• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone tried Fallout Shelter?

It was pretty fun for a day or, two. I ended up installing a save file with 1000's of lunch boxes and ruined the challenge.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fallout Shelter is fun at first, but served no real purpose. I stopped playing when I had a crap load of money ,160 residents, and training over and over again was the only thing to do in the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Fallout 4 is slated for release in November.

That's only 1 month or so away... :D
I SOOOO want to buy it right away. But all I have is a PS3 and an antique PC.

Should I buy a new PC or a PS4 to play this?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SOOOO want to buy it right away. But all I have is a PS3 and an antique PC.

Should I buy a new PC or a PS4 to play this?

Hey it's only money... :)

I have a moderately old PC with a decent graphics card, 8 gig of ram and some AMD quad processor. It will probably be fine. The Bethesda guys pride themselves on making games that will run and look "decent" on machines like mine. (Not state of the art but decent. decent enough for me). So I can't rationalize a new PC unless Fallout 4 doesn't work. How much does a new PS4 cost? I think you can get good PC's/laptops in the $1000 range?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's only money... :)

I have a moderately old PC with a decent graphics card, 8 gig of ram and some AMD quad processor. It will probably be fine. The Bethesda guys pride themselves on making games that will run and look "decent" on machines like mine. (Not state of the art but decent. decent enough for me). So I can't rationalize a new PC unless Fallout 4 doesn't work. How much does a new PS4 cost? I think you can get good PC's/laptops in the $1000 range?
I looked at PCs a couple months agao, just to educate myself a bit on the market, and a PC w/out monitor would run in the 700-1000 range. I think a PS4 is about 500.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at PCs a couple months agao, just to educate myself a bit on the market, and a PC w/out monitor would run in the 700-1000 range. I think a PS4 is about 500.

Yeah. I have no idea whether laptops are sufficient these days for games. although I would think so. No one else seems to get desktops anymore.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s understandable that RPG fans are a little anxious about Fallout 4’s imminent release, then. Today, Bethesda shared some new information in a press release titled “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Fallout 4”; let’s take a look at it.

Better Alone Than Accompanied?

At least a dozen companions have been confirmed for Fallout 4, among which a loyal dog, a philanthropist outlaw and a robot butler. A wide range of opportunities indeed, but what made Fallout 3 really special was the loneliness. Humanity had been almost wiped away, and you were one of the few survivors: a sensation that spread through you while you roamed the hostile Wasteland. Even in Fallout 4 you’ll be able to be alone if you want and not only you won’t be penalized, you’ll actually get access to some exclusive perks.

Weather Forecast – Radioactive Storms

The variable weather isn’t really a novelty in open world games anymore, but usually those titles are not set in a country devastated by nuclear weapons. Living in a world with more water might seem ideal, but it would be dangerously close to the Glowing Sea, called that way since that’s where the bomb fell. Storms that rage from this point are radioactive and can hit you anywhere, anytime in the Commonwealth. Acid rain will make you wish to wear a metallic armor, but that might not be a great idea when radioactive lightning strikes start raining down from the sky.

In the Hearts of Machines

While most of you will be happy to treat Mr. Handy, your robot butler, with respect and dignity, it’s fair to say that some might be already thinking about trying the new V.A.T.S. system on it. The high level of detail in Fallout 4 also includes the internal parts of each machine, so if you fire on a robot you’ll be able to see the circuits behind its cladding. A small but remarkable detail, since making androids go boom is much more satisfying after you’ve seen how hard it must have been to build them.

Sometimes It’s Best Not To Meddle

A great way to improve the sense of realism of an open world game is to give the impression that the lives of NPCs (non-playing characters) go on whether you’re there or not. In Fallout 4, it’s possible to stumble in conflicts while you explore Boston. A group of savage night-owls might clash with unlucky bandits and it’ll be up to you (as long as you’re not seen) whether to intervene or not. Moreover, nothing prevents you to watch the whole scene from afar before jumping on the weakened survivors and ultimately rob all corpses.

You Just Won’t Shut Up

Fallout 4 dubbing actors have recorded over 13K lines and the whole game has more dialogues than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined. If you don’t like talking, especially with strangers, you may however ignore NPCs, leaving mid-conversation or even just shooting them in the mouth. On the other hand, if you enjoy talking you’ll be able to do that even with more characters at once in “multi-chat”.

What’s Your Name?

Fallout 4 had a development time and budget higher than most games, which allowed Bethesda to record many real names that Mr. Handy will be able to use to call your character. Over a thousand of the most common western names have been recorded; obviously, names like Tom, Alex, Matthew and Emma are very likely to be included, while someone called Adolf might be disappointed. Mr. Handy’s programming also includes a series of funny names, so he’ll be able to call you things like “Mr. F*ckface” if you really want.

Nothing Is Left To Chance

The old V.A.T.S. system was lovely, although a bit cheating. It allowed to pause the game, aim exactly at the desired point and even grant a random chance to get a critical strike.

In Fallout 4, however, V.A.T.S. just slows down time so that enemies are still a threat. Also, random critical strikes have been replaced with a “criticality bar”; once the bar is full, you can shoot a critical strike that could be the difference between life and death. Filling this bar depends on your stats and perks, but it also introduces a whole new level of strategy. This makes Fallout 4 more tactical, whereas in the previous games victory was often left to chance.

A Radi(oactive)ant Future

Fallout 3’s Washington was conceived to be a depressing wasteland, in order to be in line with the overall story of the game. Your father and then you were trying to save humanity, something that wouldn’t have been so important if society didn’t really appear to need saving badly.

Fallout 4, however, shows a society that has managed to adapt to the new world. For post-war Boston’s population, this is the only world they have ever known and society is starting up again, so expect a slightly brighter world, though full of stray night-owls and poisonous radiation. Hey, it’s still Fallout!

A Respectable Arsenal

Having 50 weapons and 700 modes to choose from is extraordinary, but it wouldn’t matter if the combat wasn’t up to snuff. There have been considerable efforts to make Fallout 4 both a great RPG and first-person shooter. Some former Bungie developers, along with fellow programmers of MachineGames and id, have been hired to improve the shooting system.

It will be possible to mix and match iron sights and barrels; you’ll also be able to scrap old weapons to gather parts useful to create a whole new weapon.

Make Good Use Of The Baseball Bat

Fenway Park was the home of Boston Red Sox, the baseball team. In the post-apocalyptic world, it became Diamond City, a new fortified settlement. As with all thriving cities, there’s a school, a grocery called Power Noodles, a Chem-I-Care for all your urgent medical needs, a Commonwealth armory (to inflict urgent medical needs) and Swatters, a store specialized in baseball equipment.

This might just be the first Fallout where a baseball bat is used for its original purpose.

Fallout 4 will release for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 10 worldwide.

Read more: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Fallout 4

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Sounds like the new VATS system will take time getting used to. It was also helpful in a cheating way to pump yourself full of stimpacks and other buffs before the action commenced. Now that method will be different.