• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the Top 10 P5 Teams of the Decade

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the sentiment, but come on man. You seem like you believe all this nonsense you are saying.

My favorite was earlier this week when one of their Fortune500 companies shat all over the Gophers with their new Minnesota Badgers apparel.

To be fair, Wisconsin was probably more embarrassed at being associated with the joke that is Minnesota athletics than Minnesota was.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State and Ohio State reside in great recruiting areas. They should both be top 10. No other in the Big 10. Clemson is on a roll, and should remain so for the next 10 years. Florida State is a maybe. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and LSU are the teams for the SEC. Tradition and their locale should dictate continued success. Should Saban retire early, it could change things in Alabama. No reason for Oklahoma to decline. Texas could make the list, as long as recruiting keeps up. Great defensive players don't want to go there. Oregon is a good bet to be the dominant team in the PAC. USC could rejoin the list. Then we have Notre Dame, which has been around near the top for a long time. A real good bet they'll continue.

Wild cards. Washington, Wisconsin, Michigan, Tennessee, and Baylor.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent chance Florida State and/or Miami rebounds given the state of the ACC. Minnesota seems like the odd pick there. They simply haven't shown they can recruit well enough to consistently be a top 10 team.

It's too cold for top recruits to go to the MSP area.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon played a tougher SOS than Minnesota last year...try again,

Maybe? All of UMn's ooc opponents that had great seasons the year before, all slipped down to some degree, mostly pretty far down. Hard to predict such things.

Those 3 teams went 33-8 or something like that, combined in 2018.

But UMn had a much tougher top heavy portion of our schedule.

UMn played 4 Top 15 ranked teams last year. Oregon played 3

We both played Auburn and Wisconsin, we both went 1-1 vs those 2.

Other than that, Oregon played Utah, and Minnesota played Iowa. That's about a wash, although Iowa did finish ahead of Utah. :)

South Dakota St and Montana, well, I'd argue SDSU was the better team but they are FCS so who cares, call it a wash.

So what team on Oregon's schedule matches up with UMn's playing Top Ten ranked Penn St?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the sentiment, but come on man. You seem like you believe all this nonsense you are saying.

Didn't say I didn't believe it. Just said I don't take it seriously. It doesn't matter. More important things in life than sports. It's probably one of the reasons I bring up so many things outside of sports into the discussions. Straight sports would get boring to me which is kind of crazy seeing as I am a fan of most all of the sports out there.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite was earlier this week when one of their Fortune500 companies shat all over the Gophers with their new Minnesota Badgers apparel.

To be fair, Wisconsin was probably more embarrassed at being associated with the joke that is Minnesota athletics than Minnesota was.

Says the guy whose a fan of a program that has NEVER won a Natl Title in football, and the only title they won in cbb isn't even recognized by anyone outside of the organization that stands to benefit from claiming Oregon was the Champs. Zero titles in Baseball, too. And of course no hockey program. Oh, but they have cross country and the ONE alum who unlike all his fellow alums that make almost next to nothing in their sport, made 100 million bucks. lol

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy whose a fan of a program that has NEVER won a Natl Title in football, and the only title they won in cbb isn't even recognized by anyone outside of the organization that stands to benefit from claiming Oregon was the Champs. Zero titles in Baseball, too. And of course no hockey program. Oh, but they have cross country and the ONE alum who unlike all his fellow alums that make almost next to nothing in their sport, made 100 million bucks. lol

The top runners make big money. No need to be jealous.

The fact is that Oregon continues to play a tougher schedule than Minnesota.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things here

1) you are complaining about me looking into the past as if you weren’t the one that started this shit show. Your team hasn’t been relevant nationally for 60 plus years. Yet here you are trying to tell us they are.

2) you are calling college football unpredictable all the while basically garuntee’n Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan to finish the season ranked.

Perhaps it’s you that isn’t acknowledging that.

Gophers have been relevant the last 60 years, just not as relevant as other programs.

And there is SOME predictability in cfb. Just about anyone can predict who 6 of the Top 10 teams will probably be next season, and 3 or 4 of their other Top Ten's will still be ranked, most likely. But it's when you have to start predicting the teams ranked #16-#25 that the unpredictability comes more into play, and hence where all of those 40+ games I mentioned could come into play sometime in the next 6 years.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is pure trash.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean by nonsense?

Fleck's for real man. Minnesota is as well.

They've been investing in football for almost 2 decades now, built a new Stadium, then built a new state of the art, Elite Practice Facility, a Student Village and Leadership Center, upgrading their overall football program by hundreds of millions of dollars, and were working on building up the program on a slow and steady pace under Jerry Kill, but then when his health issues kicked in, well, it was perfect timing to bring in Fleck. The perfect coach for the perfect situation at the perfect school.

And he's out done what Dabo did at Clemson his first 3 years, and is on pace with Dabo's earliest recruiting classes as well, so I don't see any reason why he can't match Dabo's on field performances even if he doesn't quite match the recruiting rankings accomplishments, as Fleck has proven over and over now that he doesn't need the better athletes to win.

So of course I believe everything I post.

