• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB makes a difference

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retards... The comparison was for both the Rams and the Jets at the Falcons. Look at both offenses. Weapons, o-line. Holy flying fuck. I don't care about the defenses. I don't care about the QBs. The point is both offenses have sucked yes? Why is geno winning ball games and why is Sam still looking like a little bitch? The Rams were beat down by the Falcons yes? Couldn't even score yes? So Geno goes in to ATL and they score 30?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the latest excuse too. Shotty makes Bradford throw all of those 8 yard check downs like a sceeeered Lil bitch!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retards... The comparison was for both the Rams and the Jets at the Falcons. Look at both offenses. Weapons, o-line. Holy flying fuck. I don't care about the defenses. I don't care about the QBs. The point is both offenses have sucked yes? Why is geno winning ball games and why is Sam still looking like a little bitch? The Rams were beat down by the Falcons yes? Couldn't even score yes? So Geno goes in to ATL and they score 30?

I did, Jets Top 11 running the ball, Rams near last and probably last before the Jags game. The Rams are a bit better throwing it, what more do you want? Oh I know, you want to isolate what is clearly Geno's best game ever to a Rams loss. You see Sam's game didn't matter to you because he fell short and and you feel his stats were garbage time fluff and you felt Geno's game shows he is clearly great because he won vs Atlanta even though he's on a better team. Mmmmkay!

Like defense doesn't matter in these things. :laugh3:

I told ya, he's on a better team. Maybe you missed that. The Jets are near at or above half the league in every category there and the Rams are at just above in passing both offensively and defensively and near bottom in both rushing offensively and defensively...
Rams
Offensive Passing 16th
Defensive Passing 17th
Offensive Rushing 29th
Defensive Rushing 28th

Jets
Defensive Rushing 2nd
Offensive Rushing 11th
Defensive Passing 13th
Offensive Passing 19th

Maybe that means little to you, but to me it says we are gonna suffer because we can't run it or stop the run. That's a formula for heartache Junkie and it has little to do with the offense!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the latest excuse too. Shotty makes Bradford throw all of those 8 yard check downs like a sceeeered Lil bitch!
For goodness sakes Junkie just look at that below for a minute! And those are league numbers for FIVE YARD ROUTES not 8 yards!

Originally Posted by Vitamike
93 ~ Austin Pettis (Rams)
82 ~ Chris Givens (Rams)
72 ~ Tavon Austin (Rams)
66 ~ Demaryius Thomas (Broncos)
64 ~ Torrey Smith (Ravens)

Top 3 out of 96 are Rams wide outs running routes, with screens removed, of 5 yards or less.
That's not an excuse for Sam that's an indictment on Brian PERIOD!.

Either that or you're wearing blinders brother!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith has 7TDs, 8 INTs and has been sacked 18 times this season.

Also, Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Geno Smith and Matt Ryan's team lost.

This thread is full of fail even if you aren't a huge fan of Bradford. Geno Smith has had one freakishly good game and a bunch of duds....which isnt a bad mark on him since he is so young but this thread just doesn't need to be made.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is geno winning ball games and why is Sam still looking like a little bitch?
Because Tampa Bay had one of their players make a stupid penalty and the Jets invested a lot of their draft picks in the dline and they are getting better returns than our investment in our dline

And Geno Smith had one really good game that involved some great plays and a few lucky ones.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, man... Vitamike seems to be making the much more compelling argument, here.

Regarding this... The Rams offense (yes... it's more than one guy ;)) scored 24. (24 points, btw, wins you more than half the games played this season.) Problem is the defense gave up 31.

Actually the Ram D only gave up 24 points, they can't defend against Bradford throwing touchdowns to the other team.

As far as the Rams being in the upper half of the league in passing, that is a result of them constantly being down big and "having" to throw the ball .

Vita and Junkie I think you are both making some valid points, but stats and comparisons can both be misleading, bottom line is the Rams arent very good, it is a team wide problem, but I think a lot of it should fall on Bradford, that may not be right, but usually you are as good as your QB, and we are not good!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "no one knows their names and therefore they suck" argument is laughable. Who are the Oakland A's? I sure as hell don't know. Who was Jose Lohbaton 2 days ago? I had no clue. Who were the Indiana Pacers last March? I didn't know that either. Who's the 2nd line for the Boston Bruins? Couldn't name that either. A guy we all know who is though...Tim Tebow, and we all know how great of an NFL QB is.

My point: You know who guys are if you watch them on tv, I know almost every member of the Missouri Tigers football team but couldn't name more than a dozen on Georgia. Doesn't mean Mizzou will destroy Georgia this year. We watch the teams around us and therefore know those players, players on teams we don't know may be very good without us knowing their names.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mutigers, that is sort of like the argument that if nobody is around, does a falling tree make any noise. Noise is a disturbance in air waves but it is only interpreted as such if it is heard by an ear, human or otherwise.

SJ76 and Vita both have great points and this argument really is about a both/and situation. The factors for our krappiness begins with Sammie and Sammie has to lead like Geno did or players see his lack of leadership and do not give their best effort and then we suck. Since this is a team game, Sammie can't do it on his own and the rest of the team has to play to their best effort or the CHANCES of us winning are reduced. Sammie does have to play with greater leadership but STs have to stop killing us as Vita mentioned.

The defense has to stop the run and the O-line, TEs, WRs, and RBs have to block otherwise we have no running game and we usually get killed on passes. Shottenheimer has to stop being so freakin' predictable and call better games. WE fix all those holes, we will be better. But again. It starts with Sammie's leadership on offense, C. Long's leadership on defense, and somebody has to step up on STs, otherwise we are screwed. Excellent banter by both gents though!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg

It's about the Rams offense versus the current Jets offense people. Stop twisting and turning things to make any point.

