• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger Sucks

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does taking the Oilers and Ducks to the Cup contribute to this year's Flyers? Is that the reason he fails to clear the puck every time he's on the PK? Or why he watches tic tac toe passing right next to him lead to a goal? He's been awful defensively all year and continues to be horrible in today's game.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....Pronger sucks yet Leighton gets a pass for his "conditioning".

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does taking the Oilers and Ducks to the Cup contribute to this year's Flyers? Is that the reason he fails to clear the puck every time he's on the PK? Or why he watches tic tac toe passing right next to him lead to a goal? He's been awful defensively all year and continues to be horrible in today's game.

woooo i have an ally!!!!! :D

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....Pronger sucks yet Leighton gets a pass for his "conditioning".

There's a difference between first start in 2 months and not improving since your first start 2 months ago.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THere is a big difference between not playing well, and sucks. He has not played great this year, but after last season, how can anyone grade Pronger on anything except his post-season performance. THe team is one of the best in the league, and he only gets better in the post season. I have no problem with anyone ripping his play, but he has taken 3 CUp starved fanchises to the FInals. At least two of them in his first year on the team. He was a HUGE reason they got there last season. Not the only one by any stretch, but they don't get there without him. He wasn't that great last regular season either...
Also, in less games played than any other regular defenseman, he already has the most points of any defenseman...

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you what, I dont give a rat's ass as long as we win games. He could play better, but so could everyone. Giroux tried to get fancy today, Isles goal.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, in less games played than any other regular defenseman, he already has the most points of any defenseman...

He also has the worst +/- of all the defensemen. I'm not saying he's been bad offensively, I'm saying he is completely lost defensively. And it's not even his skating or age to blame. His positioning has been dreadful and his effort has been lacking at some points. It's like he zones out for shifts at a time and just stands in one position while the other team scores.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also has the worst +/- of all the defensemen. I'm not saying he's been bad offensively, I'm saying he is completely lost defensively. And it's not even his skating or age to blame. His positioning has been dreadful and his effort has been lacking at some points. It's like he zones out for shifts at a time and just stands in one position while the other team scores.

that's what i've been saying since he came to philly.. he definitely plays well offensively, no doubt.. i rarely ever have anything to complain about when the puck is in the offensive zone.. and he's also a great leader with an uncanny ability to divert all the media attention to himself..

defensively though, he's overrated.. my biggest gripe with him is his inability to clear the crease.. he was brought here to do that and 8/10 times he refuses to do it.. and on some nights a cross ice pass in front of pronger has less of a chance of getting intercepted than one made in open ice.. if i had my pick of d-men on the flyers when i'm trying to preserve a 1 goal lead, pronger is 4th or 5th on my list

timmo/coburn/carle all definitely above him.. possibly mesz, i think he's been great so far this season

and i dont necessarily think he sucks, i just dont think he's anywhere close to as good as people make him out to be.. if he was as good as people made him out to be, he wouldnt be on the ice for 5 goals (directly responsible for 2 or 3), and in the box for a 6th, all in the same game (montreal series*).. i realize its one game, and that it was a while back, but thats an awful performance, guys talked about as one of the best d-men in the game, dont have those kinds of performances.. he may have been there at one point in his career, but he's not anymore..

and to go alone with him being overrated, i think carle is extremely underrated.. i think carle does just as much for pronger nowadays, as pronger does for carle

*there are other games that he's had where he's been on the ice for 3 or 4 goals, thats just the one that sticks out to me the most

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awaz, I pretty much agree with you there. Overrated sounds more accurate than sucks. That said, he does bring something on the ice that isn't necessarily trackable. And that is his style, and how little others want to play against him. I don't think that shows up as much in the regular season. I remember being down on him all last year, then just shocked at how much of a difference he makes in the playoffs. As for the one Montreal game, that was brutal. But if you follow a player for 100 games, you are going to see flaws that you don't see in other elite players...

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
if it was not for his play last year,we wouldn't of stand a chance......he will be fine we are in first place

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a few weeks ago that I thought he looked a little slow. I thought and still think it is conditioniing and he will be there when needed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, I pretty much agree with you there. Overrated sounds more accurate than sucks. That said, he does bring something on the ice that isn't necessarily trackable. And that is his style, and how little others want to play against him. I don't think that shows up as much in the regular season. I remember being down on him all last year, then just shocked at how much of a difference he makes in the playoffs. As for the one Montreal game, that was brutal. But if you follow a player for 100 games, you are going to see flaws that you don't see in other elite players...

he's definitely a presence in the playoffs, and he eats minutes like no other (except maybe timmo).. but what makes me use the word 'hate' when it comes to pronger, is the fact that so many people, probably 90-95% of hockey fans, say he's the reason the flyers made it as far as they did last year.. and that's just not true.. giroux, briere, and leino are the reason we made it as far as we did last year.. pronger was very valuable, true, but i'd say giroux and leino breaking out, coupled with briere's possessed playoff form, is the reason we came within 2 games of the cup

those were the 4 most valuable players to the flyers in the playoffs, i'd say pronger was probably 3rd (briere and giroux above him)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight, Pronger played the way he's supposed to play. Could be from familiarity with the Sharks, or could be a sign of things to come. I don't know.

But Pronger did not suck tonight.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he steps it up when the games really count!