• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB makes a difference

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since most of you couldn't understand my Colts comparison last year, let's look at the Jets shall we?

Last year, dirty Sanchez comes to the dome and makes Samantha look bad. Perhaps the worst game ever for Miss Bradford. Sanchez is out because he's "hurt".

Geno takes over a Jets offense..... Anyone seen their RBs? WRs? Lolol. Patchy O-line?

They just beat ATL in ATL. They did NOT get smoked and scored 30 and gave up 28. Another young, mobile QB.

Excuses?

I'm all ears. :hope:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. And Atlanta is now 1 and 4. Somehow things do not add up!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*crickets*

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Schotty could reuinite with Sanchez here in St Louis......

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since most of you couldn't understand my Colts comparison last year, let's look at the Jets shall we?

Last year, dirty Sanchez comes to the dome and makes Samantha look bad. Perhaps the worst game ever for Miss Bradford. Sanchez is out because he's "hurt".

Geno takes over a Jets offense..... Anyone seen their RBs? WRs? Lolol. Patchy O-line?

They just beat ATL in ATL. They did NOT get smoked and scored 30 and gave up 28. Another young, mobile QB.

Excuses?

I'm all ears. :hope:
First of all Dirty Sanchez! :laugh3:

Secondly, you're the one making excuses!

It's just your excuses are for the rest of the team.

Quit making so many damn excuses Junkie! :lol:

So now you're comparing the Rams to the Jets this year, eh?

That same team that went to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row just a couple of seasons ago? Where were we a couple of years ago? As I recall it was 0-5 with a Sophomore QB who just won ROY the year before .

I see your pattern, last year you wanted us all to compare a team that had 9 consecutive double digit seasons with one suspicious 2 win season, all the while we've had 4 seasons out of the prior 5 with 3 wins or less. In those same 5 seasons we had 15 wins for an average of 3 wins per season. During that same period the Colts had 1 season with 2 wins and still had 51 wins for a double digit average of 10.2 wins per game.

Most people realize that when you evaluate QB's you must really evaluate the teams around them. That said we shouldn't make excuses for poor QB play.

So lets compare the Jets and the Rams in Passing, Rushing, Pass Defense and Rush Defense. Guess what, the Rams lead the Jets in only one of those categories and guess which one it is?

Yep, it's Passing!:lol:

Let's look at the team numbers through the first five games, shall we?

Offensive Passing
Jets 19th in the league
Rams 16th in the league

Offensive Rushing
Jets 11th in the league
Rams 29th in the league

Defensive Passing
Jets 13th in the league
Rams 17th in the league

Defensive Rushing
Jets 2nd in the league
Rams 28th in the league

Man if we could run the ball in the top 3rd of the league and stop the run better than all but one in the league, we would be playoff bound for sure.

So evaluate the QB's while taking a look at the team around them and make no excuses for the QB, Sam Bradford included. He is the guy out there trying to get it done but to not consider a teams youth conservative OC scheme, who wants a balanced attack, in spite the fact that we don't have one is not a fair evaluation. Hell, we averaged 47 rushing yards in our first 4 games, so we improved vastly to rise to get to 29th in the league in rushing! Even Jacksonville had a better rushing average going into last weeks game.

We need to start sending guys deeper too. Shots has our WR corp running a massive amount of short routes (Removing screens) here are the numbers for the league's top 5 through 5 games played.

93 ~ Austin Pettis (Rams)
82 ~ Chris Givens (Rams)
72 ~ Tavon Austin (Rams)
66 ~ Demaryius Thomas (Broncos)
64 ~ Torrey Smith (Ravens)

That Givens stat pisses me the fuck off too!

So we hold the top 3 spots out on how many WR in this league? If we just say 3 per team that 96! Top 3 out of 96 are Rams wide outs running routes, with screens removed, of 5 yards or less. So who is really to blame for the dink and dunks?

So while I agree that QB's make a difference, the teams they play on make a difference too!

That said, stop making excuses for everyone but the QB Junkie, it's irresponsible!

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuses am I making?
You must be dreaming.

I asked a question you still didn't answer Vita. Who are the Jets RBs, WRs, TE? O-line? And how did they beat ATL in ATL but our 4th year "stud" QB got schooled and treated like a gay fairy?

