• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Seahawks record

Predict the Seahawks record

• Total voters

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well another stat to go with that is 5 of those wins came when the defense held the opponent to 16 points or less. Which in my opinion is this if we are here to win games make the playoffs and make a run to the 2nd round then thats fine. I will say in my personal opinion that it sucks that the Chargers sat their starters against the Broncos the last game of season which gave Denver the win and pushed us out of the top 3 in which we should have taken a QB. I am in the minority but I think Anthony Richardson would have been a great pick and I truly believe that was who JS and PC wanted to pick. As soon as he was off the board, Hawk management waited until the clock was almost at 0 which means they wanted to trade back and the guy who they really wanted was off the board.

I think they just really wanted to move back. I think Witherspoon was their guy but wanted to take him like at 8 or 9 not 5 and get extra capital.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hype level is getting pretty damn high right now. Starting to think we win 18 games this regular season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hype level is getting pretty damn high right now. Starting to think we win 18 games this regular season.

Yikes you went and threw that jinx on us ... and the season hasn't even started lmao. :D

Changed my vote to 9-8 all because of how they set up our schedule with the bye so early.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes you went and threw that jinx on us ... and the season hasn't even started lmao. :D

Changed my vote to 9-8 all because of how they set up our schedule with the bye so early.

I'm still wondering wtf they are going to do at the other DE position if Reed is playing NT. I mean Mike Morris (5th round rookie) and Myles Adams is all you got. Seattle realistically after Witherspoon has about $5M after you likely need to elevate a couple guys because Brooks/Mone will be on the IR... and then you gotta have SOME cap during the season for injuries and potentially signing a player in FA or PS...

I literally have zero clue what Seattle is proposing as their front 3 or 4 at this point... I mean I get Witherspoon/JSN were the BPAs... but Seattle literally did hardly anything in the offseason to address the DL (just replaced what they lost). Meanwhile we have so much secondary depth, I'm kind of lost as to why... Maybe Witherspoon will be our new 3-4 DE? *shrugs*

I guess Seattle just has to bank on a 4th and 5th rounder in 2023 and Myles Adams carrying the load...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering wtf they are going to do at the other DE position if Reed is playing NT. I mean Mike Morris (5th round rookie) and Myles Adams is all you got. Seattle realistically after Witherspoon has about $5M after you likely need to elevate a couple guys because Brooks/Mone will be on the IR... and then you gotta have SOME cap during the season for injuries and potentially signing a player in FA or PS...

I literally have zero clue what Seattle is proposing as their front 3 or 4 at this point... I mean I get Witherspoon/JSN were the BPAs... but Seattle literally did hardly anything in the offseason to address the DL (just replaced what they lost). Meanwhile we have so much secondary depth, I'm kind of lost as to why... Maybe Witherspoon will be our new 3-4 DE? *shrugs*

I guess Seattle just has to bank on a 4th and 5th rounder in 2023 and Myles Adams carrying the load...

Im very intrigued about Reed playing NT. He was always a strong guy but in a 3-4 you need a guy to eat up blockers and Reed is more of a rush end from a 3-4. Maybe they think his ability to disrupt will pull another blocker onto him and when he was here he did just that. Could have one of the more athletic NT in the NFL if it works out. Going from Woods to Reed should at the least be a push because Reed is better at chasing where Woods was better at plugging.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that early bye is useful with some of our bigger names banged up to start the season

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that early bye is useful with some of our bigger names banged up to start the season

I get that but they will play 14 games to close out the season thats BRUTAL, then if they make the playoffs and DONT get a bye ... yeah see where i am going with this?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but they will play 14 games to close out the season thats BRUTAL, then if they make the playoffs and DONT get a bye ... yeah see where i am going with this?

Well 13 (bye week is week 5), so already 4 games.. but yes... historically (especially as of recently) teams with later byes in the season usually win Super Bowls or are conference finalists.

@Wolverine830872 while I do agree with what you're saying, it's easier to go into a season and plan for the injuries you know of than it is to deal with an injury at some point during the season (unplanned) and know you have an extra week at some point to allow them to get back into action while also giving your other players a rest after a decent chunk of games to avoid an injury (if you're playing guys not at 100%).

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ya. I'm just super excited to see how the team progresses this year. The future seems super bright right now, and I don't have super bowl expectations so I am just happy to have expectations of competitiveness and vying for higher seeding for the playoffs. Would love to see some postseason success this year

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ya. I'm just super excited to see how the team progresses this year. The future seems super bright right now, and I don't have super bowl expectations so I am just happy to have expectations of competitiveness and vying for higher seeding for the playoffs. Would love to see some postseason success this year

Yah. I think the offense is complete at this point. Lockett will either need to restructure or be cut next year but otherwise I think we got some guys that can step up. The RB situation is done, TE might be a need, the OL should be fine...

Next year needs to be a HUGE emphasis on the front 7. I'm talking like the first 4 picks (rounds 1-3).

IF Geno makes a good showing this year, keep him around another... and I think Seattle can make the Super Bowl push next season. Kind of what Seattle did in 2013 (Carroll took over in 2010).

