• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAYOFF PREDICTION THREAD

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well get one started now...

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha you beat me to it. I was going to wait until the matchups are confirmed before making it. If anyone wants to make the rules this time that's fine. If not I'll post the rules I used last year later this evening.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules??

We don need no steeeenkin rules!!

But we'll use yours anyway...you can outline them. You know from the fantasy league I ain't much for rules.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, and this is merely for bragging rights.

PLAYOFF PREDICTION BRAGGING RIGHTS CONTEST:

It's simple, pick who you think wins each matchup & in how many games. For the 1st round it's 1 point for predicting the winner and an additional point for predicting the correct number of games.

YOU CANNOT GET THE POINT FOR PREDICTING THE NUMBER OF GAMES IF YOU PICK THE WRONG TEAM!!!

Example: Picking Colorado to beat Minnesota in 5 (not my prediction), but Minnesota wins in 5, you don't get the point just cause you picked 5 games.

Feel free to provide any analysis of the matchup you want.

Pacific Division
(1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (4) Dallas Stars
I REALLY want to pick Dallas, they've given Anaheim a ton of trouble. I just don't see it happening. Ducks in 6
(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (3) Los Angeles Kings
Not having home ice hurts. San Jose is also getting healthier. My head tells me to pick SJ, but I'm a Kings fan so fuck it, Kings in 6.

Central Division
(1) Colorado Avalanche vs. (4) Minnesota Wild
I don't know how the Avs went from worst to first (Roy), but they should easily move past Minny. CO in 5.
(2) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Chicago Blackhawks
The Blues are a sinking ship & it cost them the division and a date with Chicago. There's no stopping the Titanic from going down. Chicago in 6.

Metropolitan Division:
(1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (4) Columbus Blue Jackets
Will Fluery show up? If so the Pens can go far, if not it's another 1st/2nd round exit. They should get past Columbus, they went 5-0 agains them this season. Pens in 6.
(2) New York Rangers vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers
Good matchup. Flyers in 7.

Atlantic Division
(1) Boston Bruins vs. (4) Detroit Red Wings
Boston will win this series, but Detroit is a scary first round opponent with how they've played lately. Boston in 7
(2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Montreal Canadiens
Umm... Is Bishop going to play? I don't know. Montreal in 6.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooooh! ooooh! My turn...

Ducks vs Stars-- The Quax are better...they really are. But Kari Lehtonen outplays whatever person that is used by Anaheim, and Benn and Seguin match Getzlaf and Perry. DALLAS in 6.

Sharks vs Kings-- Can't wait to hear the whining Guppy twins (Hahn/Remenda) when this is over. Kopitar and Gaborik scorch the Sharks D, and Quick is, well, Quick. LOS ANGELES in 6.

Avalanche vs Wild-- Smoke and mirrors...Roy has done magic worthy of joining the Eye ("Now You See Me" reference), and it continues through goalie-starved Minnesota. Bryzgalev? Really? COLORADO in 4.

Blues vs Blackhawks-- Unlike other teams that rested people, St. Louis really had something to play for...avoiding Chicago. Oops! Toews and Kane are supposed to be back. CHICAGO in 5.

Penguins vs Blue Jackets-- Columbus is looking for its first playoff game victory...when this is over, they'll still be looking. Pittsburgh gets all home games, just wears different color unis. PITTSBURGH in 4.

Flyers vs Rangers-- If Mason is 100%, Philly can make this a series...but their defense is still putrid. And then there's Lundqvist, McDonogh, et al. NEW YORK in 5.

Bruins vs Red Wings-- A fully healthy Datsuck and Shitterberg could make this interesting, but Boston is way too deep for Detroit. And Rask vs. Howard is a mismatch. BOSTON in 6.

Lightning vs Canadiens-- Cooper says Malone's arrest is not a distraction, which means it's a distraction. Price can be hot or cold...I like Tampa's goaltending more. TAMPA BAY in 7.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks in 5

Kings in 6

Avs in 5

Hawks in 6

Pens in 4

Rags in 5

Bruins in 6

TB in 6

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bruce Boudreau's coached teams always have great regular season records and tank in the playoffs, like last year, the Ducks lose to Dallas in 6.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NHL.com there is a Bracket Challenge for those interested. Due to the new format, you can pick much like you would for the NCAA Bracket.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many threads going right now. Someone should setup one for Thursday.

Is Doughty back for the Playoffs? I am assuming yes.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dux in 5
Kings in 7
Wild in 6
Hawks in 7
Pens in 5
Flyers in 7
Bruins in 5
Habs in 6

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ducks in 5

Kings in 7

Avs in 5

Blues in 6

Pens in 5

Rags in 5

Bruins in 6

TB in 6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some great first round matchups.

Boston over Detroit in 6.

Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6.

Columbus over Pitt in 6. I think Columbus is far more Playoff ready and has far superior goaltending. Picking the Blue Jackets to advance.

Philadelphia over New York in 7.

WEST:

Minnesota over Colorado 6. Early prediction that the Wild emerge from the West this year.

St. Louis over Chicago in 5.

Anaheim over Dallas in 5.

Kings over Sharks in 7. I hate this matchup. Long series of watching Muzzin suck a big one, culminating in an epic Game 7 for the second year in a row. Gonna be a battle. Doughty is hopefully back and angry/effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston in 5
Montreal in 6
Pittsburgh in 6
New York in 6
Anaheim in 5
LA in 7
Chicago in 6
Colorado in 6

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUCKS in 6
KINGS in 7
AVS in 6
HAWKS in 7
PENS in 5
NYR in 6
BOS in 5
MTL in 6

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks in 7
Kings in 6
Avs in 6
Hawks in 6
Pens in 5
Philly in 7
Bruins in 6
Habs in 6

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitterberg, Loco? LMAO, never heard that one.

Ducks/Dallas - Ducks in 5
Kings/Charks - Kings in 6
Hawks/Blues - Hawks in 7
Colorado/Minnesota - Minny in 6

Boston/Detoilet - Bruins in 6
Montreal/Tampa Bay - Habs in 7
Pittsburgh/BJs - BJs in 7, my upset pick of the playoffs. Then they will promptly get murdered in the second round.
Flyers/NY - NY in 5

Of course I want to see the Kings win the Cup, but a close second moment of happiness will be if Anaheim and St. Louis don't win it. I'm so sick of the Blues knob gobbling all season long, they overachieved and hopefully it's all starting to fall apart at the right time.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Boudreau's coached teams always have great regular season records and tank in the playoffs, like last year, the Ducks lose to Dallas in 6.

I'm hoping for that too. He plays far too much - correction, RELIES way too much - on an offensive, free wheeling game. That shizzle doesn't happen in the playoffs and I'm hoping to see a first round elimination of Anaheim but they drew a favorable opponent in Dallas. Dallas won the RS series I believe but those numbers don't matter now.

The Ducks are extremely top heavy with Getzlaf and Perry and then a sharp decline in secondary scoring. Shut those two down and Dallas will have a shot.

I also think if the Ducks flame out this round, Boudreau's head is officially on the chopping block.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason out, Emery in.

I'm changing my pick to Rags in 6

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to move this to the top. Remind people of their picks.