I believe UMn helped the Allies win WW2 more than any other state in the Nation, too.

I have fun with it all, but I believe everything basically. With the exception of stupid sh1t like all West Virginians are married to their sisters and are missing most of their teeth, lol. Stuff like that is just poking fun. But otherwise everything sports, politics, religion wise, and everything about the U of Mn, I totally believe, absolutely.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top runners make big money. No need to be jealous.

The fact is that Oregon continues to play a tougher schedule than Minnesota.

"top runners"? You mean, like the top 5-10? All the rest make tiddly winks?

LOL.

UMn last year had over 20 former Gophers in the NHL alone, making good money. Kessel was/is getting 8 mil a year, I believe?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers have been relevant the last 60 years, just not as relevant as other programs.

And there is SOME predictability in cfb. Just about anyone can predict who 6 of the Top 10 teams will probably be next season, and 3 or 4 of their other Top Ten's will still be ranked, most likely. But it's when you have to start predicting the teams ranked #16-#25 that the unpredictability comes more into play, and hence where all of those 40+ games I mentioned could come into play sometime in the next 6 years.

So you are going against what you just tried to rail me on. Got it

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by nonsense?

Fleck's for real man. Minnesota is as well.

They've been investing in football for almost 2 decades now, built a new Stadium, then built a new state of the art, Elite Practice Facility, a Student Village and Leadership Center, upgrading their overall football program by hundreds of millions of dollars, and were working on building up the program on a slow and steady pace under Jerry Kill, but then when his health issues kicked in, well, it was perfect timing to bring in Fleck. The perfect coach for the perfect situation at the perfect school.

And he's out done what Dabo did at Clemson his first 3 years, and is on pace with Dabo's earliest recruiting classes as well, so I don't see any reason why he can't match Dabo's on field performances even if he doesn't quite match the recruiting rankings accomplishments, as Fleck has proven over and over now that he doesn't need the better athletes to win.

So of course I believe everything I post.

I believe UMn helped the Allies win WW2 more than any other state in the Nation, too.

I have fun with it all, but I believe everything basically. With the exception of stupid sh1t like all West Virginians are married to their sisters and are missing most of their teeth, lol. Stuff like that is just poking fun. But otherwise everything sports, politics, religion wise, and everything about the U of Mn, I totally believe, absolutely.

Basically this right here ^^^^ is nonsense. But yes, we know you believe that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say I didn't believe it. Just said I don't take it seriously. It doesn't matter. More important things in life than sports. It's probably one of the reasons I bring up so many things outside of sports into the discussions. Straight sports would get boring to me which is kind of crazy seeing as I am a fan of most all of the sports out there.

So you aren’t taking it seriously but you believe what you are spewing? Does that make sense?

I agree there is more important things than sports. But this is a SPORTS forum more specifically a college football forum. You bringing up academia and Nobel peace prizes further makes you look like you don’t know what you are talking about. Just an FYI.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically this right here ^^^^ is nonsense. But yes, we know you believe that.

What's nonsense, be more specific. I'm not the only one in here who believes Fleck is for real and one of the best cfb coaches in the game. Or are you referring to the WW2 stuff?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you aren’t taking it seriously but you believe what you are spewing? Does that make sense?

I agree there is more important things than sports. But this is a SPORTS forum more specifically a college football forum. You bringing up academia and Nobel peace prizes further makes you look like you don’t know what you are talking about. Just an FYI.

It's not that I don't know what I am talking about, it's that I'm not a neanderthal like so many cfb only fans are, I like variety and it's funny to me that the only people never willing to talk about things outside of football are jackasses whose favorite team reps a school that sucks at everything outside of cfb. Go figure, lol. Unlike them, I know when a school deserves respect and when they don't, so I don't go around disrespecting good schools, but on rare occasions an overly sensitive cfb fan of one of the really good schools, feels disrespected because maybe I said something negative about their coach or how they did one particular season or by another poster and not one of those schools failed to have at least one fan of them who was more than willing to bring up sh1t outside of what happens on the football field.

It's SO predictable, a Michigan fan will go there, if they feel the need, although they rarely feel the need, same with a Texas fan, etc.. A WVU fan, for example, NEVER wants to go there, EVER. For good reason, their school SUCKS. Bama fans are USUALLY smart enough not to go there, seeing as all they have produced outside of cfb is Gomer Pyle, Forrest Gump(they literally claim the fictional character, lol), George Wallace, the anti-American Southern Poverty Law Center and the founder of the Heaven's Gate cult and didn't allow their first black student onto campus until 19 fucking 65 for holy fucks sake??!!!! Racist pieces of shit. Not sure how any black man could ever stomach playing for that school, but whatever? I guess 1965 was a long time ago???

And then you neanderthals so often want to discount all of history, oh, well, except when it helps you somehow. Going too far back into the past is not legit, but you then turn around and claim that a school not doing well from 2000-2015 is somehow relevant to 2020???