And as usual you are a bit off Vita. Afc championship 2 years ago? You mean 2010.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuses am I making?
You must be dreaming.
Dude you are like a broken record placing all the blame on Sam and the FO draft's and when others point to other culprits you want to call those excuses for Sam. You want to call Sam, Captain Checkdown in your signature line, and I just showed you that route stat and you had no reply.
93 ~ Austin Pettis (Rams)
82 ~ Chris Givens (Rams)
72 ~ Tavon Austin (Rams)
66 ~ Demaryius Thomas (Broncos)
64 ~ Torrey Smith (Ravens)

Top 3 out of 96 are Rams wide outs running routes, with screens removed, of 5 yards or less.
I think if you are looking for Captain Checkdown now you need to look at the guy on the sideline holding the clipboard..

That's bad and that's Brian!

Who are the Jets RBs, WRs, TE? O-line? And how did they beat ATL in ATL but our 4th year "stud" QB got schooled and treated like a gay fairy?
YOU state your arguments and I will mine. You got a point to make, make it.don't be :scared:

And as for the second part (underlined & bold) all of the Falcons last 5 games have been decided by 7 points or less and they are finding ways to lose. If we knew that back then we might of beat 'em :lol: Since we did mount a pretty decent comeback after going down big early. One could argue (I'll be it weak) 'As a result of our mid game adjustments, they haven't been the same since! :laugh3:

Anyway they won those type of one score games they were winning last year. They will get them some, but I think its too late now and their season may be over at 1-4. It's gonna take some pretty good play over there to get in now unless that low Wildcard spot goes for 9 wins or less this year. I still think they're a good team, just going through some struggles. At least no one would argue that they are the best 1-4 team right now, some like you might put them ahead of some 2-3 teams like ours.:noidea:

And as usual you are a bit off Vita. Afc championship 2 years ago? You mean 2010.
As usual my ass! So how is this wrong?
That same team that went to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row just a couple of seasons ago?

Since it was 2010 & 2011? :noidea:

Playoff history: New York Jets - ESPN

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Jets RBs WRs TE and O-line?

Answer: nobody knows because they are nobody's! Lol. But their rookie QB sure did make them look good and beat ATL. The jets offense was a joke the past few years....like the Rams. Interesting how a rookie QB taking over an awful Jets offense now has them at 3-2. Sanchez is gone, maybe if we draft a mobile rookie QB he may make a DIFFERENCE..

Light bulb

Vita.. Lol. It's 2013 right? Super Bowl will be in 2014 right? Jets haven't been to the AFC championship since 2010.

Should I break it down for you in sign language?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets were beaten by Manning when he was on Indy. This is Peyton's 2nd year with broncos and sat out 1 year. Can you do the math? That makes this Year 4.

I have a calculator buddy let me know.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line..... Lmao

Geno took over an awful offense and has weapons I have barely heard of.

AND he's getting it done making these guys look good. So why can't Sam do it?

Let's see if you can actually answer a question without giving a bunch of..

:bullshit:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point about Geno Smith and lets be real... The Jets would be no where near that production if Dirty Sanchez was the QB.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Jets fan at all and I was rooting for the Falcons to win but I was amazed at how well Smith commanded the offense and moved them down the field.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Jets RBs WRs TE and O-line?

Answer: nobody knows because they are nobody's! Lol. But their rookie QB sure did make them look good and beat ATL. The jets offense was a joke the past few years....like the Rams. Interesting how a rookie QB taking over an awful Jets offense now has them at 3-2. Sanchez is gone, maybe if we draft a mobile rookie QB he may make a DIFFERENCE..

Light bulb

Vita.. Lol. It's 2013 right? Super Bowl will be in 2014 right? Jets haven't been to the AFC championship since 2010.

Should I break it down for you in sign language?
Nobody's Pffffff!!!!!!!!!

I told you who they are and that's No. 11 in the league rushing. That says all we need to know about them. Who the flying freak cares if we know their names, blame SC (Sports Center) IDK!

Jets were beaten by Manning when he was on Indy. This is Peyton's 2nd year with broncos and sat out 1 year. Can you do the math? That makes this Year 4.

I have a calculator buddy let me know.
Dude just keep your calculator, it's not the problem however its the guy punching the buttons.

Read this part slow so maybe you'll understand....

You cant count this year because it's incomplete. It is a fraction therefore its not a season. Its a fraction of a season.

That said we count.

Season Number 1
2012 Baltimore/New England

Season Number 2
2011 New England/Baltimore

That's two seasons

Then it was

2011 Steelers/Jets
2010 Colts/Jets

Why are we splitting hairs over this any how, 2 seasons or 2.3 years season, it wasn't that long ago, that's the point.

Bottom line..... Lmao

Geno took over an awful offense and has weapons I have barely heard of.

