• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position by Position after two weeks (defense)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL: Baker might be "just a guy." At this point I think it's 50/50 he is even brought back. I like what we are getting from Hood, and Jenkins, but they are limited by talent and age at this point. Still the run defense and the pass rush picked up when Golston left the game. It makes me wonder are the coaches playing favorites when it comes to PT on this side of the ball. RJF needs to make a play and stop talking. This unit alone is why I had us in the 7-9/8-8/9-7 range. We will need two more drafts to fix this D.

OLB: Kerrigan is good, but at this point he is what he is. He's an 8 to 9 sack guy. To think at this point he is going to turn into a 14 or 15 sack guy is just not going to happen imo. Smith has been the most frustrating to me so far. I really thought after that final stretch last year we would be getting more from him. Never thought I'd say this but Murphy has earned more PT. Muprhy gained weight, then lost weight, and still has outperformed Smith thus far.

ILB: More Cravens, more Cravens, more Cravens. This unit is not spectacular, but I don't think this group needs to be addressed in the off-season.

CB: Norman is what I thought he would be, as close to a shutdown corner as there is in the game. He's all-pro for a reason. He's one of the few play makers on this team. Forced a fumble last week and had Dez looking to see where Breeland was. Breeland will be fine. So he can't cover Antonio Brown and Dez Bryant one on one. That's on Barry. Your job is to put your players in positions to succeed. I understand Phillips had a good camp. SO WHAT! It's time to move Blackmon back into the slot or see what you have in Fuller. This team is really missing Jarrett. What a shame.

S: It's bad back here. Hall has been late a lot in help coverage, and I'll take Cooley's word for it that Bruton Jr. needs to sit. Makes me question if Gruden and Barry are under pressure to play Scot's FA guys, because Reyes and Bruton Jr. have given us nothing and they tried like hell in the preseason to give one of the DE jobs to Reyes.

SCOT HAS GOT TO BE BETTER IN FREE AGENCY AND BARRY IS ON NOTICE. There are some really good D coordinators out there. I'm gonna give Jay a break. He was right about RG3, and won a divsion, but we might have hired the wrong coordinator from Cincinnati. Zimmer is looking good.

All that said, we can absolutely save this season and get back in this with a win Sunday.

Last edited:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Barry succeed. I just don't know if it's because he's in over his head or he doesn't have any talent to work with.

When he was in Detroit the head coach was the one really running the defense. Here Joe has total autonomy over his unit. This is his chance to show he is a good coach. I want him to prove it because it means Was D will step up and become good.