• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game Thread: 2016-17 Season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like cuban but he is far from immune from mistakes- i mean he did trade crowder and a first for rondo.

Whiteside is gonna implode once the losses start piling up. Think about it- that is the guy who has the key's to the car for the Heat franchise. I would completely and utterly terrified. In what world is it a good idea for Dragic and Whiteside to be making a combined 40 million dollars and leading your team?

time will tell---- and I CANT WAIT.

1. Its nobodys fault that Bosh is out. We're playing the season at a major disadvantage before it even starts.

2. Losses piling up will cause an implosion? Why? 26 or so teams have no shot before it even begins.
Whiteside should have a BLAST this season being the/a main guy.

Honestly, I think this group will be fun to watch most nights and we now have clarity with Bosh so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Im hoping we're lottery this year btw, so losses wont bother me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Losses piling up will cause an implosion? Why? 26 or so teams have no shot before it even begins.
Whiteside should have a BLAST this season being the/a main guy.

e.
thats a good point- he might really just not give a fuck about winning and be more than happy to get a ton of shots on a shitty team.....i guess i didnt consider that....

still- i think he gets suspended for cheap shotting someone for a 3rd straight year....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiz way overpaid for Mahinmi, so i'll refrain from talking shit.
i mean- do you think the mozgov deal was anything but a huge freaking disaster?

I think Harrison Barnes will turnout to be the worst.

I don't know if he's pressing to live up to that deal or if he is really just GAWD AWFUL.

But, he might need a Sports Psychologist before this Season is over.

I like the kid. But, the pressure on him is huge.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if he's pressing to live up to that deal or if he is really just GAWD AWFUL.

barnes is at least athletic and healthy and young- at least there is hope there.

i remember him coming into UNC he was the #1 prospect in the country...he is just so soft though mentally. if you could put dion waiters irrationale confidence in barnes body you might have one good player.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to think he's just garbage. Dallas is in for a world of hurt this season.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barnes is at least athletic and healthy and young- at least there is hope there.

i remember him coming into UNC he was the #1 prospect in the country...he is just so soft though mentally. if you could put dion waiters irrationale confidence in barnes body you might have one good player.

I don't know about Solomon Hill either.

But, I'd rather have him at 4/50 than Barnes at 4/94.

Poor Dirk.

Between overpaying Barnes and Matthews, I don't see how they expect to improvement

I don't know why Dallas didn't just roll with Anderson.

His height might not be ideal.

But, he showed up big time for them in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think he's just garbage. Dallas is in for a world of hurt this season.
Carlisle is the best coach in the league not named Popivich.....I think Dallas will have a solid year.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlisle is the best coach in the league not named Popivich.....I think Dallas will have a solid year.
They're gonna suck. I don't think they can stay healthy.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they were gonna be garbage last Season.

So, you might be right.

I like some of their youngsters.

Powell, Anderson sand Finney-Smith have good upside.

Plus, like you said, Carlisle is the man.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good point- he might really just not give a fuck about winning and be more than happy to get a ton of shots on a shitty team.....i guess i didnt consider that....

still- i think he gets suspended for cheap shotting someone for a 3rd straight year....

Please stop.
Every player wants to win, but they are realistic.
If he didnt care, or love the game, then he wouldnt have evolved into what he now is less than 2 years after playing at the YMCA.

Does Cousins not want to win?
Howard? Horford? Drummond?, etc...

As far as suspended/ejected..
Who knows?
You dont think any Cavs get suspended/ejected this season?
If opponents continue to bait him , taunt him, cheapshot him all game, then im cool with him knocking someones teeth out.

Knock him all you want, fact is, hes the only human ever in the NBA to go from a minimum to teams fighting for at a max.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah he made 5.5 million on the Cavs and was a steady role player. Ill take Mozgov on a 2 year 11 million dollar deal ANYDAY like what he had when the Cavs traded for him.

Even if the Lakers just gave the guy 2 years 30 million- i mean- i still cant believe giving him 15M a year- but 2 years at least only takes him to 32 years old and mitigates your risk.

paying Mozgov over 16 million in his age 34 season? why not just poor gasoline all over the cash and torch it?

again we were talking about Dwight Howard. clearly your trolling talents need a little polish...

but since you wanna talk shitty contracts TT is all i'll say...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah that is pretty wretched as well....at least he is usually relatively healthy.

the STEAL the Cavs got on the Tristan Thompson contract just looks soooo much better now- just as i said it would.

oh NOW he's a steal? not when he originally got the deal...

guess Kissing LeClown's ass was worth it though...:kissass:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh NOW he's a steal? not when he originally got the deal...

guess Kissing LeClown's ass was worth it though...:kissass:

He's far from a steal.
He's a very limited role player, but is in a good situation for himself.
It's EXACTLY the same for J.R., correct?
He pretty much could only thrive under the right conditions.
Take James out of the equation and both are not even close to relevant NBA players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again we were talking about Dwight Howard. clearly your trolling talents need a little polish...

but since you wanna talk shitty contracts TT is all i'll say...
OMG I MENTIONED A LAKER!!! OH MY GODDDD!!! IS THAT NOT ALLOWED!! LOL

i was comparing shit contracts to Dwights contract- and Mozgov has- in my opinion- a contract that is not only shit- but is one of the worst in the history of the league. The money is one thing--- yah--- okay- i get it- he doesnt deserve it at all- especially considering he was injured for a lot of last year and then couldnt make it on the court to save his life--- but 4 years? for a guy that has had one decent half season with Cleveland? LOL

cmon- you know that deal is a huge freaking joke just as much as everyone else out there

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's far from a steal.
He's a very limited role player, but is in a good situation for himself.
It's EXACTLY the same for J.R., correct?
He pretty much could only thrive under the right conditions.
Take James out of the equation and both are not even close to relevant NBA players.
limited? lol

he is one of the most versatile big men in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. He is the type of guy you WIN with.

Whiteside? lets see how many wins the "most dominant center in the league is worth" ....Drummond won 44 on a very mediocre pistons team otherwise last year and is primed for even better things this year--- at the age of 23...when Whiteside was 23 he was blackballed from the league for being a humongous asshole. lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
limited? lol

he is one of the most versatile big men in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. He is the type of guy you WIN with.

Whiteside? lets see how many wins the "most dominant center in the league is worth" ....Drummond won 44 on a very mediocre pistons team otherwise last year and is primed for even better things this year--- at the age of 23...when Whiteside was 23 he was blackballed from the league for being a humongous asshole. lol.

TT is versatile defensively, but not overall as a player. He does his job on offense, which is in a limited capacity. Nothing wrong with that being a cog on the offense, but he's very far removed from versatile on offense.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG I MENTIONED A LAKER!!! OH MY GODDDD!!! IS THAT NOT ALLOWED!! LOL

i was comparing shit contracts to Dwights contract- and Mozgov has- in my opinion- a contract that is not only shit- but is one of the worst in the history of the league. The money is one thing--- yah--- okay- i get it- he doesnt deserve it at all- especially considering he was injured for a lot of last year and then couldnt make it on the court to save his life--- but 4 years? for a guy that has had one decent half season with Cleveland? LOL

cmon- you know that deal is a huge freaking joke just as much as everyone else out there

soooo...who mentioned Howard's contract, dingbat...?

believe that was YOU. try and play it off as much as you like...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
limited? lol

QUITE limited...

is what it is...:D

tell us more about this supposed "versatility" you see, because evidently we're not seeing the same guy...