• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media should not be an extension of the democratic party though.

Somehow, someway there needs to be more of a balance. And agree or not, editors need to held more accountable. The amount of stories that have been retracted by CNN, NYT, and others over the last year is insane.

Heads need to roll after every retraction, misquotes, misleading/sensationalized headlines. The profession as a whole needs to be held to the highest of standards as they have the power (which is often abused) to sway public opinion

Edit:

Whats more important? What the Russians uncovered or how the Russians may have influenced election by uncovering scandals?

Example of the bias media that the conversation has completely shifted away from the treasonous rigging and collusion by DNC/MSM during the democratic primaries.

Now the conversation is about Russian meddling as opposed to what the Russians uncovered. This is my biggest issue with journalism today. What happened during the Democratic primary should not be brushed under the rug. It should be in the news everyday.

WTF?????

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about the perspective of written procedure. I'm talking the perspective of the cop, as a human, being in his early 20s, under the assumption this is his first confrontation of this nature on the job where he had to pull his weapon, thinking his life was in jeopardy because of how physically imposing Brown was.

I try and I cant. Wouldacouldashouldas I probably would have had shit running down my leg.

Again.... dont paint me in a corner because there have been some truly awful instances where the cops were flat out murderers (Walter Scott and Daniel Shaver)

Age is no excuse for not performing the job properly. Earlier you mentioned that in a specific case (media) heads should roll. Well, let's apply that uniformly to those who take extremes when caution is required, and to those who inappropriately hired him/them. The perspective of "human life" and an ability to survive any situation where there's another option, goes to the survivor and the dead, before it comes to that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my did this thread get high jacked , a gentle reminder no politics on the forum except in the off topic lounge

thems the rules people so lets respect it

i will combine this thread with the off topic lounge soon .

Oops ...apologies!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moved the journalist conversation to the off topic thread

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press does run with fake news. He just has a problem with those organizations that publish the fake news that is derogatory to him, but no issues with those that are supportive (which there aren't many as they all have issues with him).

its nothing new

just look at the yellow journalism that led to the Spanish American war.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this question & answer seems relevant to the conversation about the media ... not sure if it will start @ 20:34 ... but that is where the question starts

on a side note ... i have a big man crush on this dude Jordan Peterson

you seen this guy @Stymietee ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this question & answer seems relevant to the conversation about the media ... not sure if it will start @ 20:34 ... but that is where the question starts

on a side note ... i have a big man crush on this dude Jordan Peterson

you seen this guy @Stymietee ?

No, I haven't the opportunity to see this person, however, I will check him out now that I'm aware of him. Thanks!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf

This was from Eric Holder’s investigation who wanted Ferguson to fry.

Wilson did call for backup. He tried to detain them and was going to wait for backup before progressing further. Brown then instigated the first shot from Wilson in the car.

Wilson chased Brown and shot him from under 20’ away. Brown collapsed 10’ away or closer from Wilson.

SO now we are once again going with the whole police are above reproach, no investigation is ever looked at from the angle of clearing the police officer (who in this case didnt die by the way). The Kid RAN, for all intents he was gunned down for a couple of cheap cigars that he MIGHT have stolen. Based mostly on the fact that he fit the description, and didnt show the proper respect to the police officer?? There in is the real problem I have with this whole line of logic. The kid didnt want to get stopped, he at some point ran.. so he MUST have done something wrong. And even if he wasnt guilty of stealing the cigars, well he had enough in his background to justify what happened to him in the end.

I got to agree with @Stymietee, have race relations improved?? Not really.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to Kevin and Chris today they were talking about the possibilities up in Baltimore revolutionizing the offense in the NFL

can you imagine ...

a team with 3 QB on the field.

i love this idea.

you a Flacco under center. 3 WR spread out, two the left & one to the right.

and in the back field you have RG3 to Flacco right & Lamar Jackson to the left

just imagine the possibilities.

:lebowski2:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to Kevin and Chris today they were talking about the possibilities up in Baltimore revolutionizing the offense in the NFL

can you imagine ...

a team with 3 QB on the field.

i love this idea.

you a Flacco under center. 3 WR spread out, two the left & one to the right.

and in the back field you have RG3 to Flacco right & Lamar Jackson to the left

just imagine the possibilities.