They nailed two back to back drafts... and there it was. IF they nailed this draft (Witherspoon/JSN are studs and Oluwatimi (he is competing for a starting spot) and let's say another guy knocks it out of the park... 2024 is prob. your season push for SBOWL.

Generally if you HIT on two drafts you're a lock for the playoffs and if you have a QB you're in the hunt. That's EXTREMELY hard to do, but if you can get like 8 impact players that are CHEAP, it's VERY easy to assemble an elite team. Supplement with a 4-5 good guys already on the roster (not your last 2 draft picks) and snag a couple GOOD free agents (not elite) and your entire positional roster is Good-Elite. That's hard to stop.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah. I think the offense is complete at this point. Lockett will either need to restructure or be cut next year but otherwise I think we got some guys that can step up. The RB situation is done, TE might be a need, the OL should be fine...

Next year needs to be a HUGE emphasis on the front 7. I'm talking like the first 4 picks (rounds 1-3).

IF Geno makes a good showing this year, keep him around another... and I think Seattle can make the Super Bowl push next season. Kind of what Seattle did in 2013 (Carroll took over in 2010).

They nailed two back to back drafts... and there it was. IF they nailed this draft (Witherspoon/JSN are studs and Oluwatimi (he is competing for a starting spot) and let's say another guy knocks it out of the park... 2024 is prob. your season push for SBOWL.

Generally if you HIT on two drafts you're a lock for the playoffs and if you have a QB you're in the hunt. That's EXTREMELY hard to do, but if you can get like 8 impact players that are CHEAP, it's VERY easy to assemble an elite team. Supplement with a 4-5 good guys already on the roster (not your last 2 draft picks) and snag a couple GOOD free agents (not elite) and your entire positional roster is Good-Elite. That's hard to stop.

I don't think people give Parkinson enough credit and Dissly is as solid as they come for a blocker that can hurt you in the passing game if you forget about him. He has a knack in the passing game for just finding that open spot and I believe thats because he sells his blocks so well. Parkinson needs to get more snaps. Fant, Dissly and Parkinson is a SOLID TE room with talented depth. Not to many teams get a Kelce, Kittle type TE. It's more rare than a stud RB. Seahawks can run a 3 TE set and NOT hurt the offense. Not to many teams in the NFL can say that and that line-up is hard to defend. Parkinson at 6 foot 7 is just a match up nightmare. He is stronger in the legs now than when he was a rookie and looked like he was standing on pegs. His issue was the lack of quickness and those stronger legs has helped him. I bet he runs better than his 4.77 now.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people give Parkinson enough credit and Dissly is as solid as they come for a blocker that can hurt you in the passing game if you forget about him. He has a knack in the passing game for just finding that open spot and I believe thats because he sells his blocks so well. Parkinson needs to get more snaps. Fant, Dissly and Parkinson is a SOLID TE room with talented depth. Not to many teams get a Kelce, Kittle type TE. It's more rare than a stud RB. Seahawks can run a 3 TE set and NOT hurt the offense. Not to many teams in the NFL can say that and that line-up is hard to defend. Parkinson at 6 foot 7 is just a match up nightmare. He is stronger in the legs now than when he was a rookie and looked like he was standing on pegs. His issue was the lack of quickness and those stronger legs has helped him. I bet he runs better than his 4.77 now.

I just don't know if Dissly and Fant will be around next year. Fant is a free agent and Dissly is nowhere NEAR worth $10M cap hit next year let alone the $9M this year. I get he's a good blocker and has his moments, but Dissly's cap hit is only about $4M less than Kelce.

We are actually paying Will Dissly MORE per snap than Kelce and ROUGHLY on par with Kittle per snap. That's fuckin' ridiculous. I get Dissly is a good blocker and an OKAY receiver... that is not worth what he's costing us. I like him, but I would cut him immediately unless he puts up some 800 yard season this year (which he wont because we run too many TEs, and have too many options at receiver/runningback). The only reason IMO he wasn't cut this year was his dead cap is more than his cap hit.

I remember last season when that signing was announced I did not like it. I think I gave it a C- or D+ or something... I thought it was a dumb contract and if I was Dissly I would've been giving my agent a HUGE bonus commission.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know if Dissly and Fant will be around next year. Fant is a free agent and Dissly is nowhere NEAR worth $10M cap hit next year let alone the $9M this year. I get he's a good blocker and has his moments, but Dissly's cap hit is only about $4M less than Kelce.

We are actually paying Will Dissly MORE per snap than Kelce and ROUGHLY on par with Kittle per snap. That's fuckin' ridiculous. I get Dissly is a good blocker and an OKAY receiver... that is not worth what he's costing us. I like him, but I would cut him immediately unless he puts up some 800 yard season this year (which he wont because we run too many TEs, and have too many options at receiver/runningback). The only reason IMO he wasn't cut this year was his dead cap is more than his cap hit.

I remember last season when that signing was announced I did not like it. I think I gave it a C- or D+ or something... I thought it was a dumb contract and if I was Dissly I would've been giving my agent a HUGE bonus commission.

Dissly is more than a OK receiver. Good hands, gets open etc etc. We are not a team that throws the ball a ton to TE. Thats not Dissly's fault at all and when they DO throw it to him he catches it. 38 targets 34 receptions. In the Seahawks first four games of the 2022 season he had 3 TD and and scored the first TD of the season for the seahawks. You have stated in other threads you think he is to often injured and not worth the money but you have completely ignored the fact that he has played 46 of a possible 50 games the past 3 seasons. yes it started off rough but he has been one of the better most consistent and healthy players on the team. Dont slam a guy just because you ignore the fact that he is also one of the best blocking TE in the league on a team that wants to RUN THE BALL. Hawks have 3 TE and they all deserve playing time and if i had to rate them it would be Dissly #1 Fant #2a ( just because of his athletic ability ) then #2b Parkinson but i can see Parkinson becoming a bigger problem for teams than Fant.

Fant had 50 targets and caught 17 of them thats down right disgusting and those targets need to go to Dissly and Parkinson. Fant should be 2nd string at best and Parkinson and Dissly need more targets. The big issue is both are better blockers than Fant so they get the dirty job of blocking while Fant gets to go out and drop passes..

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry i read Fants numbers wrong he had 50 catches ( 63 targets ) in 17 games i flipped that, my bad but i still say Dissly and Parkinson need more targets. Something about Parkinson also makes me want to see him a LOT more. Fant feels like Everett 2.0. Fant has all this athletic ability yet he seems like a WR with below average hands and above average size not a TE. Didn't he play WR in College??

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly where I'm at right now. Super pumped up but trying to stay grounded and realistic. I honestly think that because the NFC is as weak as it is, the Hawks could do well but there is just too many variables that could derail things. I do think the team will have a top 5 (or close) offense this year. Just talent all over the board and what appears to be a really solid Oline in the making. I know the question mark will be Geno and whether last season was a fluke or outlier but I think Geno has just matured and found his place. His team friendly contract has given the team lots more flexibility than we ever had with Russ and now it's just up to Pete and Jon to build a winner. They are on a good trajectory, maybe 1 year away and this years schedule does them no favors but there is a lot of things to be optimistic about right now. The division is there for the taking with a little luck. It's the Niners for now, obviously but they could stumble if their QB room isn't all that. The Rams will be competitive simply because of their superstars at the top but their supporting depth is thin and the Cards look like they will be a joke this year. The rest of the NFC is a little hit and miss besides Philly and maybe Dallas. If our defense can just get to above average, 11-12 games is very reasonable and expectations should be high.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will go as far as the defense allows

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 10 games is crucial. 5 at home, Rams, Panthers, Cardinals, Browns, Commanders. All should be winnable. Browns is the only one that gives me a little concern. But the Hawks can't take any of them for granted. 5 road games could be tough outs. At Lions, Giants, Bengals (maybe Burrow's first game back?), Ravens, Rams. I think they need 3 wins there. Possible Lions but a tough one, Giants ( I'm not high on them at all. Daboll is a good coach but they got lucky last year, imo), Bengals and Ravens likely L's but eeking out a win in one of those would be huge, and Rams should be a win but division rival and all that. 8-2 or better yet 9-1 would be fantastic going into Thanksgiving and that brutal stretch of games. I'm really hoping they can split those 4 games but 1-3 more likely. Then they need to finish strong at Titans (depends on what Tennessee has going on, could be tough), home for Steelers (toss-up but hopefully HFA helps), at Cardinals, ( better beat those bums).
Obviously, all speculation at this point but anywhere from 10-12 wins possible as long as the team stays relatively healthy. 9 home games helps but can see 2 or 3 losses at home too. Niners, Eagles tough and one of those AFCN teams will give us trouble maybe. 5 road wins is really what's needed to have a good season but there are winnable games on the schedule, just hard to predict.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I hadn't yet voted, but I went with 11 wins. I like the roster adjustments on both sides of the ball, and I think Geno will play close enough to last year's level that we end up with 2 more Ws. Fair shot to win the division.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 3rd down and pass Defense along with the 3rd down offense doesn't get fixed this team might not win 8 games this season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I said 10-7. So we'd have to finish 7-6 to get there. Fairly realistic I'd say if our OL can actually heal up and stay healthy. I thought we'd beat the Rams, Detroit lose, beat the Panthers, and 50/50 on the Giants. So... the record of 3-1 is about right.

As Harold pointed out and I agree with, it's really all really gonna come down to that Rams, 49ers x2, Cowboys, Eagles stretch. That's a ways away and a LOT can happen by then. Injuries (on Seattle or those teams), guys start to breakout on either team, etc. And for at least 3 of those teams, we will 100% need our OL to be healthy. The 9ers/Cowboys/Eagles pass rush is no joke. The good news is we don't have to travel much outside of Dallas. San Fran/LA are close. Thankfully Philly is in Seattle.