Geno is working with squat!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita please include a source for whoever is keep track of these 5 yard routes.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Ram D only gave up 24 points, they can't defend against Bradford throwing touchdowns to the other team.

Ah, yes, the pick-6 to Osi Umenyiora.

:clap:

Ya know... I thought about correcting myself on that one shortly after I typed it. But, because I knew the inevitable "misplaced blame" response to my gaffe was forthcoming... I figured I'd wait for someone else to come in and tell me all about how it's Bradford fault for throwing an accurate pass. Classic. A pass that hit Daryl Richardson dead in the hands, then inexplicably bounced into Osi's, who, incidentally, had no problem holding on to it.

Then again... I suppose Bradford could have thrown the pass, then walked over and gently closed Richardson's hands around the football for him, patted him on the bottom and sent him on his way down the field.

Oh, wait... who am I kidding? Someone would have complained that Sammy didn't provide a good enough lead block for him, as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton makes some good points here!

Matt Ryan, at this point is a better QB than Geno (And Sam!) Also his point about the personal foul mistake at the end of the Bucs game, it kept the door open for a Jets win without it that game was over.
I'll add the Falcons did the same thing by not kicking a FG with the ball on the Jets 1 yard line to end the half. They win by 1 rather than lose by two. Two fortunate plays allowing 'Geno to win'. However without those two blunders, the Jets are 1-4.

Smed too makes a good observation about the Rams D giving up 24 and not 31 to Atlanta.
However let's not discount Jets ST blocked punt in Atlanta territory resulting in a FG & the Ryan fumble near the Atlanta redzone resulting in another gimmie FG, for a total of 6 gift points

mutigers1fan states well the finer points on who we know and how we know them.
I'd like to add this... Atlanta was missing 6 starters due to injury and this isn't quite the same team that faced the Rams.

And Retro sums it up well.
We do need leadership from the QB spot, we do need guys giving their best effort, we do nee to stop making mistakes on ST's, we do need to stop the run but the last thing Retro states just reminds me of those 5 yard routes that Shotzie running.

Egads that's bad!

No wonder we are seeing 8 and 9 in the box and double and triple coverage!

I knew it was bad however I gotta thank junkie!:clap:

I didn't know it was that bad and I would have never found that stat if he didn't start this thread.

Here it is again, just think about it for a minute and ask yourselves why?

Originally Posted by Vitamike
93 ~ Austin Pettis (Rams)
82 ~ Chris Givens (Rams)
72 ~ Tavon Austin (Rams)
66 ~ Demaryius Thomas (Broncos)
64 ~ Torrey Smith (Ravens)

Top 3 out of 96 are Rams wide outs running routes, with screens removed, of 5 yards or less.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it really does make you wonder what the hell is going on over there, it's seems unreal, doesn't it?

Like maybe I made it up!

That's what you want to hear, right?

Actually the Rams run more deep routes than any other team in the NFL and you are right Sam IS 'Capt Check Down'.

Okay, ya got me I made it up, sue me! :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes, the pick-6 to Osi Umenyiora.

:clap:

Ya know... I thought about correcting myself on that one shortly after I typed it. But, because I knew the inevitable "misplaced blame" response to my gaffe was forthcoming... I figured I'd wait for someone else to come in and tell me all about how it's Bradford fault for throwing an accurate pass. Classic. A pass that hit Daryl Richardson dead in the hands, then inexplicably bounced into Osi's, who, incidentally, had no problem holding on to it.

Then again... I suppose Bradford could have thrown the pass, then walked over and gently closed Richardson's hands around the football for him, patted him on the bottom and sent him on his way down the field.

Oh, wait... who am I kidding? Someone would have complained that Sammy didn't provide a good enough lead block for him, as well.
Caynine you know it's Sam's fault, he throws the ball too hard! :bawling:

:laugh3:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita, we sure as hell may be running the most deep routes in the league but we ain't that good at it because I know our completion rate is pretty low. We can not have the offensive production we have been having especially in the first quarter and complete a great deal of our deep routes because any of the receivers do not have huge yardage chunks per game and for the year.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry But I have to call SJ76 out on this.

SJ, I've always respected your opinion until the last week or too. I think you need to take a step back, right now you're getting made a fool of. I'm sure you could give a shit but if you want to continue to be a respected member on this board you have to stop what you're doing. Vita is downright making you look idiotic, he's coming up with numbers, FACTS, it's making you look "trollish", and you aren't coming back with any facts. Just your opinion that everything is bradfords fault. I know this will probably just roll off your back and you'll tell me to f*ck off but in the chance that I can help save this board from turning into ESPNboards or STLboards I have to point out that you're sounding just like the guys of old who everyone dismisses. We know you don't like Bradford, we get it! We know that you think everything that goes wrong with this team is his fault, we get it. I don't need to go further as I will start to rant. Lets clean this up SJ.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey jacobarch. I seriously doubt this board will become like the ESPNBoards just because two old friends are having an argument if I have anything to say about. You can rest assured that the SportsHoopla is the place to talk sports and your points are welcomed and well taken!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Kidding:lol:

Its was from an ESPN fantasy league video. I can't post the actual html becuse it's plays internal on ESPN and I had some trouble finding it but I took a screen shot so here ya go!

Attachments

• routes.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 12

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ ... VITA
has proven all his points and all you can say is but... but...

win goes to VITA LOL