• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The real question is whether there was any net addition to jobs.... And of course, there hadn’t been!
I really believe Obama (maybe not in the beginning) but later in his administration had turned to celebrity status first and put people of america 2nd. Maybe when the next African American (lets hope it's an African American) runs for office the 96 percent of blacks that voted for him based on color will look more at the policies he or she is implementing first.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone should ask JoeBiden if he knows where the billions of dollars that the Obama/Biden administration gave to the illegitimate government of Iran went?

Earlier today, we targeted Hamed Ahmed Khudari in Gaza. He was responsible for transferring Iranian money to Hamas and Islamic Jihad. The funds were used to build the hundreds of rockets recently fired at Israel. Iran will need to find a new money man in Gaza.

Another Obama failure
Obama is an enemy of the state. Think about it... and I would love reaction. Obama gave billions to a country that chants death to america. Let that sink in for a minute. The scary part is the sheep that follow in the dem ranks dare say anything except to stand up for it as if it was a good deal. The very people that would blow a nuke over here without a blink of an eye he gives billions to em to help aide their cause... oh that's right,,, they gave their word they would use that money to denuclearize. Un-fucking-real. Barrack Hussein Obama.. the president of America. WTF were people thinking.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope. It was a terrible law that should have never been enacted. There is nothing affordable about the ACA. It did very little to actually address the real issue with health care in this country. The underlying costs. Fix the underlying structure first before you throw 12-15M more people onto a broken structure, which is all the ACA did. Typical government solution. If not repealed, the ACA will end up like social security. Out of control and insolvent. Again, a typical government solution.

You're a reasonable person, so let me ask in light of your suggestion that the ACA was a terrible law. Keep in mind as you read the attached that, all attempts to create a fair and affordable system prior to Obama, never got as far as his plan did and even then, it was badly watered down into the terrible thing that you claim it to be. So, my question is, what do you do about this? (at least he tried)

Health insurance deductibles soar, leaving Americans with unaffordable bills

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see where this is going. First, in your scenario I would be outraged if I lived in a country with these things going on.... but wait,, I do... well partly.

Centuries long ally of this country: Not sure why this would be a problem.

People in power who foster mistrust of press: Yea this would suck, but by saying suck I simply mean if these people in power had a right too. Like in our president elect today has. Examples: Washington post blames border patrol for death of little girl before fakes were in. Father praises agents revealed a different story. CNN post pic of empty stadium and claims pic was taken during Trump rally when in fact it was taken hours before. The whole Brian Williams embarrassment. Claims targeting Kavanaugh later retracted. Disgraced Fla election official Snipes was called a republican despite being a democrat. CNN's Trump tower claim later verified false by Lanny Davis.. Gosh, I could go on but it would take all day.

Ignored the rule of law: This would suck in our new Homeland country. I see it happening over in the US and it pisses me off. People of means continually ignore the rule of law on both sides, but sadly, only republicans go to jail because of it. The double standard is alive and well and I would hate to see that happening in Homeland.

Hired his personal BFF for head of Justice Department: This all stems from Barr not giving the democrats the goods in which they all hung their reputations on for 2 plus years. Had he been an adversary such as Eric Holder and bent the truths to condemn an innocent man the democrats would be throwing him a party, but instead they're trying to hold him in contempt because they didn't get the answers they were hoping for.

Ill be honest, living in a world like that would truly suck.... oh wait,,, this was a trick scenario because that's where we live now. Yea,, you got me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the democrats win the WH in 2020, the economy will immediately take a nose dive as investors pull their money out.

Investors are in the market for one reason and that reason is to increase profit. Pulling monies out of the market hurts that bottom line. No one pulls money from the market who's in it for the long term. We do have short term traders but that's true under every administration including this one. They (swing, day, or trend traders) are constantly in and out of the market taking the risks and rewards that come with a volatile sometimes hostile market.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all under obama care , the system we are under right now

So now you can't read your own evidence? C'mon @dad, the article clearly states that this disaster directly comes as result of Job based insurances! (private insurance)

In case you don't know it, job based insurances and Obamacare are two distinctly different things! BTW: we aren't under Obamacare, private insurance (job based) still in the dominate means to insure!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Investors are in the market for one reason and that reason is to increase profit. Pulling monies out of the market hurts that bottom line. No one pulls money from the market who's in it for the long term. We do have short term traders but that's true under every administration including this one. They (swing, day, or trend traders) are constantly in and out of the market taking the risks and rewards that come with a volatile sometimes hostile market.

Again, if the libs take over, the market will immediately turn down.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you can't read your own evidence? C'mon @dad, the article clearly states that this disaster directly comes as result of Job based insurances! (private insurance)

In case you don't know it, job based insurances and Obamacare are two distinctly different things!

Come on Sty, we all know that the real issue with the ACA was that it was called Obama Care, and that alone means it needs to end in the minds of some. Our current President is so butt hurt over Obama making fun of him, that he is determined to destroy anything associated with Obama.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please , that is your philosophy, its ok to be a bigot because you were allegedy treated badly ? l

Interesting!!

So just to be clear, when a people are under attack with no physical means to fight back, it's bigotry to personally give the exact same verbal treatment to those dishing it out? Those dishing it out also considered what they were doing normal behavior! In effect, nothing wrong with our racism and bigotry, but since he can't be racist, anything that he says against us is bigotry, even if he's telling the truth!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they screwed 300M to make it “affordable” for 30M (of which about half never wanted it)? And that’s a good plan?

A republican congress would have never created such a government plan.

Really???

Well in 2017 they did exactly that, here would have been your estimated cost increases from the new AHCA. Luckily the measure failed.

State-by-State Estimates of the AHCA ... - United Steelworkers
https://www.usw.org/blog/2017/state-by-state-estimates-of-the-ahcas-2018-rate-hikes...

BY the way: in case anyone doubts that this was done. Here ya go!

H.R.1628 - American Health Care Act of 2017 115th Congress ...
H.R.1628 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): American Health Care Act of 2017

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define screwed?? IM assuming you have never known someone who could not afford to take a better job because the little things like pre-existing conditions would mean that they would lose coverage if they switched jobs? Or anyone who did it anyway, and all of a sudden needed to file bankruptcy because they couldnt afford health coverage.

And I agree a Republican congress wouldnt do it because they have become a party of personal profit over all else, and if you cant afford health care.. well fuck you and die.

That's right Shark like the Tea Party Crowd said "Letting him Die"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this seems to be a hot topic I'm going to ask this question, just to see how many of you al know what's at stake.

When it comes to healthcare insurance, what is the overwhelming reason not to create a national healthcare plan for all?

Some things to keep in mind.
1. Free market is the reason it should be done because the free market plan if failing.
2. It's not because of rationalized care
3. It's not because the federal gov't will somehow ruin all attempts.
4. There are no political impediments
5. it has everything to do with what this country is supposed to be all about.
Good-luck to all responders, it's not a trick question of any kind, it's not about democrats or republicans and there's ONLY one correct answer!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is rich. In 2016 Democrats said Trump would challenge the legitimacy of the election. Then they spent two years challenging the legitimacy of the election. Now, with 2020 approaching, Nancy Pelosi is trying the same thing again.

Your one sided view of the world is astounding! Let me show you how to be a bit more fair-minded.

It's easy see...

Trump challenges legitimacy of election | PBS NewsHour
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trump-challenges-legitimacy-election

Clinton won't rule out challenging legitimacy of 2016 election
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/18/hillary-clinton-trump-challenge-2016...

:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.