AND he's getting it done making these guys look good. So why can't Sam do it?

Let's see if you can actually answer a question without giving a bunch of..

:bullshit:
Bottom line, you're on record, as many of us, saying Mark Sanchez is an awful QB, so it's no wonder we've never heard of these dudes. And if a QB makes a difference, than a bad QB (Sanchez) makes an even greater difference IMO.

Either way, we can't deny these two facts.

With the Rams, the passing offense is their strongest attribute.

Offensive Passing 16th
Defensive Passing 17th
Offensive Rushing 29th
Defensive Rushing 28th

Compared to the Jets, passing is their weakest attribute.

Defensive Rushing 2nd
Offensive Rushing 11th
Defensive Passing 13th
Offensive Passing 19th

Let's face it Rookie QB or not they are a pretty good team when you break it down like that.

Specially if you consider they've obtained those rankings with a QB who has thrown less TD's (7 & 1.4 pg) than Int's (8 & 1.6 pg).

Yep I'm sure its that stellar play from the QB that's driving them.

Hell, just because they got better at the position doesn't mean they are good at it.

This is just another example of you saying it's okay for a QB to have bad stats as long as they are are winning whether you want to admit it or not.

:nod:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate stats. I like guys that make plays at crunch time. I have never been a stat geek because they are misleading.

You know dam well Sam has hardly ever done a dam thing at crunch time. And the Jets are 11th in rushing because their QB is helping with that STAT.

You keep putting words in my mouth. And keep sticking up for a lousy QB. It just makes you look desperate.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Geno is leading an offense. What has Sam ever led?

A joke of an offense?

:noidea:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really don't care about the AFC conference championship that they lost in. Point is their offense has sucked for 2 years and even beyond that they just pounded the rock and played D!

Who's philosophy is that? And now? Geno took them into ATL and beat the Falcons, while scoring 30. What did Sam do with the weapons he has?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate stats.
Of course you do when they tell you things like who really is responsible for all those short throw. It's one less legit jab you can now take at Sammy.
I like guys that make plays at crunch time.
They gotta a stat for that you know.:laugh3:
You know dam well Sam has hardly ever done a dam thing at crunch time. And the Jets are 11th in rushing because their QB is helping with that STAT.
I'll agree he helps some but its only about 16 ypg more than the Rams and cerrtainly better than Sanchez.

You keep putting words in my mouth. And keep sticking up for a lousy QB. It just makes you look desperate.
Oh you spouted off those ideas and you know it. What, are you now saying you never said Sanchez was a crappy QB?

And I've said I'll stick with Sam but I've also said he's made more than his share of mistakes, he needs to play better, he needs to grow with this young offense. I just don't think this dude is as bad as you want to make him out to be and that's the difference. That's not sticking up for him Junkie, that's just calling them like I see 'em.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really don't care about the AFC conference championship that they lost in. Point is their offense has sucked for 2 years and even beyond that they just pounded the rock and played D!

Who's philosophy is that? And now? Geno took them into ATL and beat the Falcons, while scoring 30. What did Sam do with the weapons he has?
He played a very good game.

Best of his career with a 147.7 rating throwing 3 TD's and no Int's.

Side note ~ Wow! That puts him at 4TD's & 8 Int's going into Atlanta. No wonder you don't like stats!
giggle.gif

He got healthy because Atlanta is reeling right now!

Its so bad, they would have lost at home to the Jags last week, of course by 7 or less.

Here's a stat for ya, since you have such an aversion.

Geno had a September QBR of 68.6 and now a 147.7 for November. :omg:

How many other one hit wonders are you going throw out there to compare this Rams offense to?

Dude just face it, we suck so far this year because we are young, can't run the ball, can't throw the ball, can't defend the pass or defend the run and our ST's has so many penalties we should nickname them the Coal Miners since they love to dig a deep hole just about every chance they get. Is Sam part of the problem, hell yes! Is he the only problem, HELL NO!

Word!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, man... Vitamike seems to be making the much more compelling argument, here.

Geno took them into ATL and beat the Falcons, while scoring 30. What did Sam do with the weapons he has?

Regarding this... The Rams offense (yes... it's more than one guy ;)) scored 24. (24 points, btw, wins you more than half the games played this season.) Problem is the defense gave up 31.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Geno Smith isn't the best comparison. He has thrown 8 INT's already and has fumbled twice, losing one of them. Not to mention the Rams have scored more points than the Jets this season.

But, you are correct in that Bradford needs to step up with the receiving weapons that he has. There's no excuse for him to be playing mediocre anymore.