• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger Sucks

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy.. not worthless.. never said anything about him being worthless.. my point is he is not as good as he gets credit for in the defensive end.. that's all

Might I take you back title of this thread? Granted, it appears that it was started while Ander was in one of his sandy-v moods, but you agreed with him. That implies more than what you are claiming now. :cool:

Anywho, I still think he's a force on any team's d-corps. The puck just seems to (effortlessly, at times) find it's way right to his stick around his own net. He wins the puck battles in the corner, and (despite earlier claims) very seldom is out of place when a goal is scored.

Perhaps, biggest of all, he has turned Matt Carle into a legitimate NHL defeseman. When Carle first came to us, he was "Randy Jones" awful. I had dubbed him "rally killer" because he was absolutely 100% unable to pinch on the PP, leading to countless wasted seconds. Now, he looks like he knows what he is supposed to be doing out there ... coincidence? No, that's Prongs at work.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread.

Pronger may not be the greatest D man ever, but he is easily one of the top 5 greatest leaders to ever play the game. Period.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might I take you back title of this thread? Granted, it appears that it was started while Ander was in one of his sandy-v moods, but you agreed with him. That implies more than what you are claiming now. :cool:

Anywho, I still think he's a force on any team's d-corps. The puck just seems to (effortlessly, at times) find it's way right to his stick around his own net. He wins the puck battles in the corner, and (despite earlier claims) very seldom is out of place when a goal is scored.

Perhaps, biggest of all, he has turned Matt Carle into a legitimate NHL defeseman. When Carle first came to us, he was "Randy Jones" awful. I had dubbed him "rally killer" because he was absolutely 100% unable to pinch on the PP, leading to countless wasted seconds. Now, he looks like he knows what he is supposed to be doing out there ... coincidence? No, that's Prongs at work.

haha i didnt fully agree with the sucking, i was just happy i was no longer the only one that didnt like him :)

and i completely agree with the last paragraph.. he has definitely helped carle turn into a legit top-pair NHL d-man, and now, carle can cover up when pronger screws up :)

and as far as the middle paragraph, we'll just have to watch and see what happens.. there have been multiple times when he's been out of position when a goal is scored, and it's mostly around where you say the puck just seems to find him (the net).. my biggest beef with him is i expected him to be much better around the crease, and he's disappointed me.. but we'll pay close attention to his defensive work over the course of the next month or so and maybe you'll see what i'm talking about.. or maybe he could prove me wrong and then i'll just turn a blind eye and keep hating him :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread.

Pronger may not be the greatest D man ever, but he is easily one of the top 5 greatest leaders to ever play the game. Period.

thanks tox :)

but top 5 leaders? i'll have to think on it :cool:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, regardless of what any of you think, if you want to find the truth within this thread, go back to post #51 and re-read the facts that I presented for everyone. You're welcome to double check everything. I know I'm right.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to know why I made this thread? I'll warn you, make sure you have about 20 minutes free to watch all the video evidence.

Tampa Bay Lightning Goal: Steven Stamkos (4) - Versus Where the hell are you going?

1:03 in Teemu Selanne jumps into the way-back machine and skates like he's 22 again. At least when compared to Pronger.

0:30 in Chris Clark looks like Pavel Bure out there, doesn't he?

3:08 and 5:55 Way to tie up the guy in the slot 6 feet in front of the crease with your stick straight up in the air. And absolutely outstanding effort to deny Matt Cooke an uncontested empty netter.

0:37 in And the straw that broke the camel's back and forced this thread. He had the best seat on the ice to watch the passing play, didn't he?

I don't get what everyone else is getting at with playoffs this and playoffs that. Yea, he's good in the playoffs. But this isn't the playoffs, and he's been costing the Flyers goals all year. And no one has yet explained how his career numbers are making up for his lackluster play this year. But then again, under that logic, Gretzky could come back on any team and be the best player on that team. He's Gretzky, look at his career numbers! That clearly makes him the best.

Carle is still expendable. No one wants to disprove me?

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
we have the best rated defense in the league nuff said,i played d when i fucked up my partner made up for me and vice versa......no one is perfect bottom line he does more good then bad if you think we are better off with out pronger your smoking some crack straight from trenton nj.......his presense alone puts fear in the offense and that can change the play..

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have the best rated defense in the league nuff said,i played d when i fucked up my partner made up for me and vice versa......no one is perfect bottom line he does more good then bad if you think we are better off with out pronger your smoking some crack straight from trenton nj.......his presense alone puts fear in the offense and that can change the play..

I realize reading and writing the English language isn't your strong suit, but I'd like to know where anyone said the Flyers were a better team without Pronger. Everything was unchanged without him, not better.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to know why I made this thread? I'll warn you, make sure you have about 20 minutes free to watch all the video evidence.

Tampa Bay Lightning Goal: Steven Stamkos (4) - Versus Where the hell are you going?

1:03 in Teemu Selanne jumps into the way-back machine and skates like he's 22 again. At least when compared to Pronger.

0:30 in Chris Clark looks like Pavel Bure out there, doesn't he?

3:08 and 5:55 Way to tie up the guy in the slot 6 feet in front of the crease with your stick straight up in the air. And absolutely outstanding effort to deny Matt Cooke an uncontested empty netter.

0:37 in And the straw that broke the camel's back and forced this thread. He had the best seat on the ice to watch the passing play, didn't he?

I don't get what everyone else is getting at with playoffs this and playoffs that. Yea, he's good in the playoffs. But this isn't the playoffs, and he's been costing the Flyers goals all year. And no one has yet explained how his career numbers are making up for his lackluster play this year. But then again, under that logic, Gretzky could come back on any team and be the best player on that team. He's Gretzky, look at his career numbers! That clearly makes him the best.

Carle is still expendable. No one wants to disprove me?

This is a large enough sample size for a man who's played 100+ games for us? Really?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see it. Pronger is getting older. He is not on the Blues anymore. Naturally he is not going to be as good. I still think he is effective, but clearly he is losing it. Our D, even with "sucky" Pronger, is still better than 95% of the leagues. Not to mention we hvae the best god damn D in the Eastern Conference and as of now the best team. If these past 45 games have shown me what our D is like then fine Pronger sucks. We are winning games, and letting in goals that are going to go in / Bob letting weak ones in.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I realize reading and writing the English language isn't your strong suit, but I'd like to know where anyone said the Flyers were a better team without Pronger. Everything was unchanged without him, not better.

who died and made you the the english teacher,who gives a shit about that stuff its a freaking sports site....are we clear about that.....what fucking nerve of some people

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers are better with Pronger on this team period strong offense strong defense and great leader.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked on this thread because I thought it was an obvious joke. Can't believe people actually think that he sucks.