• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prince Tega Wanogho??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, this forum has gotten to discuss cheesesteaks more than football. Please get this virus over with!!!

Much more comity on the cheesesteak subject...

As it happens I had one yesterday, a home made one my wife made, and it was pretty darn good. More high end than a store one and different but damn good, with peppers and cheese.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go to McNally’s at the top of Chestnut Hill and have a Schmitters? Loved them as a kid and they got so popular they sold them at Eagle games? Not really a cheese steak but it was a Kaiser roll, steak, salami and onions with a secret sauce. They were pretty damn good.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there many years ago, probably before you were born. My son lived in C.Hill for many years. Now lives in Montgomeryville, but is moving soon to Lancaster.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go to McNally’s at the top of Chestnut Hill and have a Schmitters? Loved them as a kid and they got so popular they sold them at Eagle games? Not really a cheese steak but it was a Kaiser roll, steak, salami and onions with a secret sauce. They were pretty damn good.
I ate 6 of them one night at WIP during the Glenn Macnow show. I competed against 3 other people for a spot in Wingbowl. I won nd I came in 6th place at Wingbowl 13.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate 6 of them one night at WIP during the Glenn Macnow show. I competed against 3 other people for a spot in Wingbowl. I won nd I came in 6th place at Wingbowl 13.

My man! Good?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your handle at that event, Manny?

Who ate the most cheesesteaks, or did they have a contest to vote on the best one? If so, who won - Tony Luke's?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried John's Roast Pork cheesesteaks? I'm not a big roast pork sandwhich, but their cheesesteaks have been voted THE BEST! And, you have heard me rave about the Collegeville Bakery.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest thing to happen to "Philly Chessesteaks" in FL was when smart places starting getting their bread from up north. Makes all the difference in the world.

Its also why "NY style pizza" is meh down here. I knew one place nearby that used to make the drive monthly with a tank and come back full of Bronx tap water. They did not make it, of course, but the crust they had was unreal!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has the best sandwiches, and NYC has the best pizza and bagels, because it's the water that makes the difference. NYC has the best filtering watering system in the U.S.
NY also has the best deli's. I've never been to Katz's deli, but maybe someone else on this forum has.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a huge steal for the Eagles....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may get crucified for this, but I think cheesesteaks are overrated. If you are not from the area and visit Philly, go to some neighborhood Italian restaurants instead, like Villa di Roma on 9th street near the Italian Market. My brother in law lives in that neighborhood in South Philly and when I come visit we usually go there straight from the airport.

Miss the old South Philly? It lives on at Villa di Roma

Cheesesteaks overrated?

:crazy:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate 6 of them one night at WIP during the Glenn Macnow show. I competed against 3 other people for a spot in Wingbowl. I won and I came in 6th place at Wingbowl 13.

Yeah for those who don't know, Manny is legit in the competitive eating space, don't offer to buy lunch for this guy. I recall when all this went down on the KFFL boards. :D

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for those who don't know, Manny is legit in the competitive eating space, don't offer to buy lunch for this guy. I recall when all this went down on the KFFL boards. :D

You memory is much better than mine. Take your word for it. I couldn't even finish a large cheesesteak at John's.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you tried John's Roast Pork cheesesteaks? I'm not a big roast pork sandwhich, but their cheesesteaks have been voted THE BEST! And, you have heard me rave about the Collegeville Bakery.

I haven’t been to Johns but I had one of those slow cooked pork sandwiches with broccoli rabbi cooked in garlic and butter with provolone and I was seriously debating if it was better then a cheese steak. Them shits are off the hook. Amazing Sammy!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids rave abut Dinick's in Reading Terminal have the best Roast Pork w/broccoli rabe. For just a roast beef, Nick's Roast Beef, in S. Philly is the ultimate. They also have one in Springfield Delco that's also good, and even has more to offer than the Original in S. Philly. Thee's one in N.E., but I don't think they are the same, even though they are good.

See? Philly is THE best area for sandwiches.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids rave abut Dinick's in Reading Terminal have the best Roast Pork w/broccoli rabe. For just a roast beef, Nick's Roast Beef, in S. Philly is the ultimate. They also have one in Springfield Delco that's also good, and even has more to offer than the Original in S. Philly. Thee's one in N.E., but I don't think they are the same, even though they are good.

See? Philly is THE best area for sandwiches.
Dinic's is incredible. I had a trade show at the convention center a couple months ago and ate one everyday.

Philadelphia is the center of the universe for sandwiches.

I don't think we even mentioned Paesano's yet.