked, don't have those stats, but I would guess it's alot.

Last year the Rams were in the top five of fewest dropped passes, Source please, still your talking about a different WR corp right? Besides, its not me making this observation, that was two years ago I was saying this anyhow, It started a bit early last year but Fisher worked it out just like our redzone woes and I trust he will do it again. yet everyone just wants to talk about how many passes our WR dropped. If you watch any game every team has a lot of passes that are dropped, it happens to everybody, More conjecture on your part, again to make your point. so you can't use that as an excuse for Sammie.

I know you can turn and twist stats to show whatever you want, but stats are stats and they do give you a picture of how things are. And you haters can make baseless claims that can only be refuted with stats, what else am I suppose to use when you haters say things that aren't true? Geez scream, kick and yell? Sammies WR aren't that bad, his oline is not that bad, I will give you that the game plans that the coaches give him obviously aren't very good. I think it's just the exact opposite, the OL is not that good and the WR corp is very young and making mistakes so the coaches are coaching around those obstacles on offense (Not sold on our DC but he is young in this position too) So what's new? We just continue to disagree on about every facet of the game, so it doesn't surprise me you think this. But for as many short passes that he does throw, he should be completing 70% of his passes and his completion pct is poor compared to most others, that actually throw the ball downfield.

Again I commend you for sticking up for him, you have your opinion of him, I have mine, they are just totally different and that's Ok. As I have said, I hope Sammie goes on a tear and lights it up the rest of the year, I'm just not seeing it, and haven't going on 4 years now
Yep we certainly disagree, don't we :lol: We just need better O line play, better front 7 play and all these young guys need to stop making so many mistakes that are killing our field position and opportunities. To me that's just the collateral damage that's inherent to fielding a very young team and the price we need to pay for sucking for so long. I really think, as long as we don't let all the losses get in our heads, by mid season or so, we might start to put things together. I know it will be too late to salvage the season however I believe we are investing in this year to be a good team next and for now we will take our lumps!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, SJ, Vita, retro, Jacob and all, here is the problem. Is Bradford getting it done? No. Is the OL any good? No. Are the Rams running backs hitting the hole hard? No. Is our run defense getting it done? No. We can talk so many directions and we would all be right. Junkie says it is Bradford's fault, it is to some extent it is and is he the Rams QB for the next decade, I don't think so either. But you can't change the fact that in the past 5 to 7 years it has been poor decisions at draft time that have had the Rams where they have been. Last year things came together for a season but the same faults that had us in a 5 year spin have again caught up.

Austin was brought in, but has been sorely misused. No space, no RB duty just a punt returned that we will get flagged for anyway. It is on Fisher. If Shotts doesn't use him proper, then fire Shotts, in fact I say do it today.

Wathkins was cut because he was over weight, how nice would be if Fisher had worked some magic there and he was still here. Saffold is a bust and a puss and if Jones can't get on the field, then he must be a bust and a puss also. Bottom line is Fisher doesn't draft huge OL in the top of the draft, might be the reason he hasn't won a Super Bowl either. That had better change.

The Rams don't score TD in the first quarter, why? Because they don't know how to do it. Maybe it starts with running the damm ball and not with some red shirter. How about getting a back? There is one in Detroit wondering what the ball looks like and we could most likely get him for marbles.

I could go on and on but won't, because the Rams are on a spiral that wont stop until we again have a top 5 pick. Does it mean I won't root, bleed, cuss and be emotional for them? No, I have just seen where we are, who is running the show and the team laying a path for another long season. Go Rams, beat the Texans:nod:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we certainly disagree, don't we :lol: We just need better O line play, better front 7 play and all these young guys need to stop making so many mistakes that are killing our field position and opportunities. To me that's just the collateral damage that's inherent to fielding a very young team and the price we need to pay for sucking for so long. I really think, as long as we don't let all the losses get in our heads, by mid season or so, we might start to put things together. I know it will be too late to salvage the season however I believe we are investing in this year to be a good team next and for now we will take our lumps!

Ok everybody wants to say what a great game Sammie had avaunt Atlanta, his stats were all garbage time stats against prevent defense, get over it.

As far as dropped passes, everyone needs to get over that to. I will give you that Austin leads the league in drops with 7, but he is the only Ram in the top 10. Denver has 2 in the top ten, both very good WR, Welker and Decker. NE has two WR in the top ten that have combined for 10 drops. I've said if you people actually watched other games you would see that EVERY has drops every game.

Maybe if Sammie had some touch and wouldn't throw 5 yard 90 mph fastballs it would help his completion %. But drops can also be misleading, a drop is if the all hits you in the hands, yes that means they are catchable, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be caught, sometimes WR make a good effort just to get their hands on it. Plus we rarely hear about the nice catches that the WR make to bail Sammie out.

You can say that I'm a hater and blind to the greatness that is Sammie. Hey I realize it's not all his fault, but he as not shown that he is a leader and you can't continue to blame his oline, WR, and schemes, other teams have the same issues, some of them overcome them, some don't, we are one of the donts, and that is usually going to fall on the QB, sorry that's just the way it is, whether that is fair or not doesn't matter!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok everybody wants to say what a great game Sammie had avaunt Atlanta, his stats were all garbage time stats against prevent defense, get over it.