:lebowski2:
6256f267019c8eb2e536f6d4cd5164c9.jpg

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO now we are once again going with the whole police are above reproach, no investigation is ever looked at from the angle of clearing the police officer (who in this case didnt die by the way). The Kid RAN, for all intents he was gunned down for a couple of cheap cigars that he MIGHT have stolen. Based mostly on the fact that he fit the description, and didnt show the proper respect to the police officer?? There in is the real problem I have with this whole line of logic. The kid didnt want to get stopped, he at some point ran.. so he MUST have done something wrong. And even if he wasnt guilty of stealing the cigars, well he had enough in his background to justify what happened to him in the end.

not sure which incident you are referring to ...

but, i thought that whole Starbucks incident in Philadelphia was a fucking joke

could not agree more with this guy

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure which incident you are referring to ...

but, i thought that whole Starbucks incident in Philadelphia was a fucking joke

could not agree more with this guy

IM just thankful no one died for not ordering a MOcha FrappuCcino in a timely manner.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they are not. That being said, forensic evidence backed up everything Wilson said. It was supported by some onlookers that were not proven wrong by the forensics.

The report I posted was from Eric Holder who tried his damndest to fry Wilson...listen to what Holder said before the investigation even took place.

Brown ran, after reaching for a cop’s gun...we can assume this is true because Brown’s blood and meat from his hand were in the car. He didn’t just steal cigars, he assaulted the business owner.

It wasn’t about respect. He was ordered to stop. The cop was getting out of his car and he assaulted the cop. He ran, after assulting the cop and getting shot in the hand. He then started coming back at the cop, reaching in his waistband, and get a bullet to the head because he was a dumb ass.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are not. That being said, forensic evidence backed up everything Wilson said. It was supported by some onlookers that were not proven wrong by the forensics.

The report I posted was from Eric Holder who tried his damndest to fry Wilson...listen to what Holder said before the investigation even took place.

Brown ran, after reaching for a cop’s gun...we can assume this is true because Brown’s blood and meat from his hand were in the car. He didn’t just steal cigars, he assaulted the business owner.

It wasn’t about respect. He was ordered to stop. The cop was getting out of his car and he assaulted the cop. He ran, after assulting the cop and getting shot in the hand. He then started coming back at the cop, reaching in his waistband, and get a bullet to the head because he was a dumb ass.

I will simply state my issue with things as they were reported.

1. Having been shot before, no amount of pot in your system is going to make you turn from a 30 yard head start and run BACK into gun fire.

2. I find it rather convenient that forensic evidence backs what the police consider credible witnesses.

3. Much like the Martin killing, alot of weight is being put on the statement of someone who has every reason to play the victim.

To me the best thing to happen to law enforcement is dash and body cameras. IM actually all for 360 degree high def cameras on all police vehicles going forward, as well as sight cameras on fire arms.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will simply state my issue with things as they were reported.

1. Having been shot before, no amount of pot in your system is going to make you turn from a 30 yard head start and run BACK into gun fire.

2. I find it rather convenient that forensic evidence backs what the police consider credible witnesses.

3. Much like the Martin killing, alot of weight is being put on the statement of someone who has every reason to play the victim.

To me the best thing to happen to law enforcement is dash and body cameras. IM actually all for 360 degree high def cameras on all police vehicles going forward, as well as sight cameras on fire arms.

1- Not all people have a brain.

2- Actually, the forensic evidence determined who was credible. If people claim his hands were up and others claim his hands were down, when forensics clearly show his hands were not up, it is the forensics that determine credibility.

3- Even more than the Martin case, the forensics proved Wilson was likely honest.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Not all people have a brain.

2- Actually, the forensic evidence determined who was credible. If people claim his hands were up and others claim his hands were down, when forensics clearly show his hands were not up, it is the forensics that determine credibility.

3- Even more than the Martin case, the forensics proved Wilson was likely honest.

Misapplication of Forensic Science

Strange how forensics has a habit of exonerating cops or wannabe cops in situations like this.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misapplication of Forensic Science

Strange how forensics has a habit of exonerating cops or wannabe cops in situations like this.

1- unreliable of invalid forensics does not apply here

2- insufficient validation does not apply here.

3- nothing was misleading in the Michael Brown forensics

4- mistakes...there is no reason to believe there was a mistake made

5- misconduct- again, the forensic evidence came from the Holder DOJ who wanted to crucify Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.