Fucking Cincy, KSU, Kansas, Miami of Ohio, Houston, WMU, UCF, Arizona, Arizona St, Wazzu, Mizzou, Oregon St, etc., have all had incredible seasons, most getting into the Top 10, some climbing as high as #4 in the country. How is that possible? NONE of them ever did it before? I must be lying and making sh1t up, right? If they never did it before, then it's impossible for them to ever be able to do it, EVER, right???

I could include WVU in that list. Before 1988, WVU had NEVER EVER cracked single digits in the rankings, so it was impossible for them to ever do it, right? But somehow they got to #5 in the rankings? How is that possible? Well then they sucked for all but one year of the next 15, so it was impossible for them to be good ever again, right? Well, they had a very short 3 year period of good football, and now here you are a dozen years later thinking you can talk all kinds of smack about how Minnesota CAN NEVER EVER BE any good???

Fuck you man, not one single Top 4 finish EVER, in WVU's ENTIRE HISTORY??? Fuck, Cincy and Oregon St and Arizona, etc. all can claim at least that much, but not WVU, lol. So why don't you just STFU man. UMn may have to go back to 1960 to claim a Top 4 finish, but at least we can claim one, something WVU has NEVER EVER EVER been able to claim, so I could be like you and claim that WVU officially does not even exist and is not worthy of EVER being talked about, because your team might be the only team in the P5 cfb history to have NEVER EVER finished in the Top 4, not even once??? Hell, UMn's got more Natl Titles than WVU has Top 10 finishes!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's nonsense, be more specific. I'm not the only one in here who believes Fleck is for real and one of the best cfb coaches in the game. Or are you referring to the WW2 stuff?

Yes, you are the only one that thinks Fleck is one of the GREATEST coaches in the game here. No one is saying fleck isn’t good. But no one has stated he would be 3rd best in the game right now if he wins another 11 games in a season like you have. That is just one of the many ridiculous things you are bringing bout about Minnesota. Would you like more?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I don't know what I am talking about, it's that I'm not a neanderthal like so many cfb only fans are, I like variety and it's funny to me that the only people never willing to talk about things outside of football are jackasses whose favorite team reps a school that sucks at everything outside of cfb. Go figure, lol. Unlike them, I know when a school deserves respect and when they don't, so I don't go around disrespecting good schools, but on rare occasions an overly sensitive cfb fan of one of the really good schools, feels disrespected because maybe I said something negative about their coach or how they did one particular season or by another poster and not one of those schools failed to have at least one fan of them who was more than willing to bring up sh1t outside of what happens on the football field.

It's SO predictable, a Michigan fan will go there, if they feel the need, although they rarely feel the need, same with a Texas fan, etc.. A WVU fan, for example, NEVER wants to go there, EVER. For good reason, their school SUCKS. Bama fans are USUALLY smart enough not to go there, seeing as all they have produced outside of cfb is Gomer Pyle, Forrest Gump(they literally claim the fictional character, lol), George Wallace, the anti-American Southern Poverty Law Center and the founder of the Heaven's Gate cult and didn't allow their first black student onto campus until 19 fucking 65 for holy fucks sake??!!!! Racist pieces of shit. Not sure how any black man could ever stomach playing for that school, but whatever? I guess 1965 was a long time ago???

And then you neanderthals so often want to discount all of history, oh, well, except when it helps you somehow. Going too far back into the past is not legit, but you then turn around and claim that a school not doing well from 2000-2015 is somehow relevant to 2020???

Fucking Cincy, KSU, Kansas, Miami of Ohio, Houston, WMU, UCF, Arizona, Arizona St, Wazzu, Mizzou, Oregon St, etc., have all had incredible seasons, most getting into the Top 10, some climbing as high as #4 in the country. How is that possible? NONE of them ever did it before? I must be lying and making sh1t up, right? If they never did it before, then it's impossible for them to ever be able to do it, EVER, right???

I could include WVU in that list. Before 1988, WVU had NEVER EVER cracked single digits in the rankings, so it was impossible for them to ever do it, right? But somehow they got to #5 in the rankings? How is that possible? Well then they sucked for all but one year of the next 15, so it was impossible for them to be good ever again, right? Well, they had a very short 3 year period of good football, and now here you are a dozen years later thinking you can talk all kinds of smack about how Minnesota CAN NEVER EVER BE any good???

Fuck you man, not one single Top 4 finish EVER, in WVU's ENTIRE HISTORY??? Fuck, Cincy and Oregon St and Arizona, etc. all can claim at least that much, but not WVU, lol. So why don't you just STFU man. UMn may have to go back to 1960 to claim a Top 4 finish, but at least we can claim one, something WVU has NEVER EVER EVER been able to claim, so I could be like you and claim that WVU officially does not even exist and is not worthy of EVER being talked about, because your team might be the only team in the P5 cfb history to have NEVER EVER finished in the Top 4, not even once??? Hell, UMn's got more Natl Titles than WVU has Top 10 finishes!!!

I’m not reading this novel of pure shit after I wasted my time on the first paragraph. This is a sports forum specifically a college football forum. You bring up non sports stuff just shows how much of a blithering idiot you are and how much you have to distract others from your team sucking hind tit for 60 years. Understand that?