As far as dropped passes, everyone needs to get over that to. I will give you that Austin leads the league in drops with 7, but he is the only Ram in the top 10. Denver has 2 in the top ten, both very good WR, Welker and Decker. NE has two WR in the top ten that have combined for 10 drops. I've said if you people actually watched other games you would see that EVERY has drops every game.

Maybe if Sammie had some touch and wouldn't throw 5 yard 90 mph fastballs it would help his completion %. But drops can also be misleading, a drop is if the all hits you in the hands, yes that means they are catchable, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be caught, sometimes WR make a good effort just to get their hands on it. Plus we rarely hear about the nice catches that the WR make to bail Sammie out.

You can say that I'm a hater and blind to the greatness that is Sammie. Hey I realize it's not all his fault,
but he as not shown that he is a leader and you can't continue to blame his oline, WR, and schemes, other teams have the same issues, some of them overcome them, some don't, we are one of the donts, and that is usually going to fall on the QB, sorry that's just the way it is, whether that is fair or not doesn't matter!

Also, yes the Rams lead the league this year in drops 18, but there are alot of other teams that are within a few of that and only one QB in the entire NFL attempts more passes per game than Sammie, so the odds are we would have more drops.again, just because a pass hits a WR in the hands doesn't mean he "should" have caught it, just means he "could" have caught it. Sammie does throw into a lot of coverage, his WR are getting hit as soon as they catch the ball, or as soon as they should or could be catching the ball, now tell me that isn't happening!

Bottom line is this dropped ball excuse has been going on for over 3 years now, last year the Rams were top 5 in fewest dropped passes, this year they lead but it's only 5 games, they could easily fall to middle of pack within 2 or 3 games.

People also want to say his line sucks and can't keep him upright, there's a ton of QB' getting sacked more
than Sammie, which also means they are probably getting hit more too, but they seem to be doing ok.

I'm also a Dodger fan, your QB is like your starting pitcher, is it Kershaws fault that the Dodgers lost, no but he got the loss, his offense and defense lost that game for him.the difference is that Kershaw did his job in spite of his team and kept them in the game and gave them a chance to win. Sammie isn't doing his job and he is not keeping them in the game to give them a chance to win. I think last year he did play well enough to keep them close in games and they did have chances, but overall he is not getting it done. Now you can say football relies more on each other playing as a unit, but Kershaw can put up Cy Young and Hall of fame numbers all he wants but if his team doesn't come through he's not going to get a whole lot of wins, he's going to be left with just a lot of impressive numbers. for as many short throws the Rams make Sammies completion percentage should be through the roof, at least 70% and if you think it isn't just because of drops, then you need an intervention!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Smed, we all just want wins contributed by people on both sides of the ball and with us STs. Like Belecheat has often stated, "Just Do Your Job!!!"

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Sam could have not throw it to the guy in the first place, noticed there was room to run right, then sacked up and gotten his team 5-10 yards.

Nah let's throw a bullet to a guys back shoulder when the LB is sitting there drooling. Lol

Genius!

WK 2 Can't-Miss Play: Osi goes for 6 - NFL Videos

LMGDAO! Wow... check out the velocity on that thing! I'm surprised it didn't blow his hands off on impact!:laugh3:

:LSeriously, man... get the f*ck outta here with that noise. You're really gonna tell me it was Sam's fault Richardson didn't catch a catchable football? Who's making the excuses now??

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... and that "room to run" Sam "could have" taken... I'm assuming you didn't see DT Peria Jerry had spun right into the middle of it.

Then again... had Sammy run and gotten destroyed right at or around the line of scrimmage, I suppose you could have said "Look at Sammy get lit up! What a stupid decision to run it!". It would've made more sense than your "easy dropped passes are Sam's fault" theory.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in...

The amazing Geno Smith's stat-line against the (previously) 0-5 Pittsburgh Steelers...

19/34, 201 YARDS, 0 TDs, 2 INTs... and handed over Pittsburgh's first win of the season. :clap:

Now THAT'S a winner!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much difference is their if we take out the incomplete season?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sammie has received the message: Step up, or your career is done. I think Fisher and Snead have received enough messages from the fans and the media to pass along to Sammie and he probably now understands what he has to do. I think we will all see an emerging Sammie in the next couple of weeks. If not, he'll be out the door and his pro career will be pretty much toastola because at the end of the season he will be the next roster change the FO will do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot Red_Chaos. Take this guy in the later rounds and let him play running back!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comparison FF! Tim Couch eh!?

Don't sue me but, I like Clemens feet a lot and how he steps up in the pocket! He moves around well which is something that's a big advantage for a QB in the NFL.

And go D!

And yes Geno a Smith has sucked really bad at times as a rookie. But he also beat the Pats and ATL after they drilled us. Either way I'm not impressed by either. Only thing that impresses me is that Geno outperformed Brady and they spanked ATL.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams need to Draft a QB next year.