• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prince Tega Wanogho??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like whiz?

I Definitely prefer American

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like provolone on hoagies, but American does melt in very good with the steak. I like Whiz too. I may not be a gourmet, but I like what I like. Better than dope John Kerry, who asked for Swiss on a cheesesteak at Geno's. LOL.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Dalessandro's I definitely go with american cheese and onions on the steaks. I think that is actually the most popular order too.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of cheesesteaks... when I worked behind the counter of a Publix Deli (full access to Boars Head products)... I made my own hoagies, the best combination I found was:
  • Boars Head Roast Beef
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
  • American Cheese
  • Onions
  • Light Jalapenos
Nothing else. All grilled in butter and the meat chopped up fine, served on a Publix sub roll (they make a good roll)

:hungry:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like whiz?

I Definitely prefer American
Provolone.

Sharp provolone is best.

I can't decide if American or whiz is more pathetic on a cheesesteak, but fortunately I don't have to.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Dalessandro's I definitely go with american cheese and onions on the steaks. I think that is actually the most popular order too.

Try the Collegeville Bakery! I think it's the best.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of cheesesteaks... when I worked behind the counter of a Publix Deli (full access to Boars Head products)... I made my own hoagies, the best combination I found was:
  • Boars Head Roast Beef
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
  • American Cheese
  • Onions
  • Light Jalapenos
Nothing else. All grilled in butter and the meat chopped up fine, served on a Publix sub roll (they make a good roll)

I live in Florida, Publix is awesome. Their sandwiches are great.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Florida, Publix is awesome. Their sandwiches are great.
Yep.

Quality place to work, too.

I made some awesome sandwiches when I worked deli shifts... I had a fair amount of customers look for me and request I make their hot sub... I made a mean Boars Head Buffalo Chicken "Philly" as well.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Quality place to work, too.

I made some awesome sandwiches when I worked deli shifts... I had a fair amount of customers look for me and request I make their hot sub... I made a mean Boars Head Buffalo Chicken "Philly" as well.
Publix is a little expensive, but it is definitely quality.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are crazy they have excellent sharp provolone.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like provolone on hoagies but not so much on cheesesteaks. It doesn't melt as well.

Honestly, this is also probably sacrilege but as a kid I liked pizza steaks the best.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Boars Head Roast Beef
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
  • American Cheese
  • Onions
  • Light Jalapenos

Publix is the best grocery store I've ever been to. But, you have to be in Philly, suburbs, or S. Jersey to get a good cheesesteak. Some places make a tasty sandwich, but an authentic cheesesteak is not a sandwich. It's simply a cheesesteak. Ask Rey, who is in Florida, but from the Philly area.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like provolone on hoagies but not so much on cheesesteaks. It doesn't melt as well.

Honestly, this is also probably sacrilege but as a kid I liked pizza steaks the best.

I'm with ya!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Publix is the best grocery store I've ever been to. But, you have to be in Philly, suburbs, or S. Jersey to get a good cheesesteak. Some places make a tasty sandwich, but an authentic cheesesteak is not a sandwich. It's simply a cheesesteak. Ask Rey, who is in Florida, but from the Philly area.
I hear you, and I don't disagree.

I'm from the northeast originally... I try to explain stuff like the above to my wife (who has only ever lived in Florida and Georgia, and doesn't travel much)... and she just doesn't get it.

I enjoy living in Georgia, especially the part of the state that I live in... but what I miss most about the north is the food of my youth.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pizza steals works. Not that big a difference between pizza sauce and ketchup.
My Dad took me to Dalesandros in the mid 1970’s. They’ve been there forever. Used to have a girlfriend who worked there and brought them home nightly back in my late teens when you could eat like that daily and not feel guilty.
I like the hood steak shops like the old Explorers Den near La Salle and Paganos up on Cheltenham and Ogontz. The hood shops made them fat!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They opened a Tony Luke's franchise in Houston not far from where I live a couple of years ago, and it was actually pretty solid. Sadly, it went under. I don't think people knew what to make of it and it wasn't advertised well. In other parts of the country, people have never actually had a real cheesesteak and the idea of eating one doesn't even enter their minds.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They opened a Tony Luke's franchise in Houston not far from where I live a couple of years ago, and it was actually pretty solid. Sadly, it went under. I don't think people knew what to make of it and it wasn't advertised well. In other parts of the country, people have never actually had a real cheesesteak and the idea of eating one doesn't even enter their minds.

There’s a place here in Phoenix that’s ok. They do get they key part which is the Amoroso rolls. In Philly they’d be a 6 out of 10 but it works in an emergency.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ther is a place in Denver called Taste of Philly, there hoagies and cheese steaks are as good as most places in Philly. They get Amoroso rolls shipped in, and he slices ribeye for the meat. The hoagies are the same because he gets good lunch meats.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta have provolone on my cheesesteak. I like the cheese whiz on my fries though.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collegeville is only 20 ,minutes from KofP. Somebody please check it out to verify my claim that they're as good as any of the others. Also, I don't care if a cheesesteak has a pound og steak or not. I just want the best tasting ones.
Any place across the country that wants to have a good cheesesteak must import good bread like Amoroso's. Now, Primo Hoagies have about the best bread, as they get unbaked Liscio's from Jersey, and have them shipped to all locations, even in Florida.Then they bake the rolls fresh in their ovens at each location. Primo's steaks are not the best, as they are oven roasted, not fried. Big mistake. Primo's are now located on the entire East coast. Bread is the place to start, but you still have to use sliced Rib-eye steak to get the best meat.

Boy, this forum has gotten to discuss cheesesteaks more than football. Please get this virus over with!!!