• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger Sucks

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
oy.. read closer.. people dont think he flat out sucks (well ander might, he's cynical haha).. people think he's overrated.

i don't think he is the greatest,or think he even breaks my top 5...however the big dork is one of the best all around d-man in the game.....name 5 d-man that has an all around d like him and i will shut my mouth about pronger......not just points.......

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think he is the greatest,or think he even breaks my top 5...however the big dork is one of the best all around d-man in the game.....name 5 d-man that has an all around d like him and i will shut my mouth about pronger......not just points.......

i would take (not necessarily in this order) before pronger:

nick lidstrom
drew doughty
duncan keith
kimmo timonen
andrej meszaros
ryan suter
ryan whitney*

all over him this season, and that's just at a quick glance.. ryan whitney gets the star because you'll probably laugh hysterically at that decision.. then you'd realize he had 27 points in 35 games and was a +13 on a god awful oilers team (-45 differential) before he got hurt

and just look at his numbers this season.. 17 points in 34 games and a +8 which is 14th on the flyers, 6th among d-men

he's good, i agree.. and yes he gets better in the playoffs.. and he's a good leader, bla bla bla.. but he's not the superstar, 'reason the flyers are what they are', d-man everyone makes him out to be

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats you have provided doesnt include all of the passing lasnes that his long reach takes up and prevents other teams from getting scoring opportunities and his reputation for being dirty which keeps guys from going in the corner with him or in front thus creating less scoring opportunities and again his long reach used for poke checks on incoming wingers who peel off most of the time as to not attack on his side preventing scoring chances.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awaz,
No way you can put Meszaros as better than him. He doesn't have to play night in and night out against the top lines. And he doesn't even have better stats. And Kimmo, while a much better defender, doesn't have nearly the offensive potency of Pronger. No argument on the others.
I don't think he is the sole reason our D is so good, but I will argue any post that claims he sucks. Overrated, overpaid, an ass to reporters? Maybe, but a Hall of Famer...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one bad play means he sucks? It's a long season. Every player is going to have some bad plays that they probably wish they had back. For example, a couple of games ago Leino had a huge turnover in our own end which directly led to a goal for the other team. It happens.

Did you not see my post with at least 4 videos from just the first two weeks where Pronger just watched as the other team skated/passed in circles around him?

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would take (not necessarily in this order) before pronger:

nick lidstrom
drew doughty
duncan keith
kimmo timonen
andrej meszaros
ryan suter
ryan whitney*

Yes
GOD YES!!
Meh
Yes
Probably
No
FUCK NO!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz,
No way you can put Meszaros as better than him. He doesn't have to play night in and night out against the top lines. And he doesn't even have better stats. And Kimmo, while a much better defender, doesn't have nearly the offensive potency of Pronger. No argument on the others.
I don't think he is the sole reason our D is so good, but I will argue any post that claims he sucks. Overrated, overpaid, an ass to reporters? Maybe, but a Hall of Famer...

we're good propp.. the bold is all i really want from people.. pronger doesnt suck.. saying he flat out sucks is just ridiculous..

but on the mesz point.. i do think there is a case for mesz being better than him this year.. he's been fantastic, and he has been playing night in and night out against the top lines.. pronger was out for a month (ish) and he took his spot.. and he still leads the league in +/-

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes
GOD YES!!
Meh
Yes
Probably
No
FUCK NO!

i was stretching it so the list was longer ander.. but seriously i was real surprised at ryan whitney this year.. i know you'll go off on a tangent about how this person is the worst to ever put on skates because that's what you like to do.. but the numbers dont lie, he had a phenomenal half-season i dont care what you say

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats you have provided doesnt include all of the passing lasnes that his long reach takes up and prevents other teams from getting scoring opportunities and his reputation for being dirty which keeps guys from going in the corner with him or in front thus creating less scoring opportunities and again his long reach used for poke checks on incoming wingers who peel off most of the time as to not attack on his side preventing scoring chances.

baby_reaching.gif

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see my post with at least 4 videos from just the first two weeks where Pronger just watched as the other team skated/passed in circles around him?

HOLY ZEUS' ASSHOLE!!!

4 whole videos where he made a poor play? We better trade him for a sack of day-old doughnuts ... while we can still even get that!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY ZEUS' ASSHOLE!!!

4 whole videos where he made a poor play? We better trade him for a sack of day-old doughnuts ... while we can still even get that!

4 videos of 5 goals over a span of 6 games. 5 goals in 6 games that were absolutely preventable with even the slightest effort on his part. I'd like to see where I said trade him, though. Everyone has been jumping on me about that, but I don't remember saying it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well discredit everything bad posted about Pronger that happened during this season. Why? He's been recovering from injury for most of the fucking season and as a future Hall of Famer, I'm willing to give him a break on only the 34 games he's played so far. None of us have even seen the real Chris Pronger yet this season and yet he'd still even be on pace for 41 points and a +19 rating for an 82 game season, which is not Pronger-esque, but it is still solid.

Just go back to last season for God's sake. He played in all 82 regular season games, was third on the team in points with 55 and had the best +/- at +22.

If he stays healthy for the remainder of the season, you can expect a lot more out of Pronger moving forward, especially once he gets his legs under him and in the playoffs as we all know.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked on this thread because I thought it was an obvious joke. Can't believe people actually think that he sucks.

What up JJ??

Only a couple think he kinda sucks, but that's alright, I hate a player on this team that all others seem to love, so... (shrug) ...it's all good. :cool:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well discredit everything bad posted about Pronger that happened during this season. Why? He's been recovering from injury for most of the fucking season and as a future Hall of Famer, I'm willing to give him a break on only the 34 games he's played so far. None of us have even seen the real Chris Pronger yet this season and yet he'd still even be on pace for 41 points and a +19 rating for an 82 game season, which is not Pronger-esque, but it is still solid.

Just go back to last season for God's sake. He played in all 82 regular season games, was third on the team in points with 55 and had the best +/- at +22.

If he stays healthy for the remainder of the season, you can expect a lot more out of Pronger moving forward, especially once he gets his legs under him and in the playoffs as we all know

Exactly!!