• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Seahawks record

Predict the Seahawks record

• Total voters

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks steal one from the 49ers this season but I also think the Rams will be better than they were last year, They had a lot of injuries. I believe the offense will be better in every aspect except Geno's play. Geno will not be anywhere near how he started last season, more like how he finished so that's a little drop off. I'm expecting around 63%-65% comp 25TD 14 INT 6-8 fumbles to go with 3700-3900 yards. I believe the Hawks will run the ball also at a higher rate than they did in 2022. Defense will be better just because I don't think they can get worse.
I guess we will see about Geno. If the offense around him is better than last year in every aspect, it would be an odd match with lesser performance from hm.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see about Geno. If the offense around him is better than last year in every aspect, it would be an odd match with lesser performance from hm.

What I mean is they will run the ball better and have a better 3rd down conversion rate, They were 20th in the NFL last year, even the Rams converted better on 3rd downs so did the Bears, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Raiders, Bucs, Jagz, many teams that i think the Hawks are better than. This will allow them to score more points per game average ( 23.9 in 2022 )but Genos numbers wont be top 10 in the NFL he will be middle of the pack. He wont lead the league in completion percentage and i think his yards drops down to under 4K. Also remember the first 5 or so games Geno was having a CRAZY CRAZY season. Had he continued at that pace he would have won MVP.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be tough to do better than 3-3 in the division. Seems like a stretch to beat SF right now, and I really doubt we sweep the Rams again.
Tough to be better than 3-3 in division? I have heard some talking heads conclude that this year's AZ roster may be the worst ever assembled. It is going to be bad in AZ, and that should be two guaranteed wins. I assume you would agree with that? Then you would be saying that it would be tough to do better than 1-3 against SF and LA.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about our offense... This offense can beat you in all aspects... Stack the run? Our WR's will beat you... Double Team DK? Bring safety to help with Lockett/DK over the top? JSN will beat you in the slot... Control our Receivers? Our TE's will beat you... Control our passing game, our running game will hit you... We have weapons all over the place is my point... If our OL plays up to expectations, we'll be tough to stop because we can beat you in all facets of an offense...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to be better than 3-3 in division? I have heard some talking heads conclude that this year's AZ roster may be the worst ever assembled. It is going to be bad in AZ, and that should be two guaranteed wins. I assume you would agree with that? Then you would be saying that it would be tough to do better than 1-3 against SF and LA.
Sweep AZ? Sure. They will probably suck. So yeah, simple math then says I doubt we do better than 1 win in the 4 other div games. Do you really think we sweep the Rams 2 years in a row? I don't. It is of course possible but not realistic to expect. SF dominated us 3x last year. We haven't closed that gap. 3-3 is our most likely div record in '23, as I see it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweep AZ? Sure. They will probably suck. So yeah, simple math then says I doubt we do better than 1 win in the 4 other div games. Do you really think we sweep the Rams 2 years in a row? I don't. It is of course possible but not realistic to expect. SF dominated us 3x last year. We haven't closed that gap. 3-3 is our most likely div record in '23, as I see it.
I think we're just as likely to beat SF once as LA is likely to beat us once. I think if you played the season out 1,000 times, the most typical result would be 4-2 in the division. Both AZ games and LA at home should be near locks, although week 1 games are always a little scary. That means we have three chances to add another win, and @SF is maybe a 30% chance at a win, SF at home is 40%, and @LA is 50%. I like those odds to finish at least 4-2, and hopefully 5-1. It would be nuts to go 6-0, but the team is talented enough to win any given week.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean is they will run the ball better and have a better 3rd down conversion rate, They were 20th in the NFL last year, even the Rams converted better on 3rd downs so did the Bears, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Raiders, Bucs, Jagz, many teams that i think the Hawks are better than. This will allow them to score more points per game average ( 23.9 in 2022 )but Genos numbers wont be top 10 in the NFL he will be middle of the pack. He wont lead the league in completion percentage and i think his yards drops down to under 4K. Also remember the first 5 or so games Geno was having a CRAZY CRAZY season. Had he continued at that pace he would have won MVP.
If our offense is converting more 3rd downs and scoring more points and Geno isn't hurt, I really doubt his overall numbers will take much of a hit. Less volume? Maybe... especially if the defense improves to the point where the O doesn't need 40+ points to beat the likes of the Lions, Raiders, and Saints. And ok, maybe he won't hit 69% completions again but if everything else around him is better like you say, how can he have some precipitous drop there? If Geno falls on his ass, this team won't be converting more 3rd downs or scoring more points than last year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're just as likely to beat SF once as LA is likely to beat us once.
I just can't see where that is coming from. SF beat us easily 3x, and they only had CMC, Debo, and Kittle all on the field for 1 of them. They may have been a QB injury in the NFCC away from winning the SB. Both of our wins over LA were close, and the final one was an OT nailbiter at home w/o Stafford. I do think we are better than the Rams, but it's not to the point where the expectation should be that sweeping them is more likely than a split. No way. The talent difference between most teams in the league isn't very large, and the Hawks aren't top 5 or anything.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense is converting more 3rd downs and scoring more points and Geno isn't hurt, I really doubt his overall numbers will take much of a hit. Less volume? Maybe... especially if the defense improves to the point where the O doesn't need 40+ points to beat the likes of the Lions, Raiders, and Saints. And ok, maybe he won't hit 69% completions again but if everything else around him is better like you say, how can he have some precipitous drop there? If Geno falls on his ass, this team won't be converting more 3rd downs or scoring more points than last year.

Geno is not going to complete close to 70% of his passes again. He will come down to earth and be a 63-65% passer and that right there will drop him under 4K unless he throws the ball more. If we throw the ball more than we did last season we are a 4 win team because that means we are trailing a lot. Hawks threw the ball 573 times which was the most they had EVER thrown the ball. Pete wants to "run the ball" and the draft put a stamp on it that he is going back to the run. Hawks completed 69.6% of their passes last season, that also wont happen again. Want to make a friendly bet on it?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is not going to complete close to 70% of his passes again. He will come down to earth and be a 63-65% passer and that right there will drop him under 4K unless he throws the ball more. If we throw the ball more than we did last season we are a 4 win team because that means we are trailing a lot. Hawks threw the ball 573 times which was the most they had EVER thrown the ball. Pete wants to "run the ball" and the draft put a stamp on it that he is going back to the run. Hawks completed 69.6% of their passes last season, that also wont happen again. Want to make a friendly bet on it?
I did pretty much agree with you that I can see him hitting less than 69%. However, 63% seems a bit low. Probably somewhere in the middle of that. But if you're telling me this offense is going to score more points and convert 3rd downs at a higher rate (aren't those usually passes?) with Geno at QB, I just think his numbers would have to still be pretty darn good by a matter of course. I don't care too much about 4k yards because throwing it more isn't always throwing it better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense is converting more 3rd downs and scoring more points and Geno isn't hurt, I really doubt his overall numbers will take much of a hit.

This is what i was speaking of. I think his numbers do take a hit in every category which is a sizable hit in itself. 63%-65% ( 65% max down from almost 70%) completion percentage more turn overs ( Int's/Fumbles ) lower passer rating etc. etc. Unless he is really reigned in by Pete and with the running game we should have Geno very well might only throw 25 attempts a game and this would HELP the offense and lower the risk that Geno himself derails the season. I think our running game should be beastly but this is all my opinion and we will have to wait till January 2024 to see how everything turns out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what i was speaking of. I think his numbers do take a hit in every category which is a sizable hit in itself. 63%-65% ( 65% max down from almost 70%) completion percentage more turn overs ( Int's/Fumbles ) lower passer rating etc. etc. Unless he is really reigned in by Pete and with the running game we should have Geno very well might only throw 25 attempts a game and this would HELP the offense and lower the risk that Geno himself derails the season. I think our running game should be beastly but this is all my opinion and we will have to wait till January 2024 to see how everything turns out.
Yeah, I just think that by how football usually works, if the QB's numbers drop across the board from the previous season then it's pretty unlikely the offense is going to be better at the same time. I wouldn't bet with you that Geno is going to hit 69% comp or lead the league in that category, but the closer he is to 63% with a lesser passer rating then the more I doubt the offense is going to be scoring more points and converting more 3rd downs than last year. They just don't really go together.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will go as far as what Geno puts out. He only had 3 games last season where he threw more than 2 touchdowns which when playing against playoff or SB type teams or just playing the 49ers you have to be more capable than that. I do hope we run the ball a ton this season which is why I believe we draft high on another RB. It would be terrible if K9 went down and our starting RB is Dallas.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope we run the ball a ton this season which is why I believe we draft high on another RB. It would be terrible if K9 went down and our starting RB is Dallas.
You may have had a typo there but we did draft high on another RB... Zach Charbonnet... My guess is he would be our starter if something had happened to K9...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have had a typo there but we did draft high on another RB... Zach Charbonnet... My guess is he would be our starter if something had happened to K9...

yeah I could have worded it better but in this day in age we have to have a 2 back system and to be honest I expect K9 to miss some games this season similar to his rookie season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will go as far as what Geno puts out. He only had 3 games last season where he threw more than 2 touchdowns which when playing against playoff or SB type teams or just playing the 49ers you have to be more capable than that. I do hope we run the ball a ton this season which is why I believe we draft high on another RB. It would be terrible if K9 went down and our starting RB is Dallas.
Yeah, interesting point about # of TDs. Here is the team record for # of TDs Geno threw in a game:
  • 3 TD: 1-2
  • 2 TD: 6-3
  • 1 TD: 1-2
  • 0 TD: 1-1
So what does that mean? Maybe nothing, at least in terms of trying to draw a correlation between winning and # of TD passes from Geno. But maybe it gives reason to believe it may not be a longshot for him to duplicate some of his stats if he only threw 3 TDs in a game 3x last year and still ended up with 30 on the season. His efficiency #s from 2021 in the 5 games he played (4 starts) are almost identical in most areas to what he did last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just think that by how football usually works, if the QB's numbers drop across the board from the previous season then it's pretty unlikely the offense is going to be better at the same time. I wouldn't bet with you that Geno is going to hit 69% comp or lead the league in that category, but the closer he is to 63% with a lesser passer rating then the more I doubt the offense is going to be scoring more points and converting more 3rd downs than last year. They just don't really go together.
It does if the running game is a beast. Lots of 3rd and shorts and such, better conversion rate on 3rd down because of the short yardage, More rushes for first downs. We have seen teams get better on offense with a stellar running game and a middle of the pack passing game. ( Titans )

On a side note we also still have our top 4 draft picks unsigned right? So how are we going to figure this out with no cap space? Anyone? I assume they need like 10 million to sign the 2 first and 2 second round picks and they got 7m.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does if the running game is a beast. Lots of 3rd and shorts and such, better conversion rate on 3rd down because of the short yardage, More rushes for first downs. We have seen teams get better on offense with a stellar running game and a middle of the pack passing game. ( Titans )

I'm definitely hopeful the running game can be the bellwether for the offense. It's difficult to expect a lot from rookies at most positions, but RB is one where they can come right in and make a big impact. If Charbonnet emerges as more than just an insurance policy for Walker then we could be in business. Lots of talent on offense.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, interesting point about # of TDs. Here is the team record for # of TDs Geno threw in a game:
  • 3 TD: 1-2
  • 2 TD: 6-3
  • 1 TD: 1-2
  • 0 TD: 1-1
So what does that mean? Maybe nothing, at least in terms of trying to draw a correlation between winning and # of TD passes from Geno. But maybe it gives reason to believe it may not be a longshot for him to duplicate some of his stats if he only threw 3 TDs in a game 3x last year and still ended up with 30 on the season. His efficiency #s from 2021 in the 5 games he played (4 starts) are almost identical in most areas to what he did last year.

well another stat to go with that is 5 of those wins came when the defense held the opponent to 16 points or less. Which in my opinion is this if we are here to win games make the playoffs and make a run to the 2nd round then thats fine. I will say in my personal opinion that it sucks that the Chargers sat their starters against the Broncos the last game of season which gave Denver the win and pushed us out of the top 3 in which we should have taken a QB. I am in the minority but I think Anthony Richardson would have been a great pick and I truly believe that was who JS and PC wanted to pick. As soon as he was off the board, Hawk management waited until the clock was almost at 0 which means they wanted to trade back and the guy who they really wanted